Is is a exploit?

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorcs putting pits on the walls from outside a keep. Seems to me that this is happening almost every keep fight now and making walls a no go zone. I report but would like a yes/no it is a exploit.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean they can cast a ground target spell up onto the battlements?

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
That's been there since beta and it still hasn't been fixed?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
bw's do same, so quit the moaning. It's annoying but easy to escape from. Of more annoyance are the turrets and flamers that fire through walls and floors.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
bw's do same, so quit the moaning. It's annoying but easy to escape from. Of more annoyance are the turrets and flamers that fire through walls and floors.

OK, BW's do it also. But that wasnt my question. Is it a exploit? Or maybe something you are just planning to exploit with your sorc perhaps?

I'm getting shroom flashbacks here;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If I can see a ground target then I can cast there, it isn't an exploit to cast somewhere you have line of sight too. There was an issue with casting onto walls before but they fixed it that so you can only cast onto a horizontal plane now.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
If I can see a ground target then I can cast there, it isn't an exploit to cast somewhere you have line of sight too. There was an issue with casting onto walls before but they fixed it that so you can only cast onto a horizontal plane now.

How do you get LOS onto battlement from ground level?

Goku

One of Freddy's beloved
Pit of Shades wraps round objects, so if it's casted at the top vertical part of a wall, it also reaches the horizontal part.

Hope that made sense.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
I assume they find a way to pull the camera right back?

That dosnt work, atleast not in t4 keeps Roo, the way i think most do it is by targetting either the wall behind or right under the lip that way the pit of shades appear ontop of the battlements. i never seem to manage so i dont bother. :p

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
While we're at it - Using pets to attack oil.

Pets are somehow mystically able to get through the gate and attack the oil position (or anyone else on the ramparts for that matter) but in the case of attacking the oil, the pet's not actually by the oil - It's still down by the gate, so you can't attack it. The oil doesn't seem to hit it either.

This is probably part of the pet pathing thing they've been working on to resolve, but in the mean time, is making advantageous use of this borked mechanic considered an exploit?

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I havnt played a pet class in war but i guess its the same as DAoC. Summon a pet, put on defence, then walk into the oil and let it damage you. In DAoC that would cause the pet to take off.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I can sit my long range pet beside the wall outside a keep and it will hit pretty much anything in range regardless of line of sight. I wouldn't get too worried about the damage, its pretty low.

You'd need a hundred Magi popping their little pink freaks out in public and I think you can be arrested for that.

I still think Magus pets should obey line of sight rules but be able to move within their summoning circle so that they have a fighting chance to be able to target someone if we are anywhere other than a flat battlefield with no objects on it. In all the MMO's I've played its the least impressive of all the pets - its just a shoddy glorified turret, its not a pet. Low damage, can't move, doesn't do anything 'interesting'. Its practically fluff.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
That dosnt work, atleast not in t4 keeps Roo, the way i think most do it is by targetting either the wall behind or right under the lip that way the pit of shades appear ontop of the battlements. i never seem to manage so i dont bother. :p

So in short its a exploit? Not something you can accomplish by accident. You have to struggle to find a sweet spot.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
While we're at it - Using pets to attack oil.

Pets are somehow mystically able to get through the gate and attack the oil position (or anyone else on the ramparts for that matter) but in the case of attacking the oil, the pet's not actually by the oil - It's still down by the gate, so you can't attack it. The oil doesn't seem to hit it either.

This is probably part of the pet pathing thing they've been working on to resolve, but in the mean time, is making advantageous use of this borked mechanic considered an exploit?

Theu pets come in mind here. They also had the 'mythical' ability to enter towers

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
The biggest suck is when you using a repeater on the battlements and suddenly a Horned squig stands next to you and hammers you off the ramparts and onto the floor.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Camera zoom all the way back, only works in certain spots at certain keeps.

I didn't think changing camera angle actually changed your characters LOS for the purposes of targetting, but maybe I'm wrong.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
It does. By careful positioning of my camera angle I can ground target rams from battlements and cause mayhem.

Then again, Magus is supposed to be a defensive caster.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Its pretty much what people have already said if you can see the target on your screen you can cast gtaoe there, is it supposed to be like that? I don't know, is it an exploit? no idea, will we ever get clarification or a fix if its broken? doubtful.

Pets as said are annoying at keeps too, you would think by now mythic would have a bit of knowledge on stuff like this from daoc but nope similar problems still persist it baffles me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom