Is it possible to solo

haoth

Fledgling Freddie
Is it possible to solo these days ? with a bb and a ok template ofc

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Looking at your signature, I asume you want to go solo with your minstrel.
I dare not to go into RvR solo with my minstrel anymore. Mainly because I have a crappy template and I cba to fix it. I've met some successful solo minstrels on prydwen on my SB once in a while, so it can be done I guess. :p

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
stealther, bd, warlock and any kind of mocLT caster. others are kind of hopeless, mabeh hib casters thx2stun, dunno

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i almost exclusively solo. nightshade/chanter/ and occasionally druid.....but im fooked up like that.

solo'd wifes eld too..was fun. long as yer buffed.

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
no its not possible 2 solo anymore well not on my theurg atleast. i either get shit loads of alb adds or im numbered like 99% of the time :m00:

Push

Fledgling Freddie
skalds can..

but shitty zerg starts after 17:00 :)

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
I solo with my cave shammy atm. Biggest problem is finding other soloers and avoiding full groups at the same time. There are not that many soloers around, many of my kills are exp'ers and people going to PoC.

As for soloing with a mincer, FZ pretty much makes all the difference. Hate that fubar ability! :p

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
skald, dark RM, dark SM, zerker worked fine for soloing this far. your reaver should work decently well with an ok template too, mostly due to slam & op rearstyle.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Supp rm > any other specc for soloing with darkcarver as followup :p

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Its can be hard with some classes, but it just takes some effort and experience :) Knowing where to go and not getting frutstrated after u get run over sometimes (or alot :p ) is important....

GL ;)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
yes, what Frozen said =) And you need to play at a bit odd hours to be safer =)

Marc

FH is my second home
Depends if grimster is out, with 4 other stealthers hanging out of his shitter

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
I used to get loads of 1v1 or 1v2 on my minstrel before he got retired. Mind you i never played him from 17 gmt forwards due to stealthzergs and to many fgs roaming(i wasnt stealth specced).

Currently i play merc solo and find it quite hard due to low rr(no purge or ip etc). Also rvr is fairly dead unless its at the obvious bridge or tower/keep.
At primetime around towers/keeps i play wizard with DI3 bot behind me.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
soloing is quite odd atm but for some classes (ofc) but duo-trio etc is quite fun and more than viable, ur most likely gonna get zerged and die lots but u always take a few with u and hardly any downtime betwen runs :D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Soloing is possible so long as you have a good class for it like armsmen sorc, warlock, sm or cowa... erm, stealthers. :D

(yes im joking).

Kais

Banned
Kagato said:
Soloing is possible so long as you have a good class for it like armsmen sorc, warlock, sm or cowa... erm, stealthers. :D

(yes im joking).

nerf snapshot :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
The moment you start fighting the same old usual suspects turn up, thats the main problem at the moment.

but we all know daoc is swings and roundabouts you get lots of bad times but the good times make it all worthwhile...

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
Shafu said:
I solo with my cave shammy atm. Biggest problem is finding other soloers and avoiding full groups at the same time. There are not that many soloers around, many of my kills are exp'ers and people going to PoC.

As for soloing with a mincer, FZ pretty much makes all the difference. Hate that fubar ability! :p

Always get bored trying to catch your kiting ass and end up going PoC instead :p

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
solo / duo is good fun, aslong as u dont run into FG's / zerg's, meaning stay away from brynja bridge where there is shit load's of warlock's / stealther's
but ofc if u play ya mincer and have a BB + a decent template u should be able to take a few peeps out, or u could do as grimster = find shit load's of stealther's and zerg with em...

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
censi said:
The moment you start fighting the same old usual suspects turn up, thats the main problem at the moment.

haha yeh :p

first runs as vamp i was still getting attacked by solo stealthers (mostly scouts) every now and then, but nowadays they just wait till am fighting something else xD

keeps giving me good reason to sl them when running in grp :D

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
As a cowa... stealther (joking :)), it´s perfectly possible to solo as long as you´re not expecting a 100% clear 1v1 fight ratio and as long as you can stand being occasionally shred to pieces in like 0,5 seconds by some dodgy casters with funny icons spinning around their heads. :)

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
As a cowa... stealther (joking :)), it´s perfectly possible to solo as long as you´re not expecting a 100% clear 1v1 fight ratio

Oh? tell me where? cause each time i fight someone it just says "pop" "pop" "pop" "pop" "pop" and about 5 other stealthers charge and kills me (mostly mids)

so imo, if you are gonna go out with your minstrel atleast have 2 infs with you to stand a chance vs. those idiotic sbs.

(i just cant understand why 5 rr6+ is needed to kill my rr5 inf)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Soloing is good, duo is better ;)

Trying to solo without stealth tho is quite frustrating.

btw Kagato, thanks for the fight dude, really nice!

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
Always solo with my scout being buffed helps you win some you lose some you get zerged and you get adds it's all fun, only really play wiz and sorc in guild groups.

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Generation said:
Always get bored trying to catch your kiting ass and end up going PoC instead :p

Hehe, ye, I have to lure people far away so they cant run for safety during the three and a half minutes it usually takes me to kill someone :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shafu said:
Hehe, ye, I have to lure people far away so they cant run for safety during the three and a half minutes it usually takes me to kill someone :D

First time I met the kiting shammie of doom I was thinking "hrm wish I had snapshot or some end pots"

Got end pots now but only seen ye once and there was a fg hibs coming from the other bridge at the time :(

One of these days.

(mental note don't use slash arrows on chain :p silly crossbowfish)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
>Trying to solo without stealth tho is quite frustrating.

If I can do it in a VW, I'm sure the rest of you with non-gimp classes can too!

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Shafu said:
I solo with my cave shammy atm.

Good to hear that theres more cave shamans than me trying to solo out there, shamans are underestimated solo imo :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom