Is it possible to solo

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
guess you can, just need to pick the rights spots ( brynja is not an excellent place for soloing you dummies! ). Managed to solo some with my warrior roaming abit around in albion.

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
Mirari said:
Good to hear that theres more cave shamans than me trying to solo out there, shamans are underestimated solo imo :cheers:

Your Damn right there annoying things when i am playing my merc.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Mirari said:
Good to hear that theres more cave shamans than me trying to solo out there, shamans are underestimated solo imo :cheers:

Yea, was soloing with my pally out near beno, saw shamoth, thought it wouldnt be too bad :( oh the pain

A fair few solo'ers to be found if you look in the right places, I stood on DC bridge once, managed to gank a vamp before I got ran over by a fgh. :)

Exarkun

Fledgling Freddie
i think if you avoid the major portal keep bridges you should be ok.
watch for towers under siege and intercept solo/duo incoming players.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
haoth said:
Is it possible to solo these days ? with a bb and a ok template ofc

how is havinga buffbot going solo ?

you duo'ing, just not grpd.

if you want to solo but don't want to loose b00fs, go with shammie, Friar, Warden and now you can go Vamp , Vlak or heretic too =).

I myself prefer solo'ing if i can help it. I don't use a BB, i find it more fun to use the class and it's abilitys rather than rely on a 2nd account just so i can wtfpwn ...

another plus side is if you do kill someone who is b00fed you just have a really big smile on your face till you get zerged ;P

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
You are a friar and got bases + selfbuffs so you aren't in same situation as a class without any buffs. It's pointless going out unbuffed I found out after a long time trying , you can do your best , use all your abilities right and play smart but you will still loose vs a buffed player who knows what he is doing , which kinda sucks. He will have higher weaponskill , more defence , more hp , hit harder - long list.

if you want to solo but don't want to loose b00fs, go with shammie, Friar, Warden and now you can go Vamp , Vlak or heretic too =).

diddn't quite get what you trying to say here, what is that valk doing there ? ;P

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda agree with you gamblor, but sadly, a bb account is not required to wtfpwn, its required to survive vs everyone else having a bb (or having a friend with a bb). :(

Take stealthers for example, I don't think they can survive without one anymore since everyone else has one, and my thane is at a great disadvantage since he is supposed to have the upper hand in 1v1 because of his s/c, but since everyone has s/c d/q str con dex and either haste or specc af, he rarely has a chance being low rr and all.

Vamp and enhancespecc Heretic would be the exception i guess.

I don't see how you can count Valkyries as one of the classes who doesnt need a bb tho :)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Classes such as Thanes, Champs etc all got self-buffs as part of their overall balancing. Now their balance is screwed cause everyone has full buffs.

The buffs from self-buff classes should stack with spec buffs imo to bring that balance back. Either that or revisit those classes and give them something else.

I also cannot workout why classes such as Valewalkers and Heretics are given buffs such as damage shields, offensive/defensive procs as part of their overall balance...yet these don't stack with arti abilities that anyone can get, thus screwing the balance of those classes.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Shafu said:
Hehe, ye, I have to lure people far away so they cant run for safety during the three and a half minutes it usually takes me to kill someone :D

lol aye stay away from isolationists plz :D

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I also cannot workout why classes such as Valewalkers and Heretics are given buffs such as damage shields, offensive/defensive procs as part of their overall balance...yet these don't stack with arti abilities that anyone can get, thus screwing the balance of those classes.

VW TL stated that mythic regarded such stacking as overpowering.

I think the real reason is slightly different. Remember the XXX has too many effects bug that savages used to take advantage of? That shows that the number of effects on any character is limited, they probably don't want stacking buffes for that reason. Also I'd be willing to bet that the game is hard coded to only allow one offensive/defensive proc buff and it would be entirely too much effort to fix it for 3-4 classes.

As far as VWs goes, I don't care about that - but I do care that VWs can't acivate the best artifacts namely: malice/battler

Lethul

FH is my second home
i find it funny to solo with merc tbh, much funnier than theurg/sorc etc

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Soloing is good, duo is better ;)

Trying to solo without stealth tho is quite frustrating.

btw Kagato, thanks for the fight dude, really nice!

Thought you were a silly shade or ranger at first being brave, didn't notice you only had one knife, i'd of gone full out earlier on if I realised.

Interesting first fight against a vamp.

Back on topic i'd really like to see more non-stealth melee classes soloing like the old odins days, fighting the same old stealth zergs every day gets tiresome. The fights are either to easy or unwinnable zergs.

majik

Banned
haoth said:
Is it possible to solo these days ? with a bb and a ok template ofc

Add - yes
Zerg - yes
Be added on - yes
Be zerged - yes
Solo fairly and respectfully - yes
Have other people respect you solo - no

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
solo fights

quote:

Back on topic i'd really like to see more non-stealth melee classes soloing like the old odins days, fighting the same old stealth zergs every day gets tiresome. The fights are either to easy or unwinnable zergs.

I like solo fights, hopefully we can find more placees to have solo fights (with mythcis help?), especially soon when PoC becomes harder to solo in.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Doubt it, mythic only cares about epic zerg fights they can show of in screenshots for pomotional material or we'd have a soloer BG by now. This much is quite obvious from ToA with most RA's or Artis having effects that effect ALL friendly people in the area rather then just those in your group. Its all geared towards zergs.

But solo unstealthed is still possible, specially with hastners etc but you do have to be cautious on where you travel and know your enemies.

Have to admit though HW is becoming alot less solo friendly now, i've started hunting emain more instead, funny how things change huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom