Is shrooming Poc entrance bug abuse or just plain lame?

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Second time I try to enter PoC and the same lame Animist is there with his friends having shroomed the whole way down the slope...

There is nothing you can do, since the moment your immunity timer wears off you get insta death of shrooms - and yes I could think of things like SoS through or mezz the shrooms - but with a few ppl porting in, the loading takes different amounts of times and so some are dead while others are still porting.

Basically there is no risk involved for the Animist and his crew and that would qualify for bug abuse.. or not?

EDIT: Typo

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
plain lame lol.. but then again.. so is poc campers ~~

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
its kinda lame, but inconnu's make such funny squeeling sounds its alright to shroom up yours :D

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Zagg said:
Basically there is no risk involved for the Animist and his crew and that would qualify for bug abuse.. or not?
Like there is no risk to a buffed necro pet vs melee-ers but you still play one?

Gotta love double standards

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
I can imagine you won;t be having a lot of fun when running into a shroomfield, but like many people have said before... you;re in the frontiers and you;re game. If you don;t want to be killed in pvp-combat xp somewhere else.
Besides, every realm is reaping the rps from groups exping, running toward an exp-spot or returning from one in the frontier. Some you have a chance to stop, others are pretty much unstoppable.

regz

Fledgling Freddie
its v lame, and its the same gimps everytime, donderkopje and figtree :twak:

pls go pl something usefull with your shrooms instead of sitting and watching ppl zone into a dungeon and then killing them without any risk at all :puke:

Robby

Fledgling Freddie
I think this extremely lame

but i also think greyganking is lame, but everytime i see a grey troll hugging me i laugh irl when he gets instakilled by my sword.

I hate people ho give exp deaths
but i give exp death to all bd's i saw in df

ME LOVES DOUBLE STANDARDS

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Theres 3 poc entrances, if one is camped try one of the other two and have fun killing any enemies you find on the way down.

Its relatively easy to sneak to any of the entrances unnoticed.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
Theres 3 poc entrances, if one is camped try one of the other two and have fun killing any enemies you find on the way down.

Its relatively easy to sneak to any of the entrances unnoticed.

hehe thats what i do. managed to get a fgh killed other day lol.. ussually a fgh in one of the poc room. so its a case of sprint>aggro tons of mobs>reach room where hibs camp> drop st .. watch the newb hibs pbae me AND use ae spells ON THE the inc mob zerg . i die. and watch them die an exp death. funny to watch them running in circles hoping there aggro will drop and emoting me whilst they running around :)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Lame fucktards - i dont mind if they camped at the bottom of the slope to give anyone a fair chance but that might be too difficult for them and they might die omgffs!!!

bunch of wankers imo!

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
any kind of loading zone camping is what u call lame, does not necesarilly have to include shrooms init (camlann memories spin into my mind..)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Extremely lame, and bordeline abuse since its forbidden to attack someone from a place where he cant reach you - you could argue that camping a loadzone is the same thing since we all know the people zoning in have zero chanse whatsover to fight back.

GOA should make an amendment to the CoC stating its forbidden to camp a loadzone imo. I have nothing against people ganking in poc, but for the love of God go in a bit and let your enemies prepare to move.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Fana said:
Extremely lame, and bordeline abuse since its forbidden to attack someone from a place where he cant reach you -

He can reach the animists; if he didnt die to the shrooms before.

Could say 'its not allowed for a caster inside a tower to not nuke a tank' for same reasoning.

While its prolly lame its not against the rules; the fact you got little chance to kill em is rather irrelevant; my odds to kill a RR11 zerk as lvl 13 wizard are low too; doesnt make it against the rules.

There's various ways to deal with it; send in a phaseshifting mincer to take aggro of the shrooms initially then nuke em down simply; sneak up on them by entering from the other side, get EM3 and 50% body resists and IP3 if needed etc etc.

Just because its hard to deal with doesnt make it abuse; it might be lame from your PoV (or mine) Im sure the animist who does it is having fun while doing it.

Laalaa

Fledgling Freddie
How does poc mushroom camping differ from guild group high rr peeps attacking some people xping at frontiers, and middle of pull too?

Either way nothing todo with mob agro or with mushroom agro :D. .

So best advice is , not go xp in frontiers if you dont want to get killed while xping, OR xp behind relic walls.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Also would like to point out its relative easy to annoy PoC-animists; just train some nice set of mobs in em; shrooms auto target the mobs (trainer might die too xD) and enjoy the wipe on em too :p

If they zone out then kill em outside unbuffed and no pack of shrooms.

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
sure sounds like fun to me. almost as fun as nailing your dick to a burning building :sex:

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Could say 'its not allowed for a caster inside a tower to not nuke a tank' for same reasoning.

Not quite... since you can easily step away fom the tower, which you can not in PoC. You might even be able to see the caster in the tower, and not get in range.

All of that you can't in the PoC shroomfield. You have no chance of knowing what to expect on the other side and once you port in, you need to walk through the shrooms, as you can't port out, where you port in... (what was Mythic thinking).

Yes, there is ways to deal with it.. but (most) all of them depend a lot on the speed of zoning. So you can maybe send that ML9 mincer ahead, but he might finish loading after you. Or way earlier and he is dead by the time the others are in. And yes you could sneak up from the back, if u went through all of PoC...

I fully expect to be ganked, XP killed and whatever when I level my artis in the frontiers... but usually I have a chance to defend myself, which I don't in this case... and of course I do go somewhere else, once I been insta shroomed... still feels like abuse.

PS: And just to make that clear. I am not there to camp PoC for RP, same as you will never find me in DF to kill XP'ers...

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Seen this happen time and again, PoC camping is kinda bad form, I admit I did it once or twice when NF first came out, but I havent in a long while, mainly becuase it really is poor, theres no challenge in killing someone who cant defend themselves.

Seeing low RR's doing it is one thing, but to see higher RR's doing it (higher as in 5+) is pretty pathetic, cant you guys get rps any other way?

Edit: Also, Shrooming the entrance with 400 shrooms, then watching with a FGh is kinda different from just waiting for a fight when your 1 on 1, the people who do the former must really be a proper kind of sick.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Obs said:
Call the alb zerg LOL

Obs TugaPowah Proud member of Terra Dominus

Doutor - Druid 50
--->Cogumelo - Animist 50<---
Lut - Champion 43
Tugapowah - Eldritch 40
Lusitanuh - Ranger 39
Mentalisto - Mentalist 29

^^ Surprise surprise lol

...Anyway, it is lame yes and some good points have been put across. I think Mythic should make it that you cant actually attack someone untill they are down at the junction (to either leave or go xp) or half way down the entrance corridor.

Ofcouse this gives the fact that people zoning in (Mids/Hibs and Albions) could just stand and wave at each other untill they decide to move out of this 'safe' zone. And also that either side could just sit and wait for lots more people to come in and zerg the people camping out... but then again those people that choose to camp should expect it, and they can just run out the exit if they see to may ppl coming it.

Another solution is to have a 'safe' zone which is like those ports in HoC where there aint an actually loading zone but you step through a portal and come out the other side. This means you could have one for each realm, gives people time to buff before moving. Ofcouse then BBs could be left there etc...

So many different ways this could be solved or just left alone, and its up to Mythic how much its whined about if they leave it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom