Is this the future?

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
well sure, but then you still have to deal with the masses of GTAOE sorcs/magus/BW's/whatever the other GTAOE class order has.

sure getting rid of the tankwall helps, but its not that thats killing you. its all the fucking AE's thats still gonna pound you after the tankwall is scattered.
That's why i'm saying you need a 2*5-10 man teams of WE's/WHs suicide-attacking the battlements to give you time.

Not saying it's a great option, but it does work (we did it in a siege - gave us 60 seconds or so free on the gate pretty much dropped it in one go - about 5% when the aoes came back up - just dotted it to finish.

I agree stacking needs an upper limit - 2 types of AE damage stacked in any one area would be reasonable? (max of 2.5k per second then as capped rof damage is about 1.2k assuming good resists).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I agree stacking needs an upper limit - 2 types of AE damage stacked in any one area would be reasonable? (max of 2.5k per second then as capped rof damage is about 1.2k assuming good resists).

maybe yeah. but then u'd still have a potential of facing 8 GTAOE, as iirc each of the mentioned classes have 2 trees that have a gtaoe each. for instance magus have one channeled gtaoe in havoc and one "fire and forget" in changing.

and while i havent played any of the other 3 classes i suspect they do to.

/edit: just remembered that magus "fire and forget" one dont stack. there its only the highest level one thats dealing damage if they occupy the same spot.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Looks like some changes are inc soon
Hey all, I posted this on another forum, but I'm going to repeat it here...

I think (from people quoting James) that it's now well documented that we are indeed reviewing how GTAoE spells are functioning in game in 1.2. While it's easy enough for us to simply knee-jerk and "OMGWTHBBQ" nerf the damage of spells such as RoF and PoS, it's not what's going to happen. While it is true that the damage of these spells has indeed become a bit more "spikey" since 1.2, due to the changes in the damage variance of critical hits combined with the lower resist cap, the overarcing issue is a bit more complex than that. There's many more things to take into consideration from a design standpoint than just the base abilities.

We understand that large amount of concerns that are being voiced by the community. It's understandable that players, especially players who are not able to run the game on higher settings, are having a difficult time adjusting to these changes. However, when making changes to the way things work right now, we have to carefully consider some things:

- If we change it too drastically, will it make the spell completely inviable and not fun to use for the BW/Sorcs?
- If we don't change it enough, will it make it completely unbearable for players who are not BW's/Sorcs to play?

What's the happy medium here? Well that's what we're figuring out. Player feedback and suggestions have been a great source of information in our ruminations, so thank you for that.

And to head off the inevitable "Oh Em Gee you should have known this before it all went live!" posts, I'll simply state this: Career Balance is a complex and ever changing system. We will never be finished balancing careers. There will always be, and has always been, perceived imbalances between careers. The capability to recognize these imbalances and react accordingly is what will set us apart from others. Obviously not every career will always receive the same amount of attention in every patch cycle, but there are things that are planned further down the road for every career, they just take time. (Some things we can't share just yet, before anyone asks )

Andy Belford
Community Coordinator
Mythic Entertainment
Rain of Fire in 1.2? - Warhammer Forums

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It just shows how stupid the game is tbh. MDPS are not allowed to kill things toe to toe, even when they get a jump one v one. Yet ranged casters can knock out damage that no other class can from the safety of a battlement or standing in the middle of a group of friends.

Before this patch I honestly thought with the exeption of WE damage being reduced that the game itself (fix all the class bugs) was actually relatively balanced (not class for class because that would be well shit) but for the groups yuo could create.

However it's now gone so far off to the wrong end it is daft.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
- If we change it too drastically, will it make the spell completely inviable and not fun to use for the BW/Sorcs?
- If we don't change it enough, will it make it completely unbearable for players who are not BW's/Sorcs to play?

oh you mean revert to how it was at release with BROKEN casters ?
will it make ? lols.. bit late for that methinks

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
It just shows how stupid the game is tbh. MDPS are not allowed to kill things toe to toe, even when they get a jump one v one. Yet ranged casters can knock out damage that no other class can from the safety of a battlement or standing in the middle of a group of friends.

Before this patch I honestly thought with the exeption of WE damage being reduced that the game itself (fix all the class bugs) was actually relatively balanced (not class for class because that would be well shit) but for the groups yuo could create.

However it's now gone so far off to the wrong end it is daft.

Yep, it smacks of the old DAoC balancing cock-ups.

Reactive instead of proactive, thats Mythic all over im afraid.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
WE changes were arguably over the top in 1.2 (and I only play Order- and the WE's fav target - the Runepriest). I really don't understand many of the other changes they made, AOE damage seems far too high now, as a healer it's simply impossible to keep up.

I'd like them to do the following to change it:

1. Can only use GTAOE when your CHARACTER can see the spot, from where he/she is standing and directly on front of the direction they're facing. In other words no dragging the camera around to GTAOE somewhere that you can't be attacked or seen from.

2. GTAOE are given an additional radius, only one active GTAOE can be active in that area every 10s. So only 1 can cast, others have to wait or select another spot.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
but there are things that are planned further down the road for every career, they just take time. (Some things we can't share just yet, before anyone asks )

and ok its not the fairest of comparisons, but does anyone else remember them churning that one out for ..oooh..about a year, before they finally canned ORIGINS ?

Poag

m00?
Afaik Mr Mobs, Origins was never out fo the can it was a toold they used to tempt the community and see what the reaction was.

Or atleast thats what i read through the marketing lingo of that post on origins a week or so ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom