Is it so hard to let mains get xp?

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by elerand
I do think it's a valid spec

Tried it pre-focus craze (actually pre-SI) and loved it, could chain oranges easily, if i had understood half the spells i prolly could have done a lot better :)

J

jaapi

Originally posted by elerand
I do think it's a valid spec, at least for me it's working well, better than when I had full mana, certainly I'm lvling quicker :)
My manachanter was 46 when i rolled an enchantment one just out of curiosity since everyone said it sucks. Manachanter is 47 now and enchantment has been 50 for some time. :)

Did solo all the way to 50 so it can't be a crappy solo character. Also did all 10 tries on lost seed quest on lvl 48, solo... still can't understand why enchantments is a waste. :)

And when pulling a large number of mobs, health proc is just amazing.

W

Wot-do

!

Well sure i guess ppl could make grp as a tank if they really tried, but required alot of effort, and luck getting ppl.
People running around saying its easy should try lvling a tank themself before talking here , and thats without getting ANY kind of help from friends.

People wants as fast/good exp possible, same goes for rvr
people wants as good rps possible. exp/rps > friendship in general im not saying ALL is like that but the majority of the people.

But thats how things is...
Only advice is to try making your own grps, try getting help from friends.

E

evial

Originally posted by jaapi
Please, try one... uses FAR less mana than manachanter. Kills slower but downtime is just so much less it makes up for it.

When you speak from experience, then i might believe you, but obviously you don't.

Im sure a solo enchantment speced enchanter is wery good, but for a grp its not that hot.

E

elerand

Originally posted by evial
Im sure a solo enchantment speced enchanter is wery good, but for a grp its not that hot.

Well you can still run a small grp for PL/XP, everyone still seems to be in pre-nerf mode, I'm planning ahead :)

The idea is to let the heal proc take care of the pet so that you don't need to heal and get aggro. I'm sure you can carry on doing FS grps with more people (requiring more, slightly higher con mobs) but probably not a FG as the benefit starts to fall off, esp if you have tanks to take the aggro instead of the pet and then you might as well PBAOE.

Once enchantments was a laughable spec because it's highly situational, it still is, only with the FS nerf will more start to look at it as a spec (usually those who aren't considering rvr) for farming mobs that aren't obscenely high lvl but want to maximise the pets potential against anything under purple con.

When the patch is in we may well be bumping this portion of the thread!

J

jaapi

Originally posted by evial
Indeed, in a group it's purpose is really giving dmg add and crowd control by taking aggro from adds until your group is finished with other mobs.
Now that i have mana at level 31 i'm almost as goos as manachanters in focuspulling though, with benefits from enchantments line, just takes a bit longer to kill but almost no downtime at all.

Just can't believe that someone says it's a horrible solo character when it's the fastest one in Hibernia. :)

J

jaapi

Just an interesting addition here:

Last night i had 2 duels with lvl 50 Blademaster, both unbuffed and just against the pet. No focus shield, no healing.

Score was 1-1 and he won the first one only due to lifetap procs in his weapons. :)

Users who are viewing this thread