[IS] Insomniacs Public Announcement

G

here we go again....

Afty, please tell me exactly what Dodgy and i's relationship has got to do with anyone online, what he did, who he called etc has nothing to do with me due to the fact i was living in a different country at the time, as for your comment about dodgy's job, he has a good job, that's why he has a 70 grand house in a nice area and a new peugeot executive edition, now hmmm where do you live and what car do you drive?
Afty i don't have much of a problem with you personally, except offline you came into my home, spoke to me like crap, and generally offended myself and my sister, as i've just found out, you have the same charming personality online, ahh well there's no helping some people is there?
Now can we stop this piece of crap now and chill out?

O

old.Afty

Re: here we go again....

Originally posted by icemaiden
Afty, please tell me exactly what Dodgy and i's relationship has got to do with anyone online

It's indicative of his character. I wasn't mentioning your relationship, I was talking about how he blatantly and inexcusably lied to his friends about very serious issues. To this day I have no idea why he started boasting about being married, and never actually bothered to tell me he wasn't. Maybe for sympathy? gifts? stag night after the fact? Who knows, and frankly, who cares? Lies are lies.

as for your comment about dodgy's job, he has a good job, that's why he has a 70 grand house in a nice area and a new peugeot executive edition, now hmmm where do you live and what car do you drive?

Don't make me laugh. He has a '70 grand house' - sure, it may be worth 70 grand, but has he paid 70 grand of it, or even a significant fraction of that? As for a good job, I hope he has one, as he spent all his time while I knew him working in jobs like the one at Scan, and 'training schemes' where he received < £100/week and seemed forever to be waiting for the job of his dreams, that they were going to sort him out with when he passed. During that time he owned a decent car, purchased a house, installed and ran ISDN back when it was expensive, and all off that wage? I really did not want to bring these matters up, so I won't go into them further.
Well icemaiden, it appears obvious here that you are one of those enlightened people that judge others based on their wealth or possessions, I would never have guessed.
Incidentally my point about Gareths car was *not* intended to relate to the state of his finances, but instead to show that he is not insolvent, and therefore stole Dougles CDs and Sinjins modem with no intention of ever returning them. He has the means to return the possessions he has taken, so can you justify him not doing so?

For your information I live in a nice, large (3 bedroom) flat in a large Victorian house in Heaton Mersey (Cheshire), I believe it's worth somewhere in the region of £120,000. Currently I'm renting, but as the landlady is thinking of placing it on the market I may purchase it soon and then let the rooms to the people who currently share it with me. I drive a Volkswagen Polo - and the only reasons I don't own an Audi A3 are 1] I'm trying to save to build a lump sum for a mortgage, and 2] My last company screwed me for a few bob shy of 5 thousand pounds, just before Xmas. Oh, and I built up significant student debts.
It's worth me pointing out that the car, place I have, savings, computer and connection etc. are all payed by money that I earned.

Afty ... you came into my home, spoke to me like crap, and generally offended myself and my sister

Hmm, as far as I can remember I've met you once, at Gareths birthday party. I 'offended' you and your sister? Crikey, not bad going for one night eh, when everyone else was quite sociable and happy to talk to me. As I remember the night you sat around sulking for an hour or so, failing to crack a smile or play hostess, annoyed Gareth (he was whinging about it while drunk later that night) and then dissapeared upstairs.
Also, it might help if you reminded me of whom your sister was : As I met a girl from Liverpool, and a local girl who was apparently a friend, but I can't recall ever meeting your sister. Maybe I offended her so badly she hid from me all night?

Now can we stop this piece of crap now and chill out?

I agree about the chilling out bit, but I have no intention of perpetuating lies or even 'shutting up' when something needs to be said. The vast majority of people I know get along fine with me, there are a few though who don't and those people will either have to like it or lump it. You m'dear will just have to lump it.

[Edited by Afty on 25-04-01 at 10:53]

O

old.D0dgy

Okay ive had enough of all this, i told sinjin he couldnt have the modem back untill i got my rjs so therefore i didnt break any word at all, and as for saying i dont treate my m8s right well why not try and ask Danny how much of a m8 ive been to him unlike some of u guys.

As for me having a shit job well no i dont, but to be honist it doesnt matter if i do or dont as its none of ur business and a job alone does not indicate someones character. Now this is the last im going to say on here and u can all call me down as much as u all like u all seem to enjoy it.

Ive had some good m8s in the tribes comunity and im sure I still have a couple left after ur attacks.

Please dont insult Jen or talk about my personal life on here any more, I ask u this in good nature. Even if u belive im that bad a person try and grow up and be above it all and learn some FUCKING respect yourselfs.

D0dgy

Im sorry for not defending myself to the full exstent but this really does upset me and i havent got it left in me to care.

O

old.garland

all i can say is FS delete this thread

and sinjin has never cheated and i think i know HUH

G

Re: Re: here we go again....

As I remember the night you sat around sulking for an hour or so, failing to crack a smile or play hostess, annoyed Gareth (he was whinging about it while drunk later that night) and then dissapeared upstairs.

Hmmm ok not that this has anything to do with anything, perhaps i just don't like being made out to be something i'm not, for your information afty pet the reason i was in a mood was due to the fact you and a few other people turned up with some girls who tbh were an absolute disgrace, who came onto every man in the house including dodgy, failing to play hostess, well er i didn't live there at the time, so that may be why, and disappeared upstairs..could that be due to the fact i was 5 months pregnant and exhausted?
now this is all getting a tad on the personal side, and i'm sure people really don't want to read this crap, all i wanted to do was defend a mate who was being treated unfairly, and somehow have ended up in a slanging match, this isn't doing any good for anyone, infact it's probably making things 100 times worse, please ffs can we quit it?

O

old.mister vagga

this is fit for an austrailian soap opera!

so who is having who's baby :)

O

old.Silv

jesus.. let it rest

look, after a few posts down the novelty kinda faded...
C'mon peeps, must this be turned into a slanging match for all and sundry?? Have some respect for each other as it just looks to the rest of the forum users that you lot need to go chill a tad a little.
Look the initial thread was to do between the IS members and Dodgy, leave it to them to sort out.
As for the CD thing, this too is between Dougle and Dodgy.. personally i'd hire a hitman and have him kneecapped, but thats just me :)

Silv has spoken... let it be written... let it be done

O

old.Carl1ng

Shit this is better than Eastenders :)
Come on ppl shake hands and go your separate ways :)

Chill pill time

O

old.japester

Re: Re: Re: here we go again....

for your information afty pet the reason i was in a mood was due to the fact you and a few other people turned up with some girls who tbh were an absolute disgrace, who came onto every man in the house including dodgy

*Sob* Nearly every man *Sob*

Thanks fer reminding me Jen ;P

O

old.sinjin

okay ppl enuff is enuff. if ppl want to carry on putting dodgy down then there is nothing i can do about it. the original thread was to announce our new name. it has got personal. i didnt mean it to go this way. peoples feelings have been bottled up for some time now and i guess it has been a time bomb waiting to go off. maybe i should become a soap script writer? ne way i think we got the idea. if ne one out there has got a problem with him i suggest you talk to him direct, if not then carry on but i am washing my hands of it. nuff said.
did someone mention pills? i got some blinding doves! j/k :)

O

old.Afty

ROFLMAO Japes

my lips are sealed (some might say 'at last'... :p )

O

old.Shinara

Its Sad

This post did start off as a comment on a name change, the reason is known and as a member of EMS i decided to say that i did not agree with what Dodgy has done. I also made a small comment that there is always more than one one side to a story and Dodgy could explain or not. HOW did this become the forum that it has?????????????? I hardly ever post to these forums and reading all the garbage from everyone (whether any of it is true or not now seems beside the point....what was the point of this thread again??)it reminds me why i don't. It saddens me that ppl feel the need to air so much spite and hate in public forums...surely the point of a tribes forum is to discuss tribes??? which is what this post was about before it got hijacked by other ppl with some sort of axe to grind (justified or not) I don't see that this is the place for that sort of post (yes i know this is a public forum...but it is a tribes forum). I would be nice to see ppl keep there personal dislike, remain personal!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ppl be happy :D life's too short :cool:

Look forward to seeing ppl on-line
{EMS}Shinara

O

old.[IS]Hawk

FFS

Right, i have read all of this and sure i agree with some of the things which have been said about dodgy. But i do have to say that it has gone too Far. I'm not his biggest fan but ppl don't need to go this far. As he has said he will disbanden the tribe, good. i wait to see, which i mostlikely will when i am at home.

But please no more!!!

Hawk

O

old.ximus

i personally think this has gone way to far.The initial point was about the IS tag which is fair enough. Now i only know a few ppl that have written stuff up here and i think that personnal issues should be either kept quiet or discussed between those involved not pasted across a public forum.Now there are just ppl bickering <-- don't think thats spelt right, about other things and not the issue that was the main reason for this.The way i see it dodgy has said he will give the tag back( i hope he does :) )and now this should be the end of it.
THNX

O

old.Scum Person

Originally posted by Carl1ng
Shit this is better than Eastenders :)
Come on ppl shake hands and go your separate ways :)

Chill pill time

are you kidding, this has been going on for years !
:)

O

old.Ego

And people ask me why I never want to go to a LAN.

I rest my case!

O

old.Gaderath

Ego, I never saw any of this shit at any of the 3 I-series lans I went to, frankly I am glad they have all been really enjoyable experiences for me and I look forward to many more. Although I am SERIOUSLY considering hiring a trannie so I can bring a bed with me to the next one....sleeping on floors is NOT good for my back.

Frankly I don't care about any of this shit, Dodgy has always be canny with me, and he created the most entertainment ever had at a lan party...namely i3 and the creation was DODGYHENGE. Stonehenge with no bases. I've never had so much fun before or since playing a tribes game, the peak of it all was the poor guy trying to do a News report with his camera crew with us lot swearing and yelling and swearing even more and laffing our tits off and cursing eachother to hell and back...the poor chap just game up and his cameraman was in laffing so hard it was funny in itself...so much for proffesionalism(sp?) :p

These are the memories of Lan parties. Not only is there the pure comedy value involded, but getting to meet people in the flesh is a whole experience in itself. At i6 I had the great pleasure of meeting BigBunny. I have always respected Bunny for his work with scripting and getting to meet him was great. I also go to talk to Waylander who is a really kewl bloke to talk to, as is RuWank. I got to meet up with Chadman at all 3 parties as I did all the other Warriors in attendance. And who could forget the "Experience" of meeting Xtro ? Believe me you will never forget meeting him, no matter how hard you try. Just kidding m8.

I would recommend that you try one of the events just once, you never know you might actually enjoy it :)

Gaddy.

O

old.Shinara

I have to agree with Gaderath, I am (ahem, cough) 35 and attended my first lan event (i7). It was good to meet ppl that you (see) everyday online. I pesonally didn't see any crap going on at i7 and everyone seemed to have a good time.
Some one might like to set up a pizza shop before i8 as i never went outside once without seeing another delivery of Pizzas turning up :)
As a complete newbie to lan events i can recommend them anyone thinking of going for the first time. PPl will always take the time as well to explain what is going on to players who might be new to gaming where online there is not always the time.

Users who are viewing this thread