Ouch looks like one of those coppers was punching him in the head to boot

Overzealous

But

Why was he resisting arrest?

Why did he bite an officer?

What did he do?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
He was most likely going for a pressure point. If he was punching him in the head, you'd see some sort of movement of the head.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Police need to get tougher on people like him, these twats don't respect the police anymore because their hands are usually tied up with paper work.

Did they over step the mark, probably but I am sure he will think twice abuot resisting arrest the next tmie.

rynnor

Rockhound
Did they over step the mark, probably but I am sure he will think twice abuot resisting arrest the next tmie.

He was drunk for sure but the case against him for assaulting a policeman was dropped - is it really right to put the boot in on a guy you have just tasered - hes not armed and theres 4 policeman?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice Calaen. Why not give them hob nailed boots as well. I mean, a little hurt is what people deserve eh?

It's not as if the cops won't have used the same tactics on many others eh? Bad luck for getting caught on camera exceeding their powers IMHO...

/sigh

Chilly

Balls of steel
fine by me. drunk **** getting rowdy needs a slap imo.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
No police officer there is booting him in the back or punching him in the head lol.

They are going for pressure points to get him to move how they want him to move - those by the back/neck and legs.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I agree with Calaen, the police need to be able to use force such as this. I don't buy in to this hippy bullshit about the police exceeding their powers - if you break the law you should be prepaired to face the consquences.

A potentially controversial point but the police should be feared & respected imo, it's what this country needs to kick its arse in to shape.

Will

/bin/su
Because cops knocking the crap out of drunks really helps them have a good public image?

rynnor

Rockhound
They are going for pressure points to get him to move how they want him to move - those by the back/neck and legs.

Doesnt look like that to me - you can see the force of the strikes by the guy hitting by the un-identifiable bit that flys out during that section of the vid.

As I see it the blokes pretty non-reactive after the 2nd Tasering - at that point he was not actively resisting yet still treated poorly which is why everyone around reacted to it so badly.

rynnor

Rockhound
I agree with Calaen, the police need to be able to use force such as this. I don't buy in to this hippy bullshit about the police exceeding their powers - if you break the law you should be prepaired to face the consquences.

A potentially controversial point but the police should be feared & respected imo, it's what this country needs to kick its arse in to shape.

What law - he was never taken to court? Next time your pissed in town and get beaten and tasered I hope you'll remember this thread :p

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Because cops knocking the crap out of drunks really helps them have a good public image?

We cant really comment on the circumstances of that video tbh apart from the fact a guy was tasered. Who knows, the drunk could have only moments before run at a copper swinging a brick at his head while he was dealing with someone else?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The officer is quite clearly punching his arm/shoulder to get his hands cuffed, as the suspect was refusing to allow his arms to be put behind his back.

Nothing wrong with those punches, they're a part of wholly approved restraint techniques. Still, maybe he would have preferred a wooden truncheon across the back of the head, eh?

Drunken mouthy twat 0, police doing their job 1.

rynnor

Rockhound
They are the experts on facts not possible heresay and what I've seen/read I support them.

Yes - what could be wrong with a system where the Police investigate themselves :rolleyes:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Really rynnor, you ought to spend just a few seconds educating yourself on the matter before you come out with such claptrap.

rynnor

Rockhound
Really rynnor, you ought to spend just a few seconds educating yourself on the matter before you come out with such claptrap.

They take Police from one force to investigate another - were u unaware of this or something? Take your own advice.

Will

/bin/su
We cant really comment on the circumstances of that video tbh apart from the fact a guy was tasered. Who knows, the drunk could have only moments before run at a copper swinging a brick at his head while he was dealing with someone else?
The Police are professionals. Once the drunk is subdued, they don't have to right to deliver a summary beating to 'teach him a lesson'. Nor should they be tasering someone to make it easier to get the cuffs on him. If four officers are in danger from one drunk they have pinned to the ground and need the taser, they should maybe think about alternative employment.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You think that's a beating?

How would you get his arms behind his back then?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The Police are professionals. Once the drunk is subdued, they don't have to right to deliver a summary beating to 'teach him a lesson'. Nor should they be tasering someone to make it easier to get the cuffs on him. If four officers are in danger from one drunk they have pinned to the ground and need the taser, they should maybe think about alternative employment.

He was biting and resisting but you call it "subdued"? What a laugh.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You think that's a beating?

How would you get his arms behind his back then?

How does punching him in the head get his arms behind his back? Especially after he's been tasered and is probably in muscle shock?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
How does punching him in the head get his arms behind his back? Especially after he's been tasered and is probably in muscle shock?

It's perfectly obvious what happened. You can see the officer trying to get the suspect's arm behind his back. The suspect, however, keeps his fist close to his face, and so the officer repeatedly strikes his shoulder and arm to force him to relax his arm so he can then be cuffed.

Will

/bin/su
He was biting and resisting but you call it "subdued"? What a laugh.
The bite was earlier in the incident (though later in the video) when there were two cops on him. The force was excessive for four officers on a prone man, it was done just to make it easier for them to cuff him. These are men who are supposed to be protectors of the community, and trained in restraining. Not thugs in uniform who can do anything they want to make their lives easier.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes - what could be wrong with a system where the Police investigate themselves :rolleyes:

No instead lets have you and the media do it :kissit:

A lot of you should actually stop commenting as if you are some sort of expert and not just guessing, reading information from the media or rushing off to Wikipedia to check up on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom