[QUESTION] Is this game worth my degree?

code414

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with the majority of posters, if you can't ration yourself then leave it for now, the game will still be here in 3 / 4 years :)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i played daoc while doing my degree and i can say it will effect your end credit, although admitingly me failing the 2nd year screwed over my final qualification but a 2:2 isnt too bad consdering the amount of work i actually put in.

but i would say this an MMO is far far far cheaper than trying to go out and drink yourself stupid that a lot of university students do.

Also for the love of god stay away from canabis its not social and it screws over your brain BIG style. I think i saw 3 of my friends effectivly muck up their mental capacity with this stuff.

anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
i played daoc while doing my degree and i can say it will effect your end credit, although admitingly me failing the 2nd year screwed over my final qualification but a 2:2 isnt too bad consdering the amount of work i actually put in.

but i would say this an MMO is far far far cheaper than trying to go out and drink yourself stupid that a lot of university students do.

Also for the love of god stay away from canabis its not social and it screws over your brain BIG style. I think i saw 3 of my friends effectivly muck up their mental capacity with this stuff.

anyone who says otherwise is lying.

I'm quite astounded on how much advice I've got from this forum, it's pretty amazing!

Keep it up! :drink:

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
anyone who lets a mmo get in the way of education is a twat. I played daoc and wow at uni and ended up with a high 2:1 (almost a 1st). As with everything else in life it's simply about priorities, and knowing when u can slack and when u fucking can't.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
I would say play it casually! Try and limit yourself... or as most people have said just wait.

I am currently aiming to play it for a couple of hours every other night.

Draig

Fledgling Freddie
Well if your gonna be based at Cardiff Uni I can monitor the Reslan traffic and if your playing over 4 hours a day I will cut your outlet off the router :lol:

Like most have said , if your at Uni and a first year there will be plenty of other distractions before year 3 to occupy you, if you are going to play WAR use moderation

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Hello chaps,

I joined this forum after gaining access to the open beta.
Yes, GOA put some obstacles in the road and as a result I didn't get a large amount of time to experience enough of the game; Yet I did enjoy most of what I did see in Tier 1.

So here comes my question to guys who have seen some more beyond the first tier / level 11 / etc. Is this game worth it for the long haul?

I really do enjoy my MMO's, but considering that I'm starting uni in September, it ought to be bloody brilliant to take away a lot of my 'studying' time :lol:

Thanks guys.
as a frist year student you will have some spare time, you will have to give about 80hours to uni work per week (depending on degree type) but its all about moderation, not to forget things like fresher week etc... have fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom