is there an way to recover the subs money from GOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
on 22th and 29th of april (or so - i have a bad memory for dates) i renewed both my accounts for 3 months.

given the last incident regarding requiel playing god with the ruleset/coc (check this) i dont really feel like playing anymore, but i also dont want to give'em money for nothing.

so, my question is: is there a way to get back the money for the 2 "unused" months?

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Try ringing your bank and telling them you made a mistake when resubscribing. It may work.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
After some time it shouldn't work, and he knew well the subs money isn't refundable.

Also about the original issue: I realy don't like requiel, no problem with him as a person, but I think GOA as a company is unfair, and GMs have reasons to lie, etc. And I think he doesn't like me, for numerous conflicts because of it, but I never ever seen him abusing GM powers directly, and I am pretty sure he wouldn't do that in case of some farmed characters.

Somehow I feel it funny, that the people who flame others for saying irc / web forums / etc. for designating solo areas, designating / knowing an area for solo fight place is illegal, now say, they haven't know it is illegal. They haven't done it. They haven't flamed anyone for adding in their organized and designated area.

Their flames against both new and old players who left and when contacted about it, named this reason never happened and never contributed to the fall of dyvet and it is adding on nonexistent orgainzed fights in never created solo areas made the people leave.

THe adds left because they added to others, and not because they got rude comments from people in organized fights.

When they kill people who need some stuff for PVE (including quests) they say, killing tem is OK, 1 death is nothing, and it is normal, and who cares for 1 death. Then a 11 pages whine thread where they say: saying it is illegal is ok, but killing... They suddenly care about 1 wipe so much.

Also agressive and arrogant comments towards everyone who doesn't support them. And everyone should respect them, and if they hurt their fun it is nothing, but if the same arrogant morons get 1 wipe? Bloody murder and reason for very long whine thread.

Honestly? If I would be still on dyvet and Requiel would spawn mobs on me I wouldn't be angry. Why? Because 1 wipe isn't much, and it would be a change from the usual stuff, and would be a good surprise event, and some fight.

Looks like some soloers who claim one wipe is nothing realy don't like the wipe. Such dueling rings, and "designated duel areas" should be breaken up, and if the people who organized them leave? Maybe the people who were unhappy on the server because of them will play again.

Corran

Part of the furniture
. Such dueling rings, and "designated duel areas" should be breaken up, and if the people who organized them leave? Maybe the people who were unhappy on the server because of them will play again.

Ah, so then no more Irvr - as that is just a designated duelling zone for large number of people. Dont try argue it true RvR as it isnt. All people do is go from keep to bridge. Fight. Die. Release. Return. No intent of RvR as they dont care about keeps etc, they merely farming RP.

It was the Irvr bridge camping zerging lameness that made me just spend a few hours back in the game before deciding it still wasnt worth playing at the momen and i know it was the same for a lot of others

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
on 22th and 29th of april (or so - i have a bad memory for dates) i renewed both my accounts for 3 months.

given the last incident regarding requiel playing god with the ruleset/coc (check this) i dont really feel like playing anymore, but i also dont want to give'em money for nothing.

so, my question is: is there a way to get back the money for the 2 "unused" months?

firstly, no you cant.
secondly, thats a bit pathetic tbh, too many people GOA-bashing.
thirdly, you paid for it, used it a while, then want a refund ? from next date i presume ? cos if you try to get a bank to refund the whole amount when youve used a portion of it, thats gaining goods by deception - usage of account with no intention of paying for it- and is illegal

elbeek

Part of the furniture
firstly, no you cant.
secondly, thats a bit pathetic tbh, too many people GOA-bashing.
thirdly, you paid for it, used it a while, then want a refund ? from next date i presume ? cos if you try to get a bank to refund the whole amount when youve used a portion of it, thats gaining goods by deception - usage of account with no intention of paying for it- and is illegal

LOL is it fuck.

There is no deception here, he merely wants to recoup money that he, in error, gave to GOA.

If I were you I would go back to law school coz your comments suck.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
It still amazes me that this dueling / no adding / zerg hating thing is only really found on the english speaking servers, the rest take the rough with the smooth and get on playing the game how they like and have fun to boot.

In answer to the title question, you dont buy a pie, eat half then take it back because you couldnt be arsed to eat it all, or buy a car and return it a year later saying its not as good as you thought, would you?* Same for your subs I am sorry to say, you paid for 1 calendar months subscription, in the contract it will state somewhere thats what you paid for and thats what you will get. If you choose not to play anymore, then its tough.

Oh and taking advice like trying to trick your CC company into thinking you renewed by mistake, could potentially lead to a charge called "Obtaining services by deception", as GOA can prove you used your account. And this has been done in the past so dont be fooled into thinking banks are that dumb.

*I know this question will get some dumb answers on here, lets see how dumb they get...

Mabs

LOL is it fuck.

There is no deception here, he merely wants to recoup money that he, in error, gave to GOA.

if your going to post like a tard, feel free, but it makes you look rather.. childish.

He paid them for a service.
he clicked ACCEPT etc.
he now wants a refund, having already availed himself of the service. -IF- he can prove he hasnt logged in toons during that period he might stand a tiny weeny chance. it doesnt matter that you CAN pay monthly. he made a single payment for 3 , he has used a part of it.

thats like saying "i paid for a month, and want 2 weeks refunded". it doesnt matter on the time of it, its a single product payment, and its not 3x month sub, so you cant split it down.

so following that, which you obviously cant, but nm, he will have to explain to the bank WHY he wants it refunded, show them dates, invoice information, proof its a per month transaction. go through all that faff, then show them the print out that says " WE DONT DO REFUNDS EVER" , which btw, he will have accepted when he made the payment.

aint happening

/edit: also what whoodoo said tbh , nerf slow posting

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie

He paid for a service, which GOA have provided, and now he wants a refund back. There was no error, he has been given exactly what he paid for: 3 months play time.

The only way to get refunds on that is to prove that GOA havent provided the service he paid for.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
He paid for a service, which GOA have provided, and now he wants a refund back. There was no error, he has been given exactly what he paid for: 3 months play time.

The only way to get refunds on that is to prove that GOA havent provided the service he paid for.

are u a moron or are you just trying to be ?

he payed for 3 month's he has used 1 , he want's refund for the 2 unused , where in he's post did he write he used all 3 ? now go back to kiddy school.

for the OT:

Maybe but you need to talk to goa , so go through righnow firstly and secondly your bank.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Teslacoil: He hoped for cheaper rates for signing up for 3 months at once. It meant, the subscribtion isn't 92 *1 day, isn't 3 * 1 months, it is for 3 months, which can't be divided to months, weeks, days, hours, or minutes.

From your 1 month period you don't spend the whole time in the game, so you want a refund for the unused secounds?

Mabs

he payed for 3 month's he has used 1 , he want's refund for the 2 unused , where in he's post did he write he used all 3 ? now go back to kiddy school.

for the OT:

Maybe but you need to talk to goa , so go through righnow firstly and secondly your bank.

why is this SO HARD for people to understand

he paid for THREE MONTHS. single unit of. he DID NOT buy three lots of one month. they are different things.

you cannot buy something, use a part of it, then try to get refund.

>IF< he had bought 3 months, seperatly and sequentialy. used part of first one, he might be able to apply to refund the last 2 unused, but the rest of the first is forfeit.

he bought 3 months, used part of it, rest is forfeit

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie

for the OT:

I must be a moron! I mean, it really is hard to understand that he has purchased 3 months of game time, which GOA has provided(1 month actual plus another 2 potential), and therefore isnt not entitled to any refund? If you pay for 3 months, and you are given 3 months of game time, how can you have any right to complain? So he has only used 1 month so far, he can still have another 2 which he is entitled to, but he doesnt own that game time, he cant give it back.

Would you ask the TV licence people for a refund for all the days you didnt watch TV? Same thing.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
yes, indeed i payed for a service. a service that was supposed to take place within a certain ruleset not at requiel's good will.

i will not ask for a full refund. i'm asking them to close my accounts and refund the money for the remaining unused period.

some you may not agree with me regarding this, but i dont really think it was anything prearranged with that "duel circle" nor any crossrealming or rp farming was involved.

heh, rp farming... that really made me lol... how many rps can you farm in a duel circle and how many rps can you farm in irvr??? since i took part in both i can firmly state that irvr is by far superior when it comes about rp income.

requiel never said "we have have solid proofs which clearly demonstrate that those involved in the duels were breaching the CoC". breaching the CoC is usually punished with bans or even permabans yet none of the ones involved in the incident were banned.

also,

nowhere in the CoC is stated that i have to kill any rednametag.
nowhere in the CoC is stated that i cannot watch a fight or wait for the rednametag to recover his health before attacking him or i cannot use friendly emotes like /wave, /bow, /hug having targeted a rednametag.
nowhere in the CoC is stated that i cannot watch how awankle is getting killed by the one he attacked and so on.

yet requiel comes and acts like a freeshard owner making his own ruleset everytime he wants.

some of you may remember gahn's (this time) prearranged solo zones. everyone could join a special forum so they can find the time and location where the duels are taking place. if i remember right, requiel & staff never bothered to disturb those duels with blue con guards even those were clearly prearranged and clearly against the CoC acordingly to what requiel said.

as a side note, on avalon there is a zone set as fg vs fg zone with strict rules by the comunity playing there, yet no german comunity manager dares to spawn guards on them and threaten them with the ban stick

but why i wonder? requiel ruined the fg scene with the tt incident, now is ruining the solo scene too. what's next? irvr maybe? tower farming? bridge farming?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Which tt incident?

You admited you were part of both irvr and duel rings.
The COC is clear about many things.

And about blue con guards: Events and random events are part of the game, and good tools to identify cheaters :) 1 release isn't much, and it doesn't matter if a zerg runs through you, or blue con guards. If it isn't preorganized, you can continue and run for fights. You lose almost nothing, and have no reasons to complain.

People who admited many times before that they were part of organized ring start to whine? Why? If it isn't organized you have to move and port anyway, so you lose nothing. If it was and lose the organized ring with advantages? You broke the rules and now the cheating is stoped and you can be happy, since you haven't got a ban yet.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
some of you may remember gahn's (this time) prearranged solo zones. everyone could join a special forum so they can find the time and location where the duels are taking place. if i remember right, requiel & staff never bothered to disturb those duels with blue con guards even those were clearly prearranged and clearly against the CoC acordingly to what requiel said.

as a side note, on avalon there is a zone set as fg vs fg zone with strict rules by the comunity playing there, yet no german comunity manager dares to spawn guards on them and threaten them with the ban stick.

Running around in a zone looking for solo fights is fine. Setting up an informal solo area to run around and find fights in (such as Gahn's solo zone or the zones on Limors set aside for soloers) is fine. Standing around in a circle with support characters on hand to take turns fighting each other is not fine. Sending abuse at players who don't want to fight according to your rules is also not fine.

We've been over this before now, I don't see why it's so hard to understand.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie

due to rl, over the last 4 days i was on only for 2-3 hours at most. last night, when the incident happened, i wasnt even logged. yet i'm very pissed with what requiel has done.

i find it weird if you consider cheating the following sequence of actions:
log bb
buff up
port to crau.
cross west bridge
spot a rednametag
target him
/bow
start the fight (both opponents are doing everything they can to win the fight)
at the end of the fight one has to /release rebuff (or beg for buffs) etc.

is it also cheating when some fullgroups are roaming a designated area, not attacking other full groups if they are already involved in a fight or if they are recovering from a fight?

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Would you ask the TV licence people for a refund for all the days you didnt watch TV? Same thing.

Actually you can claim back months of a TV license which you did not use, for example students utilise this facility when they return to a home address during the summer (june-october)

Although in the context of this thread, people should be listening to those with a law degree

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
think the issue of grievance is that the rules seems to change to support gm actions, not to dictate them in the first place

ie third party programs must be used

to

when buffbots are rezzing people

to

'appears to be arranged'

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
@ requiel

i accused you twice in this thread for running this game by your own personal ruleset.

i will ask you (again) to tell me where in CoC is stated that:
- i have to kill any rednametag
- i cannot watch a fight
- i cannot wait for the rednametag to recover his health before attacking him
- i cannot use friendly emotes like /wave, /bow, /hug having targeted a rednametag.
- i cannot watch how awankle is getting killed by the one he attacked and so on.

also where in CoC is stated that:
- i cannot stand still anywhere in the gameworld be it at crau, druim ligen or domnann
- i have to roam while looking for a fight (by your definition the tower/bridge farms are forbiden too since it doesnt involve roaming)
- standing in circle is forbiden (btw, can we stand in a square?)

Running around in a zone looking for solo fights is fine. Setting up an informal solo area to run around and find fights in (such as Gahn's solo zone or the zones on Limors set aside for soloers) is fine. Standing around in a circle with support characters on hand to take turns fighting each other is not fine. Sending abuse at players who don't want to fight according to your rules is also not fine.

another thing, i never been in gahn's prearranged zones, but you been there? can anyone that been there can tell if they were roaming an entire zone or if they were confined in a rather small area - similar in size with the crau west - waiting and fighting each other?

i agree with you with only one thing, the abuse part... but you should do your job and warn/ban/whatever only the abusers instead of playing god with everyone there.

enforcing their rules on their servers eh? The cads! what'll they do next!

you really don't get it? if the rules are mythic/goa's official rules then they have to be posted in CoC and/or GOA's site.
i dare requiel to post in CoC/official game website those rules he strongly enforces by spawning guards on peeps fighting/watching fights.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
so glad im not playing this right now :p

Anyhow im sure there is a clause in the CoC that states GoA may do anything to keep things within the spirit of the game. It is in the CoC that organsied duels are not allowed, and yes even /bowing and waiting for them to regen is organising the duel.

In regards to the bank thing, you can only get the full payment back via your bank... they cant go and say to GoA, you fraudulently took £24 but we only need £16 back as hes ok about the first bit not being fraudulent. Its an all or nothing thing to do... and as ive said, you would have to call it fraud, and prove it to the bank. If it goes through and GoA can prove it was legit, bewarned it can royaly fook over your credit score, and the bank will charge you a small fortune for there troubles.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Also GOA can spawn guards just as an event to add to the fun, or to check what is happening. Again: if you don't organize duels, after the fights, if you have to run like you would have anyway: You lose NOTHING. So the guards are fun.
If you would wait for your turn, and stay there for more duels, get support, watch, etc. that is organized dueling and should get crashed. So with guards: If you done nothing wrong, they do no harm, if you do something wrong they stop you. And if people whine and claim they would never do it, when they admit many times they do it regulary, etc. that tells a lot.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH

We've been over this before now, I don't see why it's so hard to understand.

probably cause we are a bunch of anti-social bunch of people , quoted by your own words mister GM.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Anyhow im sure there is a clause in the CoC that states GoA may do anything to keep things within the spirit of the game. It is in the CoC that organsied duels are not allowed, and yes even /bowing and waiting for them to regen is organising the duel.

nope.
there is only a vague reference to "the spirit of the game" in the EULA. that doesnt count as a ingame behaviour rule since it is related to 'User Content'. whatever that means it surely isn't related to ingame rvr behaviour

We reserve the right to remove any User Content at any time if such Content violates the terms of this EULA or if We deem it to be potentially dangerous or contrary to or incompatible with the spirit of the game or if it is manifestly revealed to be contrary to public order, good moral standards or the laws currently in force.

in the CoC there is only this regarding ingame behaviour:

Rules of good conduct
Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game. Harassment of another person, insults or remarks intended to hurt another person will not be tolerated.
Of course, we expect our members to express themselves using correct language. Similarly, racist, xenophobic or revisionist remarks, or remarks displaying intolerance of a religious, ideological, philosophical or similar nature will not be accepted.
"Flooding" (the rapid systematic repetition of one phrase, which interferes with communication between users) is forbidden, as is all abuse of the means of communication that can be accessed on the site.
It is forbidden to pretend to be a volunteer, a Gamemaster or a member of the GOA team.
It is forbidden to indulge in hacking (pirating) activities and to encourage others to indulge in them. It is also forbidden to distribute software enabling such activities to be practised, or viruses and other programs or scripts that may harm other users.
The role of volunteers is to help other players (often sacrificing some of their own playing time in the process). We will react particularly strongly to any persecution of or threats made to volunteers, as we will to any such behaviour directed at GOA and the people working for it.
Players undertake not to make use of any bugs, nor to use any undocumented functions, nor to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify GOA personnel of the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults that they may discover as soon as possible.
GOA accommodates servers in three different languages (English, French and German). You can connect to a server using a foreign language, but if you communicate on the main channels, please use the language of the server.

in case i didnt miss anything from eula/coc, this concludes to what i posted above: requiel is making his own rules and punish/threaten users based on those personal rules which appears not to be enforced by GOA's EULA/CoC which i'm accepting every time i log in the game.

this is not the service i agreed to pay.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
People are putting words into my mouth and I'm not going to get drawn in any further. I would however just like to point to the following threads which I found after a few seconds of searching. This is by no means an exhaustive list but it gives lie to the suggestion that I'm making this up as I go along.

From 2004
From 2006
from later in 2006.

Many of those threads contain posts by the same people who are expressing shock and outrage at this 'new' policy of mine.

Xmi

Fledgling Freddie
LMAO at the guy who wants his money back, accept your in-game slap for cheating, because that is what you were doing (despite all your, and those that also do it, attempts at defending it, which is laughable), or move on and play something else, but more importantly, GET A LIFE!

Tbh the game is better off without your kind and I sincerely hope you and yours stay well clear of Warhammer :twak:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I hate dueling rings as much as anyone, it's a fairly lame way of finding fights. There is a big difference between letting people get on with solo fights without zerging them down with a fg and standing about /beckoning only the people you actually want to fight.

That said, people have stated the only real issue is the abuse associated with them given to the people who don't want to play that way. So why not just zap the people giving abuse and let those who enjoy the playstyle without harming others get on with it. It's not like the people who dislike that playstyle can't just group up with 3 mates and go break it up themselves as long as they don't get abuse from those there for doing so..

It's the typical GOA trying to crack a nut with a sledgehammer approach. You'd of thought they would really of learnt that getting involved in things that the community should be sorting out for itself isn't good for the server. Sort the abuse given by a few people, not splat an entire community because a few kids can't keep their epeen in check! I guess the GM's just need something to do, since they get paid for looking after a server that only contains 23 people and if they arn't looking busy there's a good chance the GOA managment will realise we don't need 1 GM per 3 paying subscribers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom