Is it worth coming back one more time?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Well I've been offline for an age and trying other games since I got back online a couple of weeks ago. I uninstalled daoc a while back and don't even have my acc's stuff (name pw etc) but I was looking at the daoc site just the other day and got rather nostalgic. So gimme some input please, as I am not sure whether it's worth the time and effort to retrieve the account info etc and resub. Cheers.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
honestly I HATE re-subbing but games like SW:tor and GW2 just havent held my interest, things like D3 to.

seems to be pretty same as usual from what I can gather so far with daoc, will probably last 1-3 months try something new, then something newer and comback in another years time :p

Everz

FH is my second home
I haven't played in about 3 weeks now and have no desire to. NF is just so bland and repetitive, Caledonia was a nice change of pace and I can't commit myself to playing in NF ever again.

Shame really.

Himse

FH is my second home
No.

Last time I played, the action was horrific.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Last time I played, which was a few months ago, it was terrible. I doubt it has improved since.

You might be able to get a 14 day free return offer though to see for yourself.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Hmm, I think that's pretty much thrown it for me. You guys are right in the new game sense and most of the mmo's these days are f2p so I guess for me it is a case of wait and see. I have been reading the patch notes of the past from when I last played and there's really nothing in them that makes me say, "Hell yeah! Gimme!!" So, I'll keep an eye on it and see what if anything that comes up that would make me play again. If Daoc went f2p I would probably come back right now but we still have the old subscription model and that also puts me off playing the game too...

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Sadly it's not worth it. Especially not when there is a monthly fee (multiplied by the number of bot accs you have) involved.

br1te

Loyal Freddie
i opened my acc again, cv action is pretty sweet, takes you back to the old emain zerg days :p

tried some other games but i always get bored instantly, daoc will always be the best for pvp. time to get rr12, only 5m to go! and ive bruised my spine or smt so staying in being boring and saving money this time of year always good! whats £18 a month? bugger all

Afran

Part of the furniture
Far from what it once was but rather unfortunatley still the best PvP MMORPG out there, I've tried many MMO's since but all become <1 year flops with only WoW holding my attention beyond the innitial 12 months (vanilla to wotlk) so I'd say DAoC is still the MMORPG to play if wanting such content, just certainly has it's off days though the good fights are still very good :)

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
i opened my acc again, cv action is pretty sweet, takes you back to the old emain zerg days :p

tried some other games but i always get bored instantly, daoc will always be the best for pvp. time to get rr12, only 5m to go! and ive bruised my spine or smt so staying in being boring and saving money this time of year always good! whats £18 a month? bugger all
Brite, if you need a duo mate poke me. I might reopen this weekend, got a week off work next week and can pwn !

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Fuck it, looks like I will be making a return at least until Elder Scrolls online arrives. Just maxed lvl on SWTOR and tbh every game I have played as an mmo = fail in pvp. What's wrong with game companies these days? Can they not produce a decent pvp system and environment any more for players to play in? SWTOR pvp was just fail as have the other games - All nice pve fluff but chasing the items in pve to pvp for a poor environment and system just makes me look for control panel and uninstall :/ See ya in a few weeks :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Well, I've been back on a trial acc for the past 4 hours and all I can say is that this game has still got much to offer that others do not. It's still the best Carlsberg mmorpg slogan out there as far as I am concerned, and for newcomers it looks great. Level 20 just easy moding through quests in this time. I will probably hit 50 and rvr a few long before the trial is up. What does concern me is that this game is not pushed as a major mmo as it should be, but then that has always been the case (any one remember what GOA didn't do ring any bells?) Ok, it's old, but that don't make it bad :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The game is fine. It's the player base that is the problem, it is just the dregs left.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
just canned both accounts again - cba playing anymore tbh!

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I've had a months time card for a while and I don't even want to use it :/

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Game is meh, im happy to stomp bad yanks on my skald when its no longer fun i will put it down

- English -

Resident Freddy
Level 50 rvr has been pretty poor for for the last several years. Go anywhere near the main bridges and you will get stealth zerged which apparently is stupidly out of control atm. Have any group fight and you will be added on no questions asked. You just have to adapt, run further away from the aggro points and expect less to kill but not as much chance on getting adds.

Alternativly you can go CV, which imo is alot of fun and what remains left in the game. I have been there on my healer / savage and groups + small men groups do roam, and add as usual, but the population amounts mean you get alot less adds per fight and you often have some really nice fights.

Everz

FH is my second home
It's frustratingly bad at times, that I don't know many people still left and refuse to run with the IRC kiddies means that the game lacks a 'must login factor'.

Past few days I've probably averaged about 30 minutes before logging out of boredom, not too say it's a bad game as such, it just needs a massive overhaul RvR wise to get it interesting again. As currently your screwed unless you fancy zerging it up.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Uthgard is boring and slow paced and the pot buff system blows, my poor rr5 infil spends half her time outta stealth swigging all sorts of potions

Himse

FH is my second home
Uthgard is boring and slow paced and the pot buff system blows, my poor rr5 infil spends half her time outta stealth swigging all sorts of potions

Also, no cure NS! :mad: such a stupid thing to not have.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

It is, its made by cunts that are still living in the past and don't believe in buffbots - same twatbags that probably used to cry at people who used buffbots back in the day :p not our fault they were too fucking slow to catch onto them.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'd say that it is worth coming back. The game still has a lot to offer if you avoid the frontiers. I play bgs and pve a lot and still have a good time

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I feel the DAoC addiction locking it's dead cold grasp around me yet again :S

Porkbelly

Loyal Freddie
Your never play a better game then Daoc so resub and have fun ...

Im playing with loads of old Prydwen/Excalibur players from the past and some funny yanks that have returned to...

Easy making 30-40k for a few hours anight on my stealth chars ...

Hard to solo tho ...

Also making money is so easy now just from doing repeated quests ...

MrBic

Part of the furniture
Your never play a better game then Daoc so resub and have fun ...

Im playing with loads of old Prydwen/Excalibur players from the past and some funny yanks that have returned to...

Easy making 30-40k for a few hours anight on my stealth chars ...

Hard to solo tho ...

Also making money is so easy now just from doing repeated quests ...

you have never solod in your life! well maybe if the others stealthers in your grp ld'd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom