Is MW3 hotfixed now in EU or not?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Couldn't agree more Krissy and it if it was a bug then wtf did it take 18 months to spot and fix? It was ok till small groups started farming epic mobs, simple answer was to give all epic mobs big resists not nerf the way MW worked.

fang

Fledgling Freddie
if it's supposed to give 15% then it's supposed to give 15%.
Not 15.1% or avbove that.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
This has more meaning than many would think. It does lower the amount of rvr casters a lot too, due to the hardness of ML's. (long live Dark Age of Tankalot!). Almost seems like TOA is a caster nerf now. Will be so fun to do ml's in random raids... wait, can't even get to good random raids, have to do them in crap random raids which results months of pve and frustration. As i said before MW needed a nerf, But.. there's another bug that needs a fix too, caster's general performance vs high lvl pve encounters. Getting all spells resisted and being complitely useless is a bug or poor design? i think so. Does mythic give a fuck? i think not.

Wtg mythic, once again :m00:

- sinceraly, your biggest fanboy

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
/em Finger hovering over cancel button if craptastic PVE caster performance isn't addressed pronto!

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
thats easy for you to say that dont have a caster as maintoon :(

I have 3 level 50 toons, 2 of them are casters.

It's very similar to the bug fix that was applied to stealthers about a year ago, the one where they would stay stealthed if they one-shotted someone. Although it directly affected my class, I was glad to see it fixed as it was something that was obviously not supposed to work that way, although some of the more immature stealthers whined like little babies. (NB: not calling you a baby here). Caster's were ecstatic at the time when this happened.

Now the wheel has come full circle.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Smurflord said:
I have 3 level 50 toons, 2 of them are casters.

It's very similar to the bug fix that was applied to stealthers about a year ago, the one where they would stay stealthed if they one-shotted someone. Although it directly affected my class, I was glad to see it fixed as it was something that was obviously not supposed to work that way, although some of the more immature stealthers whined like little babies. (NB: not calling you a baby here). Caster's were ecstatic at the time when this happened.

Now the wheel has come full circle.

I dunno, but somehow I fail to see the connection between casters beeing shite and nothing else but shite in highendPVE and stealthers beeing able to oneshot ppl and remain stealthed. A large part of daoc is just pure crap for casters and we cant do a thing about it, stealthers are still very much playable. And sure you have 2 casters, but was your intention to get to ml10 with them both and not prioritize your infil?

Madae

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf casters in RvR, nerf them in PvE too mythic, good job, overpowered casters pwning all, poor tanks unable to compete vs the unballanced casters :(
/sarcasm off

btw i have a question, why doesn't mythic just remove casters from game and give all who had casters race and class respec ? :p

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
I dunno, but somehow I fail to see the connection between casters beeing shite and nothing else but shite in highendPVE and stealthers beeing able to oneshot ppl and remain stealthed. A large part of daoc is just pure crap for casters and we cant do a thing about it, stealthers are still very much playable. And sure you have 2 casters, but was your intention to get to ml10 with them both and not prioritize your infil?

It's not about the merits of casters and stealthers, or any other class. It's about an ability being fixed to do what it is advertised and supposed to do.

I happen to agree that casters need some serious loving in high end PvE encounters.
As for RvR, go fight a few hib groups and then try telling me casters are crap.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Madae said:
Nerf casters in RvR, nerf them in PvE too mythic, good job, overpowered casters pwning all, poor tanks unable to compete vs the unballanced casters :(
/sarcasm off

btw i have a question, why doesn't mythic just remove casters from game and give all who had casters race and class respec ? :p

umm, casters are quite nice in RVR tbh

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Smurflord said:
It's not about the merits of casters and stealthers, or any other class. It's about an ability being fixed to do what it is advertised and supposed to do.

I happen to agree that casters need some serious loving in high end PvE encounters.

yea I agree on that, if its bugged, then it should be fixed ofc. As I said, it was an unfortunate time to fix it for us in EU since we just get a major PVEexpansion which is gonna be REALLY funny for us casters to play though <thud>.. I know u know what i mean, and we kinda agree aswell. I would rather have seen Mythic fix the real problem instead of fixing something that was the only thing that made us crappy casters viable and making us unviable once again, but they didnt.

Oh and I play a HibRVRgrp so I know what hell we can unleash if we play well.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
rr4l4 for the "new" MW5, and I think 25% chance to hit a high level mob is an awful lot.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Your chance at present is 0%, since the new MW is bugged. :)

lol should have guessed they mess up with this too

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Madae said:
umm, try a wiz compared to chanter, eld, and sm maybe ? :eek:

Any caster assisting on a debuffer is a very lethal character in the hands of a skilled player in my eyes. Im one of few that believe albs actually can do a fully functional fun castergrpa. I really dont wanna make this _another_ discussion about realmbalance etc etc etc tho since im kinda tired of it.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Why was it fixed so suddenly? Because Mythic saw a dangerously fast increase in the farming of epic mobs. The dragon wasn't supposed to be doable in under 20 seconds. It might be fun it might be ROFL WTFPWN! but in the end it ruins the game and the economy. I do agree that mages suck at highend PvE, but this use of MW was not intended and that is why it was fixed.
Mythic can't have every person owning 15 respec stones in their vault because the dragon gets farmed constantly without a sweat.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:

Should read

"As for RvR, go play a mana chanter or a mana eld and try telling me they are crap"

With the exception of some self debuffing and/or pbae spec casters the majority of caster classes (or at least, the majority of caster class specs) are utterly usless to an RvR group unless they have someone debuffing for them.

Could imagine the outcry if melee classes had to have melee resists debuffed by a cloth gimp before they could do any damage....

If the 25% less resists for RR4L4 actually works it will be a worthy investment short term, however having to spend almost ALL points up to RR5 to be merely useful in high-end PvE raids is more than somewhat questionable. Doing so makes a caster even more usless in RvR...

Could imagine the outcry if melee classes had to spend ALL points up to 4L4 just to be able to hit high lvl mobs for 60 seconds!....

/agree completely, dropping Dragon/Legion et al in 1min with a few MW3 casters was obscene and needed fixing... However there is huge disparity between the majority of casters and the majority of melee classes for both high end PvE and regular RvR, and I believe thats the source of all these problems (people willing to spend all points up to RR5 for a PvE RA on casters....) atm.

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:
Why was it fixed so suddenly? Because Mythic saw a dangerously fast increase in the farming of epic mobs. The dragon wasn't supposed to be doable in under 20 seconds. It might be fun it might be ROFL WTFPWN! but in the end it ruins the game and the economy. I do agree that mages suck at highend PvE, but this use of MW was not intended and that is why it was fixed.
Mythic can't have every person owning 15 respec stones in their vault because the dragon gets farmed constantly without a sweat.

The speed or ease with which you can kill the dragon does very little to control the rate at which items or stones enter the economy, the respawn timer manages that.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
If its easy to kill the dragon then hes going to get wiped almost every spawn it will affect the economy ;)

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
As Revz pointed out, the spawn rate of the Mob is what moderates its farmability.

MW was nerfed, and it was a nerf. Think back to the chanter RA (BAoD) Mythic said the discription was wrong, not the RA, so y that different here? Its simple really, this RA made ML's alot easier for many ppl as well as allowing ppl to go though them alot faster than Mythic intended ppl to.

The nerf was nothing to do with famability in any respect, it was on a 30 mins reuse timer, with a 40 point requirment to get the best one (which was very worth it before this "fix"),which means uve got to get to RR5 to get it (513,000rp's) which is hardly easy for normal albs ourside of high RR fotm groups. Now casters are totaly utility for ML's and higher end PvE, Again.

Should of just nerfed the ability when used on certain mobs rather than on everything, would of fixed alot as well as made casters usful in atleast some of the situations they need to play in.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
NetNifty said:
If its easy to kill the dragon then hes going to get wiped almost every spawn it will affect the economy ;)

Its not "easy" to kill the dragon, u need ppl who know what there doing and dont go afk while on /stick to the dragon in combat mode.

MW was uber if used with a debuff caster but its hardly difficult to make the dragon/other higher end mobs imune to debuffs. would mean the damage output is pritty gimp considering melee's can hit the dragon for 30 damage and casters could hit for 1min duration for 40-60 with a 209 delv nuke or 70-100 with a pbae, but the raid will still take over 15 mins even with MW and uve still got to run after around 15-20 secs in to the MW timer becuase the dragon has glared at u or started one of its 2x pbae's which happen during the time normaly used for MW. then u have the power problem which requires someone transfering power to u (which is usless as 1 MW caster dont do enough damage to bother with so u need several which means lots more ppl to bring which defeats the purpose of using MW) or pots which have a combat timer after them, or MoC which requires more realm points which also has combat timer, Or RP, which requires even more points (not sure about combat timer not got it yet).

Aussie

Banned
do the complete hotfix or don't fix it at all.
giving us a half hotfix is bullshit

Vae

Resident Freddy
Goa are only applying the hotfix as it is determined by Mythic. Mythic have decided on adjustments to the hotfix including giving the RPs back immediately so I would expect to see this on Euro servers in a day or so. Doubt it'll go on tm since it appears to need some server downtime and we just know how much the community here will whine if it can't play Toa for a few hours. :rolleyes: :flame:

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1354.shtml

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Another insta-nerf from Mythic without them understanding the real problem.

Like when they tried to stop cabalists/sorcerers PL'ing at the tanglers in Lyonesse... all Mythic had to do was increase the goblin's resist to Matter and Body. But no, they made them harder to kill so all the lv36-43 groups who used to go there abandoned the zone... and buffboted cabalists/sorcerers are still there oO

Casters should have seen this nerf coming, because of the few who abused MW. From a 'roleplay' point of view, it shouldn't be nerfed. You'd expect experienced characters to be able to form an elite group and kill high level mobs. But it doesn't fit in with Mythic's -zerg- vision.

Anyway, the real problem is casters Vs high level mobs. The resist system needs a serious nerf so all casters, and not just utility ones have something to do. Maybe make GTAoE spells an RA on a 5min timer which does reasonable damage. That would work in RvR and PvE.

Jenkz said:
MW needed toning down, I agree, but even in its previous state it did not make tanks obsolete whatsoever, every single MW raid (2x Apoc, multiple dragon) I have been on there have been a substantial number of tanks to initially hold agro and general bashing or add control.

Mid/Pryd was doing raids with mystics and seers only. It's only a matter of time before Albion perfects the raid without tanks... maybe only a paladin to pop FH at the start.

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Mid/Pryd was doing raids with mystics and seers only. It's only a matter of time before Albion perfects the raid without tanks... maybe only a paladin to pop FH at the start.

But erm... isn't it very possible to do raids with no casters, only tanks+healers... maybe a supp RM/earth theurg for bubble bitchery?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
setting epic mobs as "imune to MW" would have been a better fix....

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
from the EU homepage

- The realm ability Majestic Will has been changed today and is now in the same condition as it is on the US servers of Mythic. The bonus given by the realm ability were far above what they should have been. Mythic therefore decided to fix this bug yesterday and we followed this decision since it was already affecting the European servers. The Realm ability Majestic Will is also now on a 10 minutes timer. Other changes will be done in a few days regarding this realm ability

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:

Yea, can't have that! Imagine people actually being able to respec out of lines that Mythic screws over, or being able to try out different stuff on their char without having to farm DF for hours to get enough plat to buy a respec (if they're lucky enough to find anyone that's selling)... I mean the game would just be totally ruined!

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
HEHE TOA is gonna be soooo fun now.. they complained like hell in the US that it was tough and they had the "un-fixed" MW for months....maybe I can still cancel my copie's of TOA...........

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:

Well as long as Mythic run this game as they currently do , we should be able to get respec stones of freaking green con's imho... was hoping it would lower the prices on stones for ALL..but nooooo we cant have that..
We have to run around like ass-hat's for a certain amount of time , because where would the fun be in nerfing peopel if they did not, and they could not sit at Mythic and laugh at peopel :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom