Is it too difficult for new players?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Mr.Brand said:
(The few times I've seen aurulite for sale, it's been 1 gold apiece. The
salvage value is one tenth of that :/ )

On Hibernia/Excal the average is 1.5g a peice and I have seen a few houses selling at 2g a peice, even for an established player like myself it was painful having to spend almost 10p (3 of us playing) on aurulite just to keep us equipped whilst ploughing through the exp instances upto 50. Yes people can quote the old 'supply and demand' mantra but somewhere along the line fairness surely has to come into it but then I guess there always has and always will be people who are more than willing to fleece their fellow man.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
3 days is a figment of your imagintion, using /level 20 and twinking your character it is very doable but you need to look at this through the eyes of a newcomer.

I recently started on a US server at level 1, no money, no guild. If you know where to hunt and what to hunt, know the realm and know your class, you can level at a decent pace, even without a group and twinked gear. If you´re completely new to the game and have to learn how to put stuff on your qb and what those styles are good for, things are different of course, but that´s a learning curve that can´t be influenced by quests or xp bonuses or equipment. For a pure newcomer, this kind of games will always be hard to get into, because few guilds are recruiting lowbies and ther aren´t many people around to group with on Salisbury Plains. But as Raven said, that´s the problem when you´re trying to join an established game a couple years too late. Doesn´t mean Mythic is not supposed to address this problem, but I can´t help but think that all attempts at doing so are merely fighting symptoms, because there is no real cure for that.

My point was actually, that the time span it takes to get a char from 1 to RvR ready (more or less), is approximately the same as it used to be on old times when we started (considering that you know the game). They just accelerated the levelling process and added the time for new, subtly disguised levelling processes aka ML´s, arti levelling etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom