Is shrooming Poc entrance bug abuse or just plain lame?

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
If I remember correctly they were redoing the entrance to PoC so that you enter and exit at same spot, guess that will solve this problem.
Until then just live with it I guess :p

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
hibs willm just blame population imbalance like they always do and rtry make people feel sorry for them. so they can justify lame ass shroom popping in poc.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Albs dont have insta aoe mezz either so no chance of hitting it at the shrooms as u go in :( . I like PoC , true it aint the best place and god the mobs r unimaginitive as hell, had some good fights in there . But sorry FO idiot hibs posting your "go QQ albs" replys. Shrrom camping load in zone is just a bullshit no skill way for u :wanker: to get your precious rp because u cant do it any other way.

Maybe one day mythic will give albs a turret class, then we can come to youre entry and plant 50000 up your ass too :p

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Albs dont have insta aoe mezz either so no chance of hitting it at the shrooms as u go in :(

Maybe one day mythic will give albs a turret class, then we can come to youre entry and plant 50000 up your ass too :p
Yes, cause using 2 secs to quickcast the 400 radius mez is so much worse than instacast a 150 radius instamez on the same shrooms.

Camping POC entrance is lame no matter how you do it, animists, BDs or necros, doesnt matter which class it is or how its done.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Nomans Land said:
^^ Surprise surprise lol

oh noes, a hiblet having an animist, which deathsin have he not comitted?!!!?!?!?1++1+1+1+!?!?1++1+!oneo!+!+!?+1+!?olololol!?0!+!!?+1

anyway, who goes into poc solo if not for killing zoners?

doubble standards \o/

Chronictank

FH is my second home
its just mythic not looking forward to see the result of their actions as usual

They could simply add a one way slope like in DF, problem solved.

Same people will abuse it till its fixed live with it

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Huntingtons said:
people could still farm them tho ;o
but they would not be killed while porting so would have a fighting chance

<Person x enters POC>
<Person x sees shroomfield>
/gu Could i get some help in POC, someone has set up a shroom field
Runemaster Says: Sure, omw

:) no more shroom field

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hrm at least for albs - next patch get someone who zones quickly ;) zombify them outside and send them in :p

repeat ;)

for mids just send in a warlock :p

or sbs/infs with vanish? does that work on the animist pets? sneak down, kill shroomboy

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
1 anim cant take out a full group of mids/albs unless the mids/albs are royaly stupid.

1 anim can kill 1 or 2 people who port in one after the other so do this PORT IN A GROUP and you kill the anim.

Yes it is lame but as an animist cant get a normal rvr group because all the chanters and elds have taken the caster spots ;)

i have done it once in a while when i need some rps on my bot or some friends need some rps. Its easy and its safe not like the running to the boat dock and being zephered stuns mezzed crit shot and killed every 30 seconds.

So which is more lame people camping the entrance of mid/alb poc or the zephering muppets who pull people off boats and then kill them without any chance of defence ?

i know which one i thinks more lame and its not the poc camping.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Poc camping is for low lives who have no idea how to get rps.

how would u react if there was a fg of warlocks camping entrance insta killing EVERY GRP that zones there?

Yes there would be 2000 whine threads about it.

btw had a fun fight with edaemos (or something) in poc :cheers:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
1 anim cant take out a full group of mids/albs unless the mids/albs are royaly stupid.

1 anim can kill 1 or 2 people who port in one after the other so do this PORT IN A GROUP and you kill the anim.

It doesnt strike you as unfair that one person can take out 2 or 3 in a fullgrp without there beeing *nothing* they can do about it? Nevermind the fact that strong rvr grp setups are not very common in poc - most people go there to exp and will at most have one healer or one shaman or so in a group.
Guess you wont complain about warlocks then.

Awarkle said:
Yes it is lame but as an animist cant get a normal rvr group because all the chanters and elds have taken the caster spots ;)

My warrior cant get rvr goups either - you dont see me camping poc entrances with him.

Awarkle said:
i have done it once in a while when i need some rps on my bot or some friends need some rps. Its easy and its safe not like the running to the boat dock and being zephered stuns mezzed crit shot and killed every 30 seconds.

This game isnt about fecking rp pl for gods sake! If you cant get rp the normal way then dont fecking destroy it for others. Play fair or dont play at all. And yes - zephyr camping docks is also lame. Doesnt give you the right to be lame to others though.

Awarkle said:
So which is more lame people camping the entrance of mid/alb poc or the zephering muppets who pull people off boats and then kill them without any chance of defence ?

i know which one i thinks more lame and its not the poc camping.

Actually if you insist on wanting to compare the two and have one be "more lame" then id definetly say its the poc camping (note that i have no FZ characters, nor have i ever camped a dock or dropoff). Because, even with the lame dockcamping its still easier to avoid that. You can look for stealthers before you get in the boat - if you do that in poc you give the campers at least one autokill as a sacrifice just to know they are there.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Fana said:
text, srry!

Im 100% sure they wont cry when catacombs hits EU with unnerfed warlocks insta killing their animists.

(lets hope they are nerfed or we have midgard seriously overpopulated)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Rulke said:
Like there is no risk to a buffed necro pet vs melee-ers but you still play one?

Gotta love double standards

like a buffed shammy pet or green con Druid pet that takes 8k dmg! So dont see the double standards. PoC Entrance camping is lame plain and simple!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Dukat said:
Seen this happen time and again, PoC camping is kinda bad form, I admit I did it once or twice when NF first came out, but I havent in a long while, mainly becuase it really is poor, theres no challenge in killing someone who cant defend themselves.

Seeing low RR's doing it is one thing, but to see higher RR's doing it (higher as in 5+) is pretty pathetic, cant you guys get rps any other way?

Edit: Also, Shrooming the entrance with 400 shrooms, then watching with a FGh is kinda different from just waiting for a fight when your 1 on 1, the people who do the former must really be a proper kind of sick.

/hug Kalloth =)) I see you kill, but always so far away from me =))

Aussie

Banned
Calo said:
Im 100% sure they wont cry when catacombs hits EU with unnerfed warlocks insta killing their animists.
with midplayers like we have on excal, none is gonna cry about them :m00:

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
i camp poc entrances with my warden Mistify
Mostly get wtfpwnd within secs.. but oh well :D
dont have IP yet.. so TWF2 run away. and heal myself is my "sort off" IP atm :p

But hmm.. The immumity timer is quite long "imo"

I can cast my BT.. speed.. and run away intime mostly (unless theres a long range caster/archer nearby.. but ohwell.. shit happens =]

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Zagg said:
Second time I try to enter PoC and the same lame Animist is there with his friends having shroomed the whole way down the slope...

There is nothing you can do, since the moment your immunity timer wears off you get insta death of shrooms - and yes I could think of things like SoS through or mezz the shrooms - but with a few ppl porting in, the loading takes different amounts of times and so some are dead while others are still porting.

Basically there is no risk involved for the Animist and his crew and that would qualify for bug abuse.. or not?

EDIT: Typo

what's the diference between camping PoC entrance with a fga or a fgm or a fgh? in the moment your immunity timer wears off u get insta death of assisting caster or shrooms or whatever

and when full grps gank soloers whats the risk for the fg members?

Lagman

Fledgling Freddie
Idiots.....

Of course its bug abuse, the person who enters poc loses the time and distance he would normally have to acually defend himself. Buffs are gone and you stand there like jerkwad in a grp of ppl fully buffed mangling their quickbar, speedwarps, traps and more set up for the one who enters. How could this not be bug abuse???

Fair solution: The person who enters poc should have a 15 sec imunity timer and be able to cast/hit or wtf he chooses to do, but he should be immune to anything during that time. Is this not a fair solution??? or does the Poc campers have something else in mind?

:cheers:

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Poc camping, grey ganking, fz'ing of boats should generate and electrical shock from your computer into teh body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom