News Islamification of Britain

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I just came up with a new sport. Neg's urban sports: Islamic burger bowloff.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thats kinda true tbh. Have anyone EVER seen a hot white girl in burka or whatever its called? It's always the ugly fat ones :p

Well, no, but i've never seen an ugly person in a burka either. Or a fat one. Or rather, anyone. Since..well..it's a burka!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
In London anyway, it's been happening for a long time. I've always seen young people turn to Islam (young adults), and quite often because they are troubled anyway.

I don't like any religion actively "recruiting", or trying to "save" people. And the way Islam targets young people does not sit well with me at all.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Then again, it's specualation on how much of this is "recruiting" and how much is just peeps making a choice.

At the end of day, not really peoples business to get angry about is it?

Their life, their choice.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Well i am furious, Britain wont be full Islamic before 2562 at that rate of conversion. :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
and who knows what other religions will have popped up by then, maybe we will or be scientologists... or apathists "you know, whatever..."

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I have a slightly different take on the whole religious douchbaggery. You see, i believe that all those religious nuts will perish eventually due to them not being able to integrate into society. That, or they will take over the world. I would go for the first tho.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think you'll find that the douchebaggery comes from the anti-religion crew, which funnily enough is the only people who have trouble integrating with religious people and try to eradicate all forms of it.

Selfish motherf*ckers :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
No no no. Religion is a way of making people devolve, thus creating anti-religion:ists whom does not approve. There wouldnt be anti-religionists if religion did not have a negative impact on everything. Action, reaction.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
as the Hitch Hikers guide said; "People like you and me are just dilletantes, eccentrics, layabouts, fartarounds if you like. We're not obsessed by anything. And that's the deciding factor. We can't win against obsession. They care, we don't. They win"

:p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The thing is, the "harm of religion" is cooked up by the anti-religion, it's in most cases not even real.

Also a big weapon is generalising all religion and religious people in the same form, which is complete douchebaaggery bullcrap again.

Like your claim that religion is devolving people, nothing to back that up except the thought that "i'm better then you 'cause i don't have religion in my life, thus i is smarter".

No fact in it, just highhorsing on a toyhorse none the less.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think you'll find that the douchebaggery comes from the anti-religion crew, which funnily enough is the only people who have trouble integrating with religious people and try to eradicate all forms of it.

Uh-huh - I think your 100% wrong on that - was it atheists who blew up those coptic christians in egypt the other week - no it was muslims.

Its always religions who hate other religions the most because atheists in general dont go round proscribing how others should live.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
The thing is, the "harm of religion" is cooked up by the anti-religion, it's in most cases not even real.

Tell that to the people in Africa dying of AIDs because their religion says that condoms are sinful. Or the people killed by suicide bombers who believe they are doing their God's will. Or the thirteen year old child the BBC did a documentary on who had been so indoctrinated into religion she was in tears describing how everyone, including herself, was probably going to go to hell.

Also a big weapon is generalising all religion and religious people in the same form, which is complete douchebaaggery bullcrap again.

Isn't that exactly what you've done with anti/non religious people?

Like your claim that religion is devolving people, nothing to back that up except the thought that "i'm better then you 'cause i don't have religion in my life, thus i is smarter".

While I wouldn't necessarily say religion devolves people it does certainly require you to suspend critical, rational, logical thinking in order to firstly believe and then maintain that belief. You basically have to ignore huge amounts of evidence we have demonstrating how the natural world operates without the intervention of an deity and stick with anecdotal nonsense people spout all the time about seeing god or being touched by god.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Here we go again.

A light-hearted thread getting turned into religious debate.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No debate really, it's pointless to talk about since the anti-religion crew is just like the religious nutters; can't listen, must bash.

There's no middleground with either religious zealots or the anti-religion peeps.

Especially since the anti-religion uses examples like bombings, war etc, which ofcourse would be non-existant if religion wasn't around :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Toht does have a point, religion has been the excuse rather than cause for centuries

nutters will always be nutters, usually encouraged by other nutters (who have more money)

watch the southpark episodes where cartman goes into future and finds the atheist religions for example :p

and remember, Atheism is a non-prophet organisation (say it out loud and its funnier :( )

rynnor

Rockhound
Especially since the anti-religion uses examples like bombings, war etc, which ofcourse would be non-existant if religion wasn't around :p

Clearly not and it would be ludicrous to suggest it but you cant have religious persecution or holy wars without religion.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Clearly not and it would be ludicrous to suggest it but you cant have religious persecution or holy wars without religion.

Nope, you can't. But see that much around in civilized countries, namely countries that have HAD those wars and persections?

Like for example the UK, plenty of religion wars and persecutions, but they are a thing of the past now(if we don't count persecution towards religious people...aha ;)) and even if people are religious and turning muslim in the UK, it doesn't mean that suddenly you'll have wars and such.

The conclusion here is that the countries that still have religion based wars etc, aren't because they're religious alone, but also because they aren't as civilized as, say, the UK. And then the religion just becomes a reason for war, scapegoat if you will since people can use anything as such a reason.

I'm using civilized losely here ;)

EDIT:

Did want to mention that it's funny how these peeps turn to islam, then keep on celebrating birthdays, having christmas(and probably accepting gifts yumyum)and all that.

THAT is a fashion statement, not religious pursuit ;)

rynnor

Rockhound
Nope, you can't. But see that much around in civilized countries, namely countries that have HAD those wars and persections?

There is still localised persecution, stabbings, desecrations etc. We just spent a few million to provide guards for jewish schools in the UK and the coptic church here have requested police protection because they fear being targeted by the muslims as part of the current campaign against them.

A lot of the literature/websites that radicalise muslims into terrorists present their acts as part of a holy war against christians etc. etc.

Like for example the UK, plenty of religion wars and persecutions, but they are a thing of the past now(if we don't count persecution towards religious people...aha ;)).

In the UK religions are protected by law, priests sit in the house of lords and religions are consulted over policy. Atheists are one of the few groups who dont have any legal protections for their beliefs in the UK.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
but isnt defining Atheism as a belief a bit odd? surely its the LACK of belief? :p

and how could you legislate for the lack of belief?

especially as theres still alot of religious people, with influence, in the UK (even now its the law i believe for state-run schools to have a christian assembly every morning, regardless of the background of the pupils)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There is still localised persecution, stabbings, desecrations etc. We just spent a few million to provide guards for jewish schools in the UK and the coptic church here have requested police protection because they fear being targeted by the muslims as part of the current campaign against them.

A lot of the literature/websites that radicalise muslims into terrorists present their acts as part of a holy war against christians etc. etc.

Then be against those things, not just "religion is all crap".

Like i've always said, i don't like the zealotty, preachy, in your face, etc religious people either, but i don't like them because they are that way, not because they are religious.

Atheists are one of the few groups who dont have any legal protections for their beliefs in the UK.

That's because they don't have any ;)

Man, i got to use that old atheist chestnut back :D

rynnor

Rockhound
but isnt defining Atheism as a belief a bit odd? surely its the LACK of belief? :p

Its a belief but one that you can make a decent scientific arguement for - the english language doesnt really have a proper word to describe it.

rynnor

Rockhound
Then be against those things, not just "religion is all crap".

Like i've always said, i don't like the zealotty, preachy, in your face, etc religious people either, but i don't like them because they are that way, not because they are religious.

I'm not against religion until it impacts how I live - people can believe what they like. There are zealots on both sides - I personally have no time for Dawkins.

That's because they don't have any ;)

Man, i got to use that old atheist chestnut back :D

Not true really - they believe god doesnt exist - thats pretty much it - since its unprovable either way I'd call it a belief.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Its a belief but one that you can make a decent scientific arguement for - the english language doesnt really have a proper word to describe it.

Not true really - they believe god doesnt exist - thats pretty much it - since its unprovable either way I'd call it a belief.

No, atheism isn't a belief, it's a lack of belief. Being an atheist doesn't mean that you believe god doesn't exist, it means you don't believe god exists. Now that may sound like the same thing but it's two very different concepts.

Also just quickly on the point of god's existence being unprovable either way - the same can be said for unicorns or fairies yet we're quite happy to accept that they don't exist. Why is this? Is it because we accept they are things created by man and that there's no evidence for their actual existence? If that's the case then why does that not apply to god? Why is it people claim that we have to accept that he might exist when there's absolutely no evidence for such a thing?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm not against religion until it impacts how I live - people can believe what they like. There are zealots on both sides - I personally have no time for Dawkins.

Well think we can agree on that - if you keep sh*t personal, it's your personal sh*t :p

I've gotten a reeming for saying atheism is a belief, so now i'm confused :D

Krazeh - you're ofcourse right that there's no proof, no more then of unicorns or fairies(not saying there aren't any :D), but then again there doesn't have to be. You choose what you believe, everyone does, be it real or not.

I don't have any proof of pluto existing(afterall, it could just be some guys making sh*t up), but there ya go.

People tell santa claus is real to kids, but have real problems with teaching about god. Seems a little contradicting ;)

Plenty of arguments every which way could be used, but the end of day, if you're against someones personal sh*t, you're just a nosy intefering b*tch.

rynnor

Rockhound
No, atheism isn't a belief, it's a lack of belief.

This is dawkins arguement but unless you can provide proofs either way its just an unproveable theory = belief.

No-one believes in gravity because we experience it and its experimentally demonstrable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom