[QUESTION] Is this game worth my degree?

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
Hello chaps,

I joined this forum after gaining access to the open beta.
Yes, GOA put some obstacles in the road and as a result I didn't get a large amount of time to experience enough of the game; Yet I did enjoy most of what I did see in Tier 1.

So here comes my question to guys who have seen some more beyond the first tier / level 11 / etc. Is this game worth it for the long haul?

I really do enjoy my MMO's, but considering that I'm starting uni in September, it ought to be bloody brilliant to take away a lot of my 'studying' time :lol:

Thanks guys.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hello chaps,

Yes, GOA put some obstacles in the road and as a result I didn't get a large amount of time to experience enough of the game; Yet I did enjoy most of what I did see in Tier 1.

So here comes my question to guys who have seen some more beyond the first tier / level 11 / etc. Is this game worth it for the long haul?

I really do enjoy my MMO's, but considering that I'm starting uni in September, it ought to be bloody brilliant to take away a lot of my 'studying' time :lol:

Thanks guys.

If you can't trust yourself enough to limit your time don't bother think of the future not some game that could be gone in 5 years time.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't mess up your education over a game!!!

As intresting as putting down qualifications

Raid leader 50 dragons killed 10 greater daemons
8 lvl 40 toons 3 RR80
bla bla bla

Its only gonna get you a job as a shelf stacker in tesco :D

Don't get me wrong play when you get free time away from Uni, but generally Uni is for getting drunk and getting laid then panic yr 2 after you realise you done feck all in yr1 lol :D

:drink:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Hello chaps,

Thanks guys.

Everything in moderation, uni should come first and for a struggling student it's a lot cheaper than beer. However, sex is free and at uni beer = sex, so screw the game, choose life :)

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
If you can't trust yourself enough to limit your time don't bother think of the future not some game that could be gone in 5 years time.

Fair point. I reckon I can hold off the addiction enough to fit both studying and playing this game... I hope...:lol:

What if WAR has some untapped power that will make my future very successful!? More than any degree.

I can see it now... a wonderful part-time RvR trainer.

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
Everything in moderation, uni should come first and for a struggling student it's a lot cheaper than beer. However, sex is free and at uni beer = sex, so screw the game, choose life :)

:worthy:

The man is right. Hail to thee!

I'll hold off for now then. Perhaps take it up later down the line once I've managed to lose all chances with the uni's women by being caught in some seriously embarrassing situation and having it distributed on the internet. :lol:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
the game is very casual friendly.

you don`t need to play for 6 hours to get anywhere.

even with only 30 mins of game time, you should be able to finish a few public quests or rvr scenarios.

the very nature of it all makes that you don`t have to wait for hours to be able to join a pug or anything.

the system of open groups for pve and automated grouping as soloer for scenarios makes that you can get the best experience out of what little time you are willing to spend ingame.

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie

As interesting as putting down qualifications

8 lvl 40 toons 3 RR80
bla bla bla

Don't get me wrong play when you get free time away from Uni, but generally Uni is for getting drunk and getting laid then panic yr 2 after you realise you done feck all in yr1 lol :D

So you're telling me having several 1337 ubar toons that can out DPS an atomic bomb isn't going to make me successful? Or have women?

Screw you WAR! You lied to me!

Haha, seriously though, from what I've heard from friends already at Uni, the 1st year seems to be a piss take, 40% to clear it, and it's not even part of your final grade.

Despite that, if I do spend my first year getting hooked on WAR, I'm screwed for my final 2 years!

Yes yes, it's decided I shall keep away from it for my future and my uni experience. Thanks for the replies!

But now I need another board to keep me coming back to Freddy's! You guys have made a nice community, but now I don't have a game to discuss!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Don't ever put games before education - especially so at Uni.

/edit Good choice, I saw your reply.

If you are at halls at uni they may even have a block on games accessing the Wireless network, so it could be impossible anyway. (thats what happened at my first year of Uni, something that I'm very very grateful for looking back)

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
Then the General General - FreddysHouse and Off-topic Off-Topic - FreddysHouse sections are for you :)

Been a resident for a while now, good community and we talk random trash from day to day :D

Awesome, I'll go take a peek. Thanks again.

Lets just hope I don't get stuck on this forum now, refreshing the page, instead of writing a dissertation! haha

See you over in the general thread then!

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
Don't ever put games before education - especially so at Uni.

/edit Good choice, I saw your reply.

If you are at halls at uni they may even have a block on games accessing the Wireless network, so it could be impossible anyway. (thats what happened at my first year of Uni, something that I'm very very grateful for looking back)

That's true, although checking through some feedback from people already there, it seems there isn't one. I'll just have to resist temptation!

I'll try handcuffs... that should do the trick.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Several of my old friends from DAoC played way too much back in classic and screwed up their uni studying, one dropped out and one had to retake the final year.

Not good.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

Well, if you think sex is life... like, been there done that. More suprises in Warhammer than sex i hope.

Noheals-WR

Fledgling Freddie
Once you meet the impressionable young opposite sex away from home for the first time, with cash and drink on tap :cheers: the last thing you'll be wanting to do is lock yourself away and play on a computer...till you run out of cash that is.

Your days won't be full anyhow, plenty of freetime and days off...in my last year I had 6 hours in class and the rest was mine!!!

Rest of your life to play games, only this opportunity to say you made a go of it and pass first time...future employers won't look to kindly at someone who took 6 years to pass a 3-4 year course!!

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Degree equals toliet paper since they had a 1/3rd of the population doing em. Fart about on the game, get a desmond and then life starts. Or just go to the pub.

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
This game may last a year or 2 for you, but your degree will last a lifetime and your career will also last a very long time. Just try to keep the big picture in mind and remember self-control.

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
I think with a PVP orientated game such as this, there will be less pressure to keep playing late. After all there arent any 4 hour raids to commit a schedule too 4 times a week like EQ/WOW etc..

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
you can do both, not like you have to do much work at uni! ;p friggin students!

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
In order it should be.....

Degree.
SU bar.
Degree.
SU bar.
Degree.
Women (or if not whatever takes your fancy.. I know Roo likes sheep and Jupi.. well.. anything with a pulse)
Degree.
SU bar.
Part time job to pay for SU bar (once student loan or grant is gone)

Then.. gaming.

Getting that piece of paper that says you can use your barin cell is very important.. or you will end up deranged and needing help.. like Roo.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
dude no one does any work in their first year at uni anyway.

Although you'll probably find the vast amount of alcohol, drugs and sex that is available detracts from your time to play WAR.

wooly

Fledgling Freddie
Most can fuck about and get a desmond... I spent most of my time of rise of the triads... a 2:2 is enough to get past the job police... degrees these days are a piece of piss... not like the old days.. I had to peel back all my skin and bath in acid to get my 2:2... you had to be burnt alive and your ashes pissed on to get a first a 2:1 .. god knows for a first... blah blah...

Just take it easy.. its the best time of your life... do what ever man... your old enough not to listen to all the farts on here.... experience it and don't sit in a darkened room playing this shit... tits and beer are better than this...

One happy with his choices old fart...

Wooly

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
as an oldskool daoc'r, my expectations are high... and so far, I'm enjoying the game more and more even tho I'm only lvl14

Bahumat

FH is my second home

As intresting as putting down qualifications

8 lvl 40 toons 3 RR80
bla bla bla

You'd be suprised how many dragons appear in supermarkets. I tell you what, if we never had those Raid Leaders working there, we would have no shopping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom