Is open beta done?

Answer

Fledgling Freddie
The server went down today, so I logged off and went about doing some stuff.. now I came back and all of the servers are grayed out... Is it done? I thought it was over on the 13th??

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
The server went down today, so I logged off and went about doing some stuff.. now I came back and all of the servers are grayed out... Is it done? I thought it was over on the 13th??

it`s just a patch day that is taking a bit longer than expected.

peo

Fledgling Freddie

Probably yes. I wouldn't expect things to come up at all more. Easier to call it a day for them and weather the storm so to speak.

amtired

Fledgling Freddie
Its just a patch-maintenance that was supposed to take an hour and seems like it will take all night instead.

On the positive side its much better for them to figure out how patching works now than after the real launch.

Open beta might be over, but honestly i dont think they are ready for primetime yet. Oh well.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Its just a patch-maintenance that was supposed to take an hour and seems like it will take all night instead.

On the positive side its much better for them to figure out how patching works now than after the real launch.

Open beta might be over, but honestly i dont think they are ready for primetime yet. Oh well.

Ever since Mythic merged with EA, everyone knew that the game would be delivered in an unfinished state.

Answer

Fledgling Freddie
So let me get this straight-- I finally get a chance to play in this week long beta (haha) after 4 days of trying to register on their faulty system, and then when I get to play for about a day and a half they won't even open the servers for the final day of testing? This is the biggest joke in the history of MMOs. Don't get me wrong, I for the most part had fun playing those limited hours, but I'm going to blow this up and leave negative comments everywhere possible if I don't at least get some sort of closure. Worst.. game experience.. ever, except for DAoC.

rynnor

Rockhound
The mythic side is fine. Bring our GOA friends into it however...

This has nothing to do with GOA but rather a dodgy patch - Mythics servers are affected also.

Everz

FH is my second home
I enjoyed my 2 hrs of gameplay anyways. :lol:

Rambo[DS]

Fledgling Freddie
This has nothing to do with GOA but rather a dodgy patch - Mythics servers are affected also.

i blame GOA anyways, i remember the way they used to patch DAOC servers, 3 month delay from the USA servers...

peo

Fledgling Freddie

Except that the US servers took 2,5h or so we are going on 7 soon, I'd say that is a teeny tiny difference wouldn't you?

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
What is wrong with the US servers? It sounds like to me the patch has already been distributed on the US servers and everything is running fine now. Is there some lag or bugs going on in the US side?

rynnor

Rockhound
Except that the US servers took 2,5h or so we are going on 7 soon, I'd say that is a teeny tiny difference wouldn't you?

You sure? I heard it took em 10 hours to sort in the US.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Nope.

Mythic had at least 3 separate sets of server downtime across all servers to finally get this one working properly, ranging from 2 to more like 6 hours each.

So far they are still ahead on time taken.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
Remember the GoA haters will find any excuse to blame GoA for anything, GoA is the sorce of all evil to them, much like EA is to some, SOE to others, Blizzard to many, Mircosoft...

You get the idea..

peo

Fledgling Freddie
Remember the GoA haters will find any excuse to blame GoA for anything, GoA is the sorce of all evil to them, much like EA is to some, SOE to others, Blizzard to many, Mircosoft...

You get the idea..

Hate... Well you call it what you like.
Personally I call it incompetence and poor service which is the opposite what I pay for.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
You sure? I heard it took em 10 hours to sort in the US.

they don't test these things beforehand then. it has to be so, otherwise I can't explain it :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Personally if it were me working there I'd get it up and running tonight if possible for a few hours of stress testing by beta testers then take it down in the morning. I wouldn't extend the beta period though.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Hate... Well you call it what you like.
Personally I call it incompetence and poor service which is the opposite what I pay for.

Then don't pay and go elsewhere, problem solved. I'll stick with GOA rather than bitching and whinging thanks.

Answer

Fledgling Freddie

You get the idea..

Yeah. Jews will find any excuse to hate a Nazi too.. Or maybe, just perhaps... those people have had experiences in the past that warrant such complaints? Maybe you should just shut up before questioning.

[UKLans]Khan

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah. Jews will find any excuse to hate a Nazi too.. Or maybe, just perhaps... those people have had experiences in the past that warrant such complaints? Maybe you should just shut up before questioning.

Yes what the Nazi's did to the Jews in World War 2 is just like how GOA manage Dark Age and Warhammer...

Get real, they are managing pieces of code, not peoples lives.

Khan

maennj

Fledgling Freddie
Then don't pay and go elsewhere, problem solved. I'll stick with GOA rather than bitching and whinging thanks.

I don't hate GOA and this is my first experience with them, tbh I played many MMORPGs including private servers and free2play games and never seen such bad service. and I thought codemasters are the worst. For me, I'm moving to US servers after launch.

[UKLans]Khan

Fledgling Freddie
I thought OB was due to close tomorrow... maybe they just thought f**k it. Lets close up today :).

Khan

B

Big'un

I don't think it's GOA's fault that the patch has problems. Mythic had similar problems with this patch in NA too.

I do, however, find GOA's lack of communication about the delay very poor, and typical GOA.

Return to DAOC

Fledgling Freddie
Just seems to me if it really does take forever and a day to sort the servers GOA my decide its not worth re-opening them at all. Queted from the WAR webbie:
"In order to provide our Open Beta testers with as much game time as possible before we close the Open Beta servers on Saturday, we have decided not to implement this patch during prime time tonight, but tomorrow morning between 9.oo CET and 10.00 CET. "

So maybe they anticipated a long wait and did us all a favour leaving them up as long as they did.

Just a thought tho its not fact.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
So let me get this straight-- I finally get a chance to play in this week long beta (haha) after 4 days of trying to register on their faulty system, and then when I get to play for about a day and a half they won't even open the servers for the final day of testing? This is the biggest joke in the history of MMOs. Don't get me wrong, I for the most part had fun playing those limited hours, but I'm going to blow this up and leave negative comments everywhere possible if I don't at least get some sort of closure. Worst.. game experience.. ever, except for DAoC.

No mate - the end of OB has not been declared - its just an issue with the patch - the US has the same problems as us at the moment. Be patient - Mystic have to get it right as well as telling GOA what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom