Candy lollipop

indeed mobius, indeed..
:p

/me tickles mobius

love,
Candy

T

Twaize

I jus't started playing DAoC and almost all of my friends are also new...

I will though be leaving for: The Matrix Online coming christmas in 2004

M

mirieth

Well. I 'quit' about a month ago now, maybe a little less, but in that time I have seen about 3 people quit from Utopia (on their boards) and about 8 people quit here.

I wouldn't say daoc is dying, but I think those of us who were there from the beginning are understandably bored of daoc by now.

In the last 2/3 months I played it was mostly as an advanced chatroom and because I was addicted.

However, as people have said, there are always new players incoming. I wouldn't be surprised if daoc kept on for at least another year.

It's not dying, it's evolving in its own way, for good or for bad I don't really care - I'M FREEEEEEEE! :clap:

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by mirieth
It's not dying, it's evolving in its own way, for good or for bad I don't really care - I'M FREEEEEEEE! :clap:

Well said... left about a month ago, played for a year and to be fair it lost its appeal

Any new players would be better off joining the USA servers now, same sub price... more servers....ingame CSR... WORKING chronicals... less spaces camped due to the time differance... more up to date patches... (slower pings... and not serverwide events that no one can be assed to follow as they drag on for too long :) ).... yada yada yada.

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by -Nxs-

Any new players would be better off joining the USA servers now, same sub price... more servers....ingame CSR... WORKING chronicals... less spaces camped due to the time differance... more up to date patches... (slower pings... and not serverwide events that no one can be assed to follow as they drag on for too long :) ).... yada yada yada.

except.. they're US players..

X

XeffoInfil

Originally posted by Twaize

I will though be leaving for: The Matrix Online coming christmas in 2004

MATRIX ONLINE?!? OMGWTFPWN!

M

mirieth

Sure to be a huge disappointment, unfortunately :(.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

daoc has fairly low sub prices, nice game engine, pretty solid servers, good comunity etc etc.

Old players are leaving, a lot of " big" names too. this isnt weird, if ppl spend more then 6 hrs a day for over a year, maybe even 1.5 year it does loose some of its power of attraction. In that time ou've seen it all and you've done it all. From massive zerg till uber leet 1fg vs 1fg. And tbh this isn't weird. in the beginning a lot of zones were too high lvl for most players. no SC was here so ppl relied on drops (which were crappy compared to sc armour). and most important thing. Every thing was new. Finding the way to LB by myself (and by mistake) was something very exciting, going Emain for the first time was a feeling no one can describe (but everybody playing daoc know what i mean). Today ppl are concerned about cash farming for their SC armour, there are tons of websites giving hints/spoilers to finish all quests / epic mobs. The challenge and new has left. But, new players won't see it that way, things are still new to them (and i hope they don't find BW, these forums are a source of entertainment, information, but it has also left negative feelings towards daoc that i would never have from just playing).

The things that i still find fun to do:

Running around with team muppet killing everything in our path (or getting killed ofc)
massive battles (not zergs, but 2/3 equals forces of at least 3 fg's per force clashing in together)
well organised PvE/PvP raids
dueling
killing SB's or NS solo.

G

Garnet

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
So many long term Alb players have left in the last few weeks, others have let accounts lapse to go play Planetside or beta versions of other games. I have counted 12 people I know who cancelled this week and another 6 that have a few weeks till the account ends. Excal seems to be having similiar problems with many established players leaving and the bigger guilds collpasing. Is this same trend happening in Mid/Hib because if it is then things are about to take a massive down turn. The delay of the RvR expansion seems to have been the final straw for many people and even the promise of /level 20's in 1.62 seems to hold no sway when people consider their future in DAoC. The numbers above don't seem like much but that is just people I consider friends so I hate to think of how many more are on the verge of quitting. Your thoughts please......

Nah DAOC isnt dying....People always come and leave.

F

Fantasyez

i dont mind if a few excal albs quit they still have more than enough =P

G

Gimly

Looks at sig :(

Just had enough, game is boring now unless you like to constantly level up alts or run about in emain.. yes i know there are other frontiers but normaly they are quiet 80% of the time.

J

jodster

Definitely quieter however

The other day I ran my old Sorc through amg and then did a full run of the Hib frontier, as I'd never really seen much other than Emain and Briefine (never one for Gorge-ganking). Was good fun and my thanks to the few hibs that I saw if they also saw me and left me alone (I wasn't causing any trouble)

Point was though this was at 17:30ish GMT and there were so few people around, I would never have been able to do this a few months ago, and I wasn't being exactly sneaky - dragged various pets around, now that you can charm so many more, including the larger variety and had a few PvE fights for amusement.

Therefore I'd say the interest is waining heavily, mine certainly has, though I enjoyed this little foray until an annoying persistent purple Champion Commander finally decide I'd gone far enough. However I'd nearly made it all the way round so no complaints :)

Just my thoughts

Jod, Sorcerer Primus (occasionally)

S

Solid

Games not dying, but the community is.

Oldskool4TehWin imo, no Old Skool, no Win :D

B

Balbor

Theres nothing wrong with the game itself, just with what people try/expect to get out of it. Too many people thik that there is an end game to DAoC and that it is RvR. This is were they gone wrong. There is no end game as such as you cannot finish or end the game. The closest you cancome is to 100% do everything, that is get everysingle class to L50 RR10, finish all the quests for every realm, kill all the mobs etc and i don't think anyone is ever going to do that.

Its no wounder that so many 1337 players get bored after a while, after all they PL there characters to L50, and then storm around in RvR killing all until a zerg stops them. They then moan that zergs are spoiling the game, not realizing that they are the cause of zergs and that it only spoils there way of playing.

After i level my first character to Level 50 i way at a loss as what to do next, so i played my Sorcerer for a bit and then went exploring in SI. The mids did everyone a huge favour by opening up RvR to large scale warfar that went beond zerging and probably came close to what Mythic hoped large scale battles would be like. For once the main focus for RvR was not restricted to the mildgate zones.

K

Kahland

DAoC lives because its the only MMORPG with a decent PvP mode.

I doubt there'll be a mmorpg with one just as good.... ever...

T

Twaize

Sure to be a huge disappointment, unfortunately .

Why should it be diappointing?
Games made from movies can still be VERY good when there are GOOD DEVELOPERS :clap:

K

klavrynd

too bad both matrix movies were absolute bollocks then

O

old.mattshanes

People are leaving at the moment but probably will come back when the adds on are released just like they did when shrouded isles came.I am liking the game still a lot,also what kahland said i couldn't agree more,daoc pvp is the best i seen for an online game so far.

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Twaize
Why should it be diappointing?
Games made from movies can still be VERY good when there are GOOD DEVELOPERS :clap:

I just really can not see it living up to expectations. Sure, it would make an excellent game if it was made perfectly, but it will be very very hard to do and I would expect the developers won't be that bothered about making it perfect anyway as people are sure to buy it as it has a big, recognisable name.

L

lacroix

I am not sure if DAoC is dying, I think it probably is just changing- the bad thing is to see good friends leave, really, but if ppl get bored with it, it might just be because they are focusing mainly on one aspect of the game.... notably rvr which seems to be getting really frustrating for those largely focused on that ;)

Personallly, I am not going to quit until I played each realm and tried pretty much all classes, and I still got a number to go ;)

And yes, missing old friends is one thing, but I found you can meet really nice and good people among the "new" players too ... so, I will stay around a bit longer, just not necessarily in my "old" realm(s).

:D

T

the_smurflord

I really dont think DAOC is dying, there's just a changing of the player base.
The people that were here from the beginning are leaving. Some may be back for Trials of Atlantis, many won't. People have done all they can in the game and have moved on as is only natural.
However new players are coming on board all the time. Just look at the server populations in Europe, they have never been higher than they are now.
The mighty guilds that once ruled emain are slowly fading away and dying out, new ones are emerging and will take their place in due course. This is just the natural ebb and flow of a community driven game.
DAOC will be around for a long time to come, in my opinion, just not with the same people.

Users who are viewing this thread