iRvR

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Have you played with Arumos on his theurg? I have, a lot.

In iRVR, you do get a lot more "adding" than you would in normal boat-trip situations. This is natural; a lot more zergs around and everyone fighting to get the enemy out of the frontier.

However, it is unfair to say Arumos "adds on everything in sight". In fact, in my experience, he's more likely to EB/Haste a solo armsman/scout/inf than add on 1on1 fights. I'm sure he "adds" sometimes, as everyone does; it just depends on the situation and perception of what's happening in the fight.

Let's not turn this into a flame war; I'm simply saying you should run with people and understand their perception of things before you make swift judgements about their playstyles.

Cheers :)

i agree irvr makes people add like it or not part of the game, if u dont want adds on ur fight go where others don't since irvr is in alb go mid or hib.. i think every single one in this game have added so u cant blame 1 person for adding cos it is aint only 1..

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:

In iRVR, you do get a lot more "adding" than you would in normal boat-trip situations. This is natural; a lot more zergs around and everyone fighting to get the enemy out of the frontier.

However, it is unfair to say Arumos "adds on everything in sight". In fact, in my experience, he's more likely to EB/Haste a solo armsman/scout/inf than add on 1on1 fights. I'm sure he "adds" sometimes, as everyone does; it just depends on the situation and perception of what's happening in the fight. iRVR keep/tower defense nets a LOT of rps if you know what you're doing; I think it's fair to say I made a great deal of the last million rps on my cleric that way - but I find it great fun.

Let's not turn this into a flame war; I'm simply saying you should run with people and understand their perception of things before you make swift judgements about their playstyles.

Hows the move going eggy? Dangerous and thirsty work this moving - requiring much drinking around the corner in the pub i should imagine?

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
eggy said:

However, it is unfair to say Arumos "adds on everything in sight". In fact, in my experience, he's more likely to EB/Haste a solo armsman/scout/inf than add on 1on1 fights. I'm sure he "adds" sometimes, as everyone does; it just depends on the situation and perception of what's happening in the fight. iRVR keep/tower defense nets a LOT of rps if you know what you're doing; I think it's fair to say I made a great deal of the last million rps on my cleric that way - but I find it great fun.

Thats where u are wrong m8r.

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
from a tank POV irvr i generally shit for rps unless you're in a grp. irvr is just caster wars, with occassional tanks. was in a grp last night and the amount of zerg was intense. i ended up just going bomb style on my bm and blasting them to peices while simultaneously dying anyway. made a good 30k rps though, for 2h work

ps. well done to the stupid albs /rofl at me when it was 5-6 fg albs vs 2fg hib being hit by 3 fg mids!

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Marsh Horde has been thought of as the guild of very Random people, not very good at RvR etc, people who just like to fool around, you get the picture.

I don't really care myself, but thats how many peoples view of that guild seems to be.

And you make it sound like that's a bad thing? Yes, we are a guild for the most random people, "not very good at RvR", plenty of RvR players in the guild mate, we don't RvR as a guild, but that doesn't make us bad at it.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Ok i don't get it. There is irvr atm in hadrian. Why are the fg's/soloers who don't like adds there too? They could go to Emain or Odins or whatever but no they go hadrians. Why?

They whine here because of irvr and still they cant go anywhere else. Stupid. :p

brad

Fledgling Freddie
I never go to irvr. :)

Emain for teh win.

But for some reason spetznaz group likes to roam there and farm the soloers every once in a while, then goes back to irvr i guess. Is sad imo.:p

But atleast i get decent fights every once in a while.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Ok i don't get it. There is irvr atm in hadrian. Why are the fg's/soloers who don't like adds there too? They could go to Emain or Odins or whatever but no they go hadrians. Why?

They whine here because of irvr and still they cant go anywhere else. Stupid. :p

Because people are lasy and hypocritical in general and like to whine:p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
brad said:

Emain for teh win.

But for some reason spetznaz group likes to roam there and farm the soloers every once in a while, then goes back to irvr i guess. Is sad imo.:p

you mean spetnaz group and the other 1/2fgs behind you mean?

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
And you make it sound like that's a bad thing? Yes, we are a guild for the most random people, "not very good at RvR", plenty of RvR players in the guild mate, we don't RvR as a guild, but that doesn't make us bad at it.

Bad or not is for 1 and each to judge, I only wrote as I have heard said.

As I said, I couldent care less tbh.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
liloe said:
Oh noes, Vladimir is Waffo? I should've /hug'ed you, off-topic associate :/

Well, firstly yes, but then Dinky kinda sorta rp pl'd it to rr10 xd

Tze said:
Kinda, but not really

Back in your box wannabe greek!.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
RandomDotCom said:
from a tank POV irvr i generally shit for rps unless you're in a grp. irvr is just caster wars, with occassional tanks.
We've had a tank group out two nights in a row now in iRvR, and we did decently, even against enemy zergs. :) Oh, and we got a fair amount of FG fights, so it's not just zergs out there.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:

Emain for teh win.

strange usually we just cheak for any bridgecampers who farm hib soloers if we cross the bridge (fine example was 2 FG albs camping the bridge 1-2 days ago)

as about solo part i never complained when some mids/albs farmed me with 2-3 ppl up to 1Fg+ etc in same emain

rest of the time if i cross the west bridge is when im solo or duo FYI

u sound like albs/mids always come to emain solo ...

ps. Kirentix talking about our 2 FG zergbusting lastnight we did with 2 pugs as mids had at least 3FG++ on stick and albs same (albs alowed to zerg prolly mids too but hibs must come only in 1 FG and sit down to give rps i guess... QQ)

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Hate it or love it, iRVR brings in loads of rps quick and easily for all realms.

However iRVR means soo much more adding and less fg v fg fights, if your after easy rps then iRVR is fun, if your after fg v fg fights chances are you will get added on.

With the new RP patch system combined with a week or two of iRVR people steam through the rr's

Ging

Part of the furniture
Alexandrinus said:
rofl peopel RR8+ speaking about PuG's,i bet all where RR8-12

well after getting run over by 4fgm on stick i had a look around and saw they were mostly rr7+. I believe i even commented such to my grp!

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Spetsnaz said:
strange usually we just cheak for any bridgecampers who farm hib soloers if we cross the bridge (fine example was 2 FG albs camping the bridge 1-2 days ago)

)

Would be nice though if your grp left the soloers. But i know you lot don't.
You say you wanna protect the solo hibs from being killed by fg's but you do the exact same thing to people tryna stay away from irvr.

O well......

Ging

Part of the furniture
Collateral said:
irvr in alb is great!^^
as an alb, i make major rps...and as non-roxxor mid (yet) too.

gingy, you remeber when you got pwnd by some skilt vaktens 3 days ago? :)

uhm...yes....thats it. continue with working!

i get pooned by nearly everyone!

mind u i did see a troll sklitvakten yesterday night :) /wave

AoD are now DIRTY mids? ewww how filthy to have turned ot the dark side. :m00:

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
dunno its pretty simple

iRvR = action
no iRvR = zzZ

action = good

when i´m playing in a group i ONLY play for fg vs fg rvr, dont care at all about keep/zerg fights. but i still prefer iRvR simple cuz i cba to run around 30 mins between the fights. i honestly rather fight the adds in iRvR too.

fighting + dieing >> not fighting at all

and its better rps aswell

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Spetsnaz said:
ps. Kirentix talking about our 2 FG zergbusting lastnight we did with 2 pugs as mids had at least 3FG++ on stick and albs same (albs alowed to zerg prolly mids too but hibs must come only in 1 FG and sit down to give rps i guess... QQ)

It was kinetic who complained, not me :D Just before the old mistaken name thing sets in :D

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
We've had a tank group out two nights in a row now in iRvR, and we did decently, even against enemy zergs. :) Oh, and we got a fair amount of FG fights, so it's not just zergs out there.

yeah. but as i said, irvr only good for tanks if you have a grp. can't say i'm much impressed with albs though. they close hib portal and then chain zerg anyone who even walks close to the towers to get them back.

Ging

Part of the furniture
RandomDotCom said:
yeah. but as i said, irvr only good for tanks if you have a grp. can't say i'm much impressed with albs though. they close hib portal and then chain zerg anyone who even walks close to the towers to get them back.

no offence but maybe you should be looking to the 2fgh on stick that were roaming nr berks to get port back. Blame your own rp horney realm before blaming albs for defending a tower. Maybe you should organise somthing instead of whining about everything when it doesnt go your way.

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
well after getting run over by 4fgm on stick i had a look around and saw they were mostly rr7+. I believe i even commented such to my grp!

Ah, that's where the outbreak of Tourettes/cackling laughter was coming from :D

Spetsnaz said:

Just like you farm soloers in your fg at bridges all the time? Hypocrit :mad:

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Rigga Mortice said:
Ah, that's where the outbreak of Tourettes/cackling laughter was coming from :D

Ging was certainly swearing like a sailor on vent thats for sure...pretty damn funny though tbh

liloe

It's my birthday today!
brad said:

Emain for teh win.

Imo don't blame support for what the group does :( Blame the dmg dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom