Is sabotage an alternative?

S

skile

Tilda has a poll, wheter people approve with the rr5 rule or not. A vast majority stands against this principal.

If this raid on saturday would still keep it's rule about rr5+ for apoc-weapons.

Could sabotage have rightful means in the aspect of destroying the horsemen-encounter. I don't know if it's possible, but is it worth a try?

The upside would be acting behind a majoritys opinion.
The downside would be destroying for the ones whom has worked their way for a couple of hours, and finally being able to face horsemen/apoc.

Discuss...

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by skile
Tilda has a poll, wheter people approve with the rr5 rule or not. A vast majority stands against this principal.

If this raid on saturday would still keep it's rule about rr5+ for apoc-weapons.

Could sabotage have rightful means in the aspect of destroying the horsemen-encounter. I don't know if it's possible, but is it worth a try?

The upside would be acting behind a majoritys opinion.
The downside would be destroying for the ones whom has worked their way for a couple of hours, and finally being able to face horsemen/apoc.

Discuss...

Your the man!
Your so smart!
You probably thought "He, I got kicked from last weeks raid, lets try to really, really fuck everybody over this time!"
Elite dude!
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Zeikerd

I'm not going to comment on this thread. But I do hope Tilda closes this thread soon and bans your and Fagane's ass.

S

skile

How am I relevant in the dicussion. Take a stand to the actual question, and debate. Instead of concentrating on my reasons and motivations.

FYI: What got me going is not the bann of me. It's the bann of a person whom objects, whom presents alternative, whom doesn't break any written rules and still gets banned, whom objects to Falcor making up rules after what suits him. Whom objects to shutting down people with /random 90.

I don't see the I as important, only the opinions I stand for. Or try to, it's a hard struggle :p.

S

skile

Originally posted by old.Zeikerd
I'm not going to comment on this thread. But I do hope Tilda closes this thread soon and bans your and Fagane's ass.

I am not saying people should sabotage. But I want the discussion to be here, and alive. Read my post again, I present a valid downside, which is it would make those 50-80 ppl on the raid pissed and dissappointed.

O

old.Zeikerd

Sabotage is never a rightfull means. And it's not worth a try. Please close this thread.

S

Sibanac

There is no need for sabotage or any off this stuff.
If All the people that voted against the RR5 rule dont show up for the raid then the raid wont have a snow flakes chance in hell to kill appoc
As a result either the RR5 rule will soon be droped or Falcor will stop doing raids (and i am sure sameone else will start doing them)

J

Javai

My preferred option is to opt out of raids I don't like the rules for. Of course this assumes that the rules are clear IN ADVANCE and not changed cos they give outcomes people don't like.

Last time I checked over 200 had replied to poll 60% didn't like the rule so let those 60% vote with their feet and let the 60 people who like the rule kill Apoc......or die trying :)

T

thorwyntf

Um.. you guys are definitely going over the top now.
Do you realise, that those Sidi Raids are not "public events" but private raids and the guy who´s organizing the raid has all rights to do them under whatever rules he wants to? Even if Falcor would claim all drops from Sidi and would only allow 2-h Pallies to attend it would be his choice and his right to do so and you would not have any right to sabotage his raids. You´re acting like you´re making the rules here and as if weekly public Sidi Raids are an certainity which is not true. All you achieve by sabotaging and abusing your "moral rights" is that the future raids will be closed, guild only, elitist raids with the result, that NO drops at all will be available for people in small guilds.
Read the rules, then decide if you can live with them and either come to the raid or stay away.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by thorwyntf
Do you realise, that those Sidi Raids are not "public events" but private raids and the guy who´s organizing the raid has all rights to do them under whatever rules he wants to? Even if Falcor would claim all drops from Sidi and would only allow 2-h Pallies to attend it would be his choice and his right to do so and you would not have any right to sabotage his raids. You´re acting like you´re making the rules here and as if weekly public Sidi Raids are an certainity which is not true. All you achieve by sabotaging and abusing your "moral rights" is that the future raids will be closed, guild only, elitist raids with the result, that NO drops at all will be available for people in small guilds.
Read the rules, then decide if you can live with them and either come to the raid or stay away.

Damn, I hate argueing with people that use logic, so I will just agree with you :)
Skile, and this is about you, cause you posted it...
Regards, Glottis

S

skile

Originally posted by Sibanac
There is no need for sabotage or any off this stuff.
If All the people that voted against the RR5 rule dont show up for the raid then the raid wont have a snow flakes chance in hell to kill appoc
As a result either the RR5 rule will soon be droped or Falcor will stop doing raids (and i am sure sameone else will start doing them)

I agree, that would be the best solution.

S

skile

Sabotage is never a rightfull means. And it's not worth a try. Please close this thread.

Why close the thread? Sabotage can have rightful means, for example, if a underground union of people did material damage on the nazi-germany goverment.

Whats wrong with a dicussion, theres nothing to loose.

D

Draylor

If you - or anyone else - was stupid enough to try something like that theyll find themselves and their guild are suddenly not welcome at future PvE raids. Why invite people along if they cant be trusted not to intentionally spoil it for everyone else.

S

skile

Originally posted by Draylor
If you - or anyone else - was stupid enough to try something like that theyll find themselves and their guild are suddenly not welcome at future PvE raids. Why invite people along if they cant be trusted not to intentionally spoil it for everyone else.

Why would I try it? :p It's a discussion worth having, some might consider it worth it. I don't. And I stand for my word, always.

S

skile

It's Falcors private raid to set up his own rules, I agree. It's my and everyone elses right to object to this rules. It's also a persons right to sabotage this raid, if he/she would feel like it.

So I don't understand how that is relevant.

I, a part from you, don't think you should stand in fear to express yourself just cause you don't know what to come if your comments gets enough support. Either someone else turns up and makes "better" raids or there will be no raid. But the verbal dicussion must go on, and not be shut down by fear.

S

syri

read the post... he's saying does sabotage ever have a place, not let's all go sabotage... :rolleyes:

N

nuitari

Re: Re: Is sabotage an alternative?

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Your the man!
Your so smart!
You probably thought "He, I got kicked from last weeks raid, lets try to really, really fuck everybody over this time!"
Elite dude!
Regards, Glottis

Do you always end up in an endless loop where you repeat your last statement over and over and over and over and over and............

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: Re: Re: Is sabotage an alternative?

Originally posted by nuitari
Do you always end up in an endless loop where you repeat your last statement over and over and over and over and over and............

Yes, I get that tendency when morons like Fagane and Skile are trying to ruin the fun of about hundred players.
Regards, Glottis

G

ghostfeet

ffs glottis can u plz get it in your thick head.... he isnt saying....go sabotage.

T

thorwyntf

It's Falcors private raid to set up his own rules, I agree.

Correct

It's my and everyone elses right to object to this rules.

Correct ofc.

It's also a persons right to sabotage this raid, if he/she would feel like it.

Utter BS!
Nobody has the right to sabotage anything because he doesn´t like it. Who are you to claim the right to sabotage somebody else´s work because you "feel like it"? Does that mean that because you feel like it, it´s also your right to tell Midgard about an upcoming Relic Raid? Following your logic, it is.
Are you a moral instance? Do you have the moral right to punish other people and destroy their work because you don´t like it? I don´t think so.

So I don't understand how that is relevant.

Well.. if you can´t see the relevance, then we might as well stop here. Or wait! Try using the oddly shaped thing that´s mounted between your ears. Might help.

I, a part from you, don't think you should stand in fear to express yourself just cause you don't know what to come if your comments gets enough support. Either someone else turns up and makes "better" raids or there will be no raid. But the verbal dicussion must go on, and not be shut down by fear.

err.. what? who?
Dude, if you would have bothered to read all the threads about Sidi raids and lotto and preclaiming then you would know that I always made my points absolutely clear and hell knows I gave Falcor a hard time more than once. Just the fact that, unlike you, I´m able to agree upon a compromise, accept reality and make use of the magical "common sense (TM)" thingy doesn´t mean that I´m "standing in fear to express myself". What a nonsense.
We´re discussing this crap for weeks now, spread over 10+ different threads, repeating the same arguments over and over. And eventually it stops making sense to always say the same things like a bunch of parrots.

All you want to do with this thread is cause trouble and you should at least have the cheeks to admit it and stop hiding behind your pseudo-philosohical "discussion must go on" exercises.

B

Belomar

Um, Skile, I would hardly consider sabotaging Falcor's Sidi raids to be of the same noble cause as sabotaging Nazi Germany. So stop involving politics in everything you say and try to play the game the way it is intended.

F

Falcor

and stop comparing me to stalin, for starters im brittish, about as far away from comunism as u can get :)

S

skile

Correct

Correct ofc.

Utter BS!
Nobody has the right to sabotage anything because he doesn´t like it. Who are you to claim the right to sabotage somebody else´s work because you "feel like it"? Does that mean that because you feel like it, it´s also your right to tell Midgard about an upcoming Relic Raid? Following your logic, it is.
Are you a moral instance? Do you have the moral right to punish other people and destroy their work because you don´t like it? I don´t think so.

Well.. if you can´t see the relevance, then we might as well stop here. Or wait! Try using the oddly shaped thing that´s mounted between your ears. Might help.

err.. what? who?
Dude, if you would have bothered to read all the threads about Sidi raids and lotto and preclaiming then you would know that I always made my points absolutely clear and hell knows I gave Falcor a hard time more than once. Just the fact that, unlike you, I´m able to agree upon a compromise, accept reality and make use of the magical "common sense (TM)" thingy doesn´t mean that I´m "standing in fear to express myself". What a nonsense.
We´re discussing this crap for weeks now, spread over 10+ different threads, repeating the same arguments over and over. And eventually it stops making sense to always say the same things like a bunch of parrots.

All you want to do with this thread is cause trouble and you should at least have the cheeks to admit it and stop hiding behind your pseudo-philosohical "discussion must go on" exercises.

You must have missunderstood the word "right". By game rules I'm pretty sure of that this person has the "law" behind him when sabotaging. It's his right. But it doesn't mean it's a good thing, which I in this case agree on.

It's intresting you use the word hiding? Hiding for me would be NOT to explain WHY it's not a right theory, and make fun of what I'm trying to say. In this case I see no reason to compromise, the majority stands behind this opinion (the rr5 rule) and I believe others are ready to take over if Falcor stops doing his raids.

But you are right about one thing. I don't like compromising, bending your believes (words, not violence) in order to suit others.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by ghostfeet
ffs glottis can u plz get it in your thick head.... he isnt saying....go sabotage.

He actually is saying that. Similar to what Fagane is planning on doing on Saturday, by starting a small raid before Falcors main raid.

Fagane and Skile will do anything it seems to screw over the people attentending the raid, and to screw over Falcor.
Regards, Glottis

G

ghostfeet

he is saying its anyones right by "law" to do it. he hasnt said he is going to sabotage any raid, neither has he said that ppl should go and sabothage...he wanted ppl to discuss the sabotage issue etc. or maybe ive gotten the whole thing wrong then my bad ;)

O

old.krane

FYI...u sabotaging the raid on purpose.....

U get reported and hopefully banned...

Ruining others ppl fun and enjoyment on purpose is against the CoC...

so i wouldnt consider that an option..

G

ghostfeet

could everyone just plz leave this code of conduct BS...... camping a spot for xp is also against it m8 .... so quit the bs dude....
as for ur signature about the 2h pallys ;) qouting Ilkarn : slam is for girls! ;)

ghostfeet <------ 2h pally

B

Belomar

Originally posted by ghostfeet
could everyone just plz leave this code of conduct BS...... camping a spot for xp is also against it m8 .... so quit the bs dude....
Umm, you spouting gibberish again, Ghostfeet? Seems these forums are filled with people who have yet to read the CoC, but speak of it as if they know it by heart. No, camping a spot for xp is not against the CoC, you fool. However, unlike EverQuest, the DAoC CoC has no concept of "camps" and someone "owning a camp" (due to being there first, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom