Iraq video

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I don't think I could post a reply to GDW without getting banned.
So all I'll say is: these comments coming from someone in Belfast hohoho.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Maybe Britain suffers more terrorist attacks over the years because we actually have the balls to do something, instead of just sitting back and waiting.

Not that I'm niaive enough to think that every military engagement we have is entirely honourable, but taken overall we have more balls, more integrity and deploy more professional soldiers than any other nation.

And don't forget that our professional army is often just an instrument of a wrong-minded Government.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
ECA said:
I don't think I could post a reply to GDW without getting banned.
So all I'll say is: these comments coming from someone in Belfast hohoho.

You could try and engage in debate rather than offering an implied racial insult, but then I know you dont have the intelligence nor ability to do this, so I forgive you

As for you Xane, I am disapointed that you try on focus on the fact that I am 'arguing' when clearly I am not, and that you are trying to criticise my comments by only including western nations.. am I not allowed to set the parameters of the subject matter I am discussing?

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
The main reason why our nation is frowned upon after the U.S is because Blair holds Bushes willy and vice versa.

It doesn't bother me generally apart from when we seem to want to follow the U.S doing things that are un-PC.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
GDW said:
You could try and engage in debate rather than offering an implied racial insult, but then I know you dont have the intelligence nor ability to do this, so I forgive you

You're Irish (I assume), not black, how can it be an implied racial insult? (Please don't try to tell me you're a different race from us whiteys from the Big Island or I'll have to just point and laugh at you). He's just pointing out you might have an axe to grind when it comes to a critique of Britain's track record on terrorism.

GDW said:
As for you Xane, I am disapointed that you try on focus on the fact that I am 'arguing' when clearly I am not, and that you are trying to criticise my comments by only including western nations.. am I not allowed to set the parameters of the subject matter I am discussing?

No of course you're not allowed. Why don't you just say, "Britain's had more terrorist attacks than any other Island off the coast of Europe" and keep your parameters really tight?

I'd also be interested in seeing this 'index of hatred' that you seem to have unique access to that puts Britain second only to the US in the loathing stakes. While I'm quite sure we punch above our weight in a lot of areas, I've got my doubts about this one; I would imagine we're no better than third most hated by the Islamic world (fourth in countries like Pakistan), we're probably quite liked in most of the far East (who'd put the Japanese a long way ahead of us), way down the list in Eastern Europe (in fact actively liked) and indifferent or liked everywhere else.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
GDW said:
Of course I have proof, why on earth would I make such a profiund statement of fact without evidence.

GDW said:
I am not arguing anything, Im discussing facts. Britain, after America is, globally, the the least respected Western nation. For the past forty years it has been the victim of terrorism on a scale greater seen than in any other Western nation ( with the exception of the USA).

Hello did i miss something? I'm still waiting for this "Proof".

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
You're Irish (I assume), not black, how can it be an implied racial insult? (Please don't try to tell me you're a different race from us whiteys from the Big Island or I'll have to just point and laugh at you). He's just pointing out you might have an axe to grind when it comes to a critique of Britain's track record on terrorism.

Judging by some of ECA other posts down the years I can safely assume that it was an implied racial comment. I find it quite sad that you feel the need to jump in to his defence.

I have no axe to grind I view myself as neither British or Irish and was simply trying to encourage some debate in Toms thread, which he opened with a very flippant comment where he tried to justify the actions of the soldiers in the video. I find it amusing and interesting that the British soldiers tactics in this video are now being are mirrored by the comments of some of the replies in this thread.

DaGaffer said:
No of course you're not allowed. Why don't you just say, "Britain's had more terrorist attacks than any other Island off the coast of Europe" and keep your parameters really tight?

Im not even going to respond to that coment..as it bares no truth or substance.

DaGaffer

GDW said:
Judging by some of ECA other posts down the years I can safely assume that it was an implied racial comment. I find it quite sad that you feel the need to jump in to his defence.

I have no axe to grind I view myself as neither British or Irish and was simply trying to encourage some debate in Toms thread, which he opened with a very flippant comment where he tried to justify the actions of the soldiers in the video. I find it amusing and interesting that the British soldiers tactics in this video are now being are mirrored by the comments of some of the replies in this thread.

Im not even going to respond to that coment..as it bares no truth or substance.

Of course it bears no truth or substence ffs, its there to point out the absurdity of your own argument. Anyway, answer the bloody question! You're happy to put some pretty big statements out there about how Britain is viewed etc., claim you have 'proof' and won't back it up!

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
You dont see too many other European countries who have envoked the wrath of terrorists for the past forty years. That sort of says something about the sort of nation it is.

You'd rather be like Switzerland, and get fat stinkin' rich off of Nazi gold raped from the Jews?

Maybe the 'it's their problem, let them sort it out' attitude works in some situations, but if I was the kurd getting gassed in Northern Iraq, or the father of a son killed in a deathcamp because he criticized Saddam, you can bet I'd think a lot more of those who helped stop regimes like that than those who stayed in bed reading their copies of The Daily Mail and turned a blind eye.

I give thanks daily that there are some nations prepared to face terrorist repercussions in order to do what is fundamentally the right thing. I'd rather see someone do the right thing for the wrong reasons than the wrong thing for the right reasons.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Completely agree with you on that one Lamont.

*Ksssshhhskskkk* Earth to GDW - Waiting for proof *Kssshshhkkk*

ECA

I am a FH squatter
GDW said:

When did the Irish become a race?
Sorry but you're talking faeces.
I'm white male caucasian, I assume you are the same, how can I be rascist towards you?

My point was simply you were probably extremely biased.
I'm still not going to reply to your original post, because its still a load of Balaerics.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
Of course it bears no truth or substence ffs, its there to point out the absurdity of your own argument. Anyway, answer the bloody question! You're happy to put some pretty big statements out there about how Britain is viewed etc., claim you have 'proof' and won't back it up!

Again another person who cannot debate without being flippant or getting aggressive and argumentative.

Whilst I expected everyone to oppose me I did at least expect them to do it ratonally and calmly. Ah well:mad:

Like I've said your verbal comments mirror the actions of your soldiers.

I have absolutely no reason to show you any evidence I have, not one person can debate this without getting personal or getting angry.

I wish you all luck.

DaGaffer

GDW said:
Again another person who cannot debate without being flippant or getting aggressive and argumentative.

Whilst I expected everyone to oppose me I did at least expect them to do it ratonally and calmly. Ah well:mad:

I have absolutely no reason to show you any evidence I have, not one person can debate this without getting personal or getting angry.

I wish you all luck.

In other words, you've got nothing. And show me where I got personal. You're right about me getting angry though, you answer questions like a politician (NOW I'm getting personal).

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
GDW said:

I wish you all luck.
lol? There are sevral people here who are not angry at all. I just wanted to see your evidence, which clearly you do not have. Some excuse. You have no reason not to share it, it was clearly enforce your "debate" if you had it.

You've completely changed this debate anyway, it's now debating how people are debating. Merely trying to change the subject because you failed with the origional.

It's a pity i can't hand out enough rep in this topic.

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Some high profile nations that have suffered terrorist attacks recently besides the UK. Most of these countries have lost many times more civilians and troops to terrorists than the UK over the past 20 years or so.

Sri Lanka (thousands of civilians killed every year by rebels)
Turkey (over 1 attack a month there - border with Syria and Iraq)
Columbia (I don't think there are any judges or prosecuting lawyers left alive)
Akmost every nation in the African continent. Zimbabwe, Sudan, millions killed.
Russia (Chechins etc etc.. remember the school and the theatre? 100s killed)
Spain (Madrid bombings)
Israel (constant from palestinian extremists)
Palestinian lands (constant from Israel forces)

Terrorism isn't something that is directed at countries with the balls to defend basic human rights where they can.... it is indicriminate, and is directed wherever groups of people believe they have a greivance and don't care who or what they kill to get their voices heard.

And the thing is, the terrorists believe they are right in what they do, but are not willing to allow democracy and diplomacy to take their course because they DON'T WANT DEMOCRACY OR DIPLOMACY. Just ask over half the population in Afghanistan who were prevented having any voice in ANY subject what they feel about democracy.. now they can tell you, before they would have been stoned for even looking at you. Doesn't that tell you a bit about the fundamental purpose of terrorism?

We've heard on this thread various references to Northern Ireland, and the historical problems there.

Does everyone know however that the terrorists want something the majority of Northern Ireland does NOT want?

Perhaps Scotland and Wales should have terrorist factions to further the goals of the minority of their populations that want independance from the UK. We can all blame the government in London when they send troops up to Glasgow to protect the civilians from a minority of murderers who blow up Celtic Park and everyone in it because 'we want independance'.

/sarcasm off

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
I assume that you all saw the video of just before that of the mortar attack on the compound that they dragged the kid into yeah?

And you all saw that one of their mates was killed a few days before by a similar attack?

My opinion? If the army didn't want that shit to happen, they wouldn't let a section go out like that without an officer attached. It's basically some lads kicking the shit out some other lads because one of their mates died.

I assume none of the Iraqis were killed? Just beaten up a little?

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
What did they expect, you got an Army thats been under attack. The soldiers have been trained since day one in the art of killing people. Its not their job to staff prisons, and act as a police force, Its like using a hammer to clean a window. Wrong tool for the job. Those kids are lucky to be alive.

// Also isn't it strange that these old photos and videos come out just after the cartoon furore. Seems like someone or some group conscience is trying to get the muslims mighty upset with the West. Its like oh look All of europe apart from the US and the UK have published the cartoons, lets get them back in the fray.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Furr said:
What did they expect, you got an Army thats been under attack. The soldiers have been trained since day one in the art of killing people. Its not their job to staff prisons, and act as a police force, Its like using a hammer to clean a window. Wrong tool for the job. Those kids are lucky to be alive.

// Also isn't it strange that these old photos and videos come out just after the cartoon furore. Seems like someone or some group conscience is trying to get the muslims mighty upset with the West. Its like oh look All of europe apart from the US and the UK have published the cartoons, lets get them back in the fray.

Im aware the US isn't part of europe... you know what i mean...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Personally i'm so sick of the iraq bullshit that i'm my idea is this:

Build a huge wall around iraq place soldiers etc on the wall.

Take familys out.

Let the place destroy itself until they either kill themselfs or they finally see we are actually trying to help them.

Let America do their bomb the hell out of any country who wants to build nukes.. because quite frankly you don't build nukes unless you intend to use them.

And the whole Iran thing is getting worrying and we all know they are on the next hitlist for the USA.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Milkshake said:
I assume that you all saw the video of just before that of the mortar attack on the compound that they dragged the kid into yeah?

And you all saw that one of their mates was killed a few days before by a similar attack?

My opinion? If the army didn't want that shit to happen, they wouldn't let a section go out like that without an officer attached. It's basically some lads kicking the shit out some other lads because one of their mates died.

I assume none of the Iraqis were killed? Just beaten up a little?

Exactly noone is bothered what happened before the film was shot.

Like i said in the other thread in the offtopic DAOC forums.

I served in the Army at the start of the war and also a few months peace keeping.

The iraqi kids think its FUN to chuck grenades over the walls all the time.. they then wonder why a section of troops are running after them down the street and bringing them back for a good kicking.

I haven't done it.. but i've stood and watched them being kicked/beaten when someone in the compound has died.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
Let America do their bomb the hell out of any country who wants to build nukes.. because quite frankly you don't build nukes unless you intend to use them.

So only us and our close mates are allowed nukes - we can have them and have the potential to use them, but any country we're *unsure* of will be blown to shit for thinking of making their own?

Aada

Part of the furniture
nath said:
So only us and our close mates are allowed nukes - we can have them and have the potential to use them, but any country we're *unsure* of will be blown to shit for thinking of making their own?

Iran is a scary place they won't back down on producing uranium wtf do they need all this stuff for? they won't let the UN near them.

Only sensible countrys should be allowed nukes and despite what alot of people think the US is a sensible country.. ok yes they maybe made some mistakes with iraq but for the long run it was the best idea.. it was only a matter of time before SADDAM did something horrible again.

I'm sure if it was up to alot of us nukes would be wiped clean from the earth but this isn't going to happen so i'd rather only a few countrys have nukes then every country like IRAN because its only a matter of time before trouble kicks off there.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not saying I'm over the moon about certain countries having nukes, but I dislike one rule for us, another for them ideology.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
nath said:

YES, FUCKING YES NATH! BECAUSE YOU CAN BE AS "FAIR" AS YOU WANT MATE, BUT I WANT TO BE ON THE SIDE THAT WINS, JUST LIKE YOU DO IF YOU'VE ANY SENSE ABOUT YOU AT ALL MATE!!

edit// i dont know why that came out in caps, Im not actually screaming at you :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
nath said:
I'm not saying I'm over the moon about certain countries having nukes, but I dislike one rule for us, another for them ideology.

But unfortunatly you cannot let every country have nukes.. you only have to give someone a inch and they will take a mile.

Yes its scary that only a few countrys can have nukes but this is better then every country having nukes and threatening each other.

We don't bully other countrys without nukes but other countrys would do.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well of course I expected that response. To be honest, I don't know what the answer is - anyone who suggests they do is more than likely full of shit. However, I do know that the idea that we're infallible and should police the rest of the world is a crock of shit.

Aada said:
We don't bully other countrys without nukes but other countrys would do.

There's also the idea that if everyone has nukes, everyone is afraid of retaliation and no one does squat. In reality though I doubt it's as simple as that.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Just watching Newsnight - new pictures of some horrible stuff going on at Abu Ghraib. It may be wacky conspiracy theory bollocks, and I don't find it hard to believe that the American military is capable of this shit but does anyone find it strange that photos were taken of this stuff? I mean why?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well I'd rather Iran not have nuclear weapons thanks very much, since their government is headed by a raving lunatic.

As for the video, everybody knows that war isn't pretty but I really do despair at whoever sold - yes sold that video to the NotW. I bet it was a soldier too, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom