FH Subscriber
Well then, for you bilateral gynandromorph lovers:

and

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well then, for you bilateral gynandromorph lovers:

and

The start of the Futurism article is a bit cringe. "In Western society..."

There are only 2 sexes. 2 gametes, 2 sexes. There isn't a third gamete or a third sex. The cases they cite aren't new sexes.

Bilateral Gynodoodah happens in a lot of species, because they way they determine sex is weird. That's not the case in placental mammals though. That cat is not an example. She is a she.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I suspect the pushback is already starting against trans-orthodoxy, at least in sane countries, and we'll end up with the balance between therapy and transition that anyone with an ounce of common sense has always said is the sensible approach; the US was first into the mess and is in deeper, but there are increasing numbers who aren't scared of being called a TERF. It might take a bit of ageing out in academia before we get a new normal though.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

While I think this is completely shitty and has been terribly harmful to those most vulnerable, to be fair a lot of academia in general is like that. Every paper in a field referencing each other because it is the current hot field and the only area getting any funding, even if that field has little to no evidence supporting it. Globally there is a lot wrong with how science is currently done.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
You see the same in a lot of media, NewsA references NewsB who reference NewsA, etc etc

What's Latin for circlejerk?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
While I think this is completely shitty and has been terribly harmful to those most vulnerable, to be fair a lot of academia in general is like that. Every paper in a field referencing each other because it is the current hot field and the only area getting any funding, even if that field has little to no evidence supporting it. Globally there is a lot wrong with how science is currently done.
I agree. Not because I’m a conspiracy nut. Several good scientists say similar things. E.g: David Colquoun. Too much churned out crap, drowning out the good science that is going on.

Obviously, being in the field you’ll know better than me :)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Obviously, being in the field you’ll know better than me :)
I'm no longer in the field, I dropped out long ago. Thought about going back for a while but quickly realised "fuck that." Frankly I enjoy more being a hobbyist reading up on what ever fun new stuff is out here and being thankful I'm not part of that grind of producing trash papers purely to get funding since you have no other income.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom