Is this really what DAOC has turned into?

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
I had the pleasure of meeting this rather special fellow just now.. heres a little log!

[17:22:43] * instagibbarN (~bjoern@gate1.lidnet.net) has joined #daoc.prydwen
[17:24:44] <instagibbarN> anyone know where i can get radar?
[17:25:32] <stupeh> hax2max.com
[17:26:16] <instagibbarN> well pm me if u dont wanna admit u use radar.
[17:27:03] * p0x sets mode: +b *!*@gate1.lidnet.net
[17:27:07] * instagibbarN was kicked by p0x (instagibbarN)

Session Start: Mon Apr 03 17:31:38 2006
Session Ident: instagibbarN
[17:31:38] Session Ident: instagibbarN (~bjoern@gate1.lidnet.net)
[17:31:38] <instagibbarN> aawwww like you dont use radar, roflnoob
-
[17:35:01] instagibbarN is ~bjoern@gate1.lidnet.net * bjoernbusen
[17:35:01] instagibbarN on #daoc.glastonbury #groove.daoc @#wgy-csm @#kos-klan
[17:35:01] instagibbarN using *.quakenet.org QuakeNet IRC Server
[17:35:01] instagibbarN is authed as Troykan
[17:35:01] instagibbarN has been idle 2secs, signed on Mon Apr 03 16:18:24
[17:35:01] instagibbarN End of /WHOIS list.
-
[17:35:11] <p0x> no, I dont
[17:35:22] <instagibbarN> "ok"
[17:35:37] <p0x> glad you awknowledge this fact
[17:35:45] <p0x> now be nice and leave me alone :)
[17:35:50] <instagibbarN> and i would be glad if u stfud
[17:36:00] <p0x> I'm not the one pm'ing you, am I?
[17:36:08] <instagibbarN> but youre the one banning me
[17:36:33] <p0x> yes, cause you're one of the cheating retards that strive to ruin games like this
[17:36:49] <instagibbarN> so u <3 running around not finding enemies
[17:36:55] <instagibbarN> and post on freddyshouse bout not doing so?
[17:36:58] <p0x> haha
[17:37:05] <instagibbarN> awww
[17:37:05] <instagibbarN> QQ
[17:37:11] <p0x> no, I'm one of the people that play the game, not the ones that whine about it
[17:37:30] <instagibbarN> gotta say
[17:37:32] <instagibbarN> "ok"
[17:37:32] <instagibbarN> again
[17:37:42] <p0x> cause you cant come up with anything intelligent? :)
[17:38:06] <instagibbarN> what do i have to say then?
[17:38:13] <instagibbarN> youre using it yourself
[17:38:15] <instagibbarN> well not you
[17:38:16] <p0x> not much, I gather
[17:38:16] <instagibbarN> maybe
[17:38:22] <instagibbarN> but with ppl that do
[17:38:38] <p0x> I haven't played the game for over a year, so no :)
[17:38:53] <instagibbarN> when u did tough
[17:39:11] <p0x> that was the good olden days when we didn't have retards like you around
[17:39:25] <instagibbarN> like in patch woot?
[17:39:49] <p0x> no idea whatsoever, seems the community has turned into WoW's lately
[17:40:11] <p0x> you people should stay in counterstrike or whateverthefuck it is thats spawning you
[17:40:38] <instagibbarN> ok mr rr2
[17:41:07] <p0x> I was still the server's #1 blademaster half a year after I had quit :)
[17:41:36] <instagibbarN> and youre saying you never was in touch with radar?
[17:41:36] <instagibbarN> HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
[17:41:41] <p0x> yes
[17:41:58] <instagibbarN> nawww your grp never used it
[17:42:01] <instagibbarN> i promise (Y)
[17:42:04] <p0x> nope
[17:42:16] <p0x> I didn't play with people like you :)
[17:42:18] <instagibbarN> it's kinnda funny you nearly believe it yourself.
[17:42:43] <p0x> anyway, this is getting kinda boring, I hope you wont mind if I post this conversation on FH!
[17:42:46] <p0x> no? good
Session Close: Mon Apr 03 17:42:47 2006

Is this really what the game has turned into nowadays? I remember seeing a lot of bullcrap like this on the US servers, but now on EU too? What happened to all the nice people? :/ /cry

duact

Fledgling Freddie
[17:20] <instagibbarN> anyone know where i can get radar?

bet hes from us

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
well some old peeps that i was suspecting that they use radar ask me about the same :) well i tell them that if they not want to get banned they must never use any cheats on this game well they stop playing ..... and since buffbots r needed to play more others quit

i guess that we r alone now? :)

well tbh i heard from an old player of daoc that in old emain was like something sorc/healer/bard should have radar and even if they didnt know how to get it the guilds was sending them the links xD was something like public secret :p

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I've never understood why someone would like to use radar in a game based on a medieval world. Anyway I don't think I've met anyone on Excal using it, as I haven't heard anyone even mention it in years. Last time I heard someone mention radar in rvr was before ToA, a few people were whining a bit in groupchat cause they suspected the albs/hibs of using radar. Back then I was new to rvr, and didn't know what radar was. I thought they were whining about a realm ability that mids didn't have access to, like group purge and sos, although I never found out how exactly that 'realm ability' worked. Oh how much mids were screaming about hibs' group purge. Lol.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
People won't talk much about radar as they know they will get flamed if they do. Tbh I don't spend all my life in RvR so can't comment too much on if it is still going on, but it more than likely is being honest.

I have been in groups where I have even suspected the driver of using radar - but how do you even bring it up ?

Must say though that things like suspecting someone within your own group hasnt happened to me in a long time tbh - prob over a year or so since last incident I remember (and I am not sure I even remember the players name now being honest) but the otherside of that is I only really RvR now in guild/alliance groups and very rarely pick-up groups - and pleased to say it was only ever in a pickup group I ever clocked someone behaving oddly .. but yeah I take for granted (rather sadly) that it does go on...and always will - whilst therer is a chance to pwn some people want to pwn at all costs regardless of it involving cheating or not...

censi

Can't get enough of FH
could be wrong, but like back in the day, there was a period when radar use was pretty high. lots of guild groups running with it on all 3 realms. lots of solo mages/mincers and skalds using it....

like there was just too many strange adds from the same old characters... it takes a special kind of moron to cheat in daoc tbh because it really isnt that sort of game....

think like the waves of bannings over several patches combined with probably a lack of interest from any radar developer to stay ahead of the game has lead to radar not really being used.

I dont tend to really suspect anyone nowadays. im sure theres a few dickheads out there still though

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
It's sad that some of the US kids move here to cheat :\

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Why did you even bother talking to him anyway p0x ?

Just ignore and see what the idiots go on about, it's more fun.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
skalds using it....

Who was that skald who loved Odins Gate and use to be accused of radaring all the time?

Had many a good fights with him even if he did seem to come in the most unexpected of directions and times.

Started with a T?

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
I seen Radar in action.

Advantages:

Group leader: Instead of 2000 range you see inc on 3000-5000 range. (1-2 sec advantage)

Other group member: You get a better overview of the fights.

Stealthers: You see incoming visual adds. If you see someone not moving towards you on radar you wont be fast enough to get to them anyway.

Solo Speed Class: Can roam freely knowing that you can avoid all groups. See other fights and soloers and can possibly catch up.

Conclusion: For a solo speed class it might have a purpose, for all the rest its basicly pointless. You get to know when adds is coming to whipe you before they do..

During this observations in OF i did see some but not that many other radar users as people think.
Testing was done on a account specialy for the task.

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
SoulFly said:
Why did you even bother talking to him anyway p0x ?

Just ignore and see what the idiots go on about, it's more fun.
I was bored :/

Belomar

Part of the furniture
No, it is not what DAoC has turned into. You do get the occasional idiot, though, as in every game.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of ppl have claimed that radar on grpleaders isn't that much of an advantage coz of the fact that u only have 1-2 secs extra of prep but a quick view of the facts:

Visual range is ~3200 the max range a radartool can see is 6000 but as the information is delayed by an update cycle the actual values are lower
The result is that when it comes to two grps heading straight for each other radar merely helps reaction time by about 1-2 extra sec, so even total noobs can throw a mezz, so far so good, doesn't look like such a big advantage...

But often enough you don't run straight into an enemy grp but u will run besides them, cross their path or even come up behind them... now u see them on ur radar and all u need to do is spring the trap... hitting them in a way not possible without the cheat as u simply wouldn't have known that they were there...

Now lets look at "other grpmembers":

The point u came up with is sry nothing but bs... coz radar only displays what u already see on ur screen and glancing over would do nothing but take ur eyes off the real battle losing any overview you might gain from watching a chaotic bunch of small triangles without descriptions.
But the actual point is seeing a grp inc and beeing able to break away from ur grp so any ae mezzes hit u for less or not at all before the grp is in range making ur move way more effective as u have additional time.
You will have the same benefit when another grp adds, you know they are coming so u can get into a good position for when they hit.

So to sum it up, radar will give u a great chance of getting the jump or at minimum reduce ur reation time so ur prepared for when they inc while at the same time allowing ur grp to avoid an enemies jump by good positioning

So no, radar is not just a small advantage thats not really worth it but a fuckin game affecting cheat that is hard enough to fight against even without some pseudo intelligent ppl trying to tell us how minor it is...

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
Who was that skald who loved Odins Gate and use to be accused of radaring all the time?

Had many a good fights with him even if he did seem to come in the most unexpected of directions and times.

Started with a T?

Turgon

And yes, he seemed very fishy :p

He killed me ALOT on my animist - never killed me 'odd' places tho :p Always came out of the blue and instapooned me... But the again, he's a skald, he's supposed to be all over the place :p

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
duact said:
[17:20] <instagibbarN> anyone know where i can get radar?

bet hes from us

Nah, all US players have radar websites favourited, if he was a yank he wouldn't need to ask tbh.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
crispy said:
Turgon

And yes, he seemed very fishy :p

He killed me ALOT on my animist - never killed me 'odd' places tho :p Always came out of the blue and instapooned me... But the again, he's a skald, he's supposed to be all over the place :p

I seem to remember running my necro up to AB in Odins Gate and seeing him in the distance (must've failed to see clip range) in the area to the left of the AB (where no-one goes to) just staring straight at me. Was kind of scary.

Then, when I took the long route to advoid being zerged by mids, I saw him just staring straight at me again.

I did eventually kill him though and those 1000 rp's were highly justified :clap:

Lethul

FH is my second home
i remember duoing with Turgon and getting jumped by a fg :(

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
i remember duoing with Turgon and getting jumped by a fg :(

Skilled rader user :p has to get ''caught'' occasionally to create the illusion of chance...the fact he brought you probably means he wanted you to die too! :p
Ofc this is all BS i dont reckon he used rader and he was always a good scrap, along with you too mistar savage :cheers:

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
I seem to remember running my necro up to AB in Odins Gate and seeing him in the distance (must've failed to see clip range) in the area to the left of the AB (where no-one goes to) just staring straight at me. Was kind of scary.

Then, when I took the long route to advoid being zerged by mids, I saw him just staring straight at me again.

I did eventually kill him though and those 1000 rp's were highly justified :clap:

so you were staring straight at him too? :D he must have felt the same way ;)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
p0x the number one blademastah vs Soulfly the number one paladin, who would win?!?!

Neither, the universe would implode at the sheer energy forces colliding :(

Nuklear

Fledgling Freddie
Radar has been about for ages..........

radarxml.jpg

daocskilla.png

Please note these are screens uplifted from another site not my own Computer

Like others have said, the Hackers cheaters call them what you will seem to have stopped or not keeping up with patches.

Just to add I have never used Radar and never will dont see the point, but the information is there for us all to see.

I have had my DAOC account for over 4 years and yer I seen some dodgy play in my time, but think its dying out or at least hope so

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I was once in a group ages ago in OF emain an i reckon our sorc was radaring.

me and a guildmate were in the group at the time, we went around for ages without getting wiped, always seeming to catch groups of 5 or less and always from behind.

Since it was at a time that I was very new to rvr (and so not very good), usually a typical emain run for me would last less than 15 minutes before a wipe, with this sorc we lasted atleast an hour without a single wipe.

My friend at one point made a remark about the luck of our driver in /g, and the sorc got fairly defensive straight away(in my eyes this confirmed it). Needless to say we left the group pretty soon after that.

I myself have never seen radar, I've always wondered what it would be like, but my curiosity is nowhere near anything like enough to even think of using it. To me the use of radar - or indeed any sort of cheat or exploit - is a big, thick line, once you cross it you're pretty much a lost cause.

Shenysh

Banned
scarloc said:
but not all CS players cheat.
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah *breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhaah *gasp*hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... a little more.. ahahahahahahahahahah!
/septinamode off

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i remember grouping with someone ages ago, pre TOA, who would say albs/mids inc from x direction, would look in that direction and see nothing, few seconds later they would appear, left the group about 5 mins later :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
the worst thing about US players is that they dont even try to hide that they are using it.
was playing on a freeshard server, got invited to a "setgrp" with my ickle zerk, joined their vent (and ofc me dont got a mic so i couldnt say annything, just listen). since freeshard is alittle different then live servers they were having problems to get their speedhacks working, their radar was working ok, but they wasnt even trying to hide it, they asked in their public vent (no passes, free for all etc, lots of americans there, mostly from mordred) how to get it working, and ofc, that grp i was in never got whiped.
what amuses me is that its so "accepted" by the US players itself, i mean why? if the game was ment to be played with radar then mythic would have buildt it in! COMEONE! its a freeking game, you.dont.got.to.be.the.best.at.all.costs! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom