ipod

- English -

Resident Freddy
thinking of buying one for the gf, ill admit, ive no knowledge on this stuff. Whats the best going type to buy? Dont want it to be too expensive .. and shes only going to listen to music (if some come with videos and such), and dont need too much hard drive space .. 8 gig is fine.

Ive had alittle look, but theres just an overwhelming amount of them for someone who doesnt have a clue what hes looking for.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
whats the little apple one that plays video & tilt games?

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
iPod touch will do that - I have a 4th gen - pretty impressive. I have dyno, bar code scanning, games, 64Gb music/films, facetime video, I can stream music to WMP or control my pc/stereo musc playback - you can get an 8gb version - but christ, iTunes is utterly shit.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Way, way back I had a first generation ipod, The big clunky type. Itunes seemed to work ok back then. But that was, what, 8 years ago? Since then not owned any other apple product, so Im out of the loop on iturnes. How come its so shit nowadays?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I'll ask the obvious question.
Why not use her mobile phone as a music player? 8GB microSD cards aren't that much these days.

Or is it to link an iPod with iTunes purchases?

- English -

Resident Freddy
I'll ask the obvious question.
Why not use her mobile phone as a music player? 8GB microSD cards aren't that much these days.

Or is it to link an iPod with iTunes purchases?

Don't ask, ive already suggested it. Infact ive offered her my old w995 which is currently useless atm since its not hooked up to any network, which is an mp3 phone with 8gig, 5mp camera etc.. but no. (shes a woman).

Shes also insisting on 16gig now, for whatever reason is beyond me as she has no music.

I have made it clear she will not be paying for her songs on Itunes, so i'm shooting myself in the foot in all of this, as a) im going to have to download and put all her music onto her phone, b) teach her how to do it herself.

All in all its a bit annoying, its cost around 100quid but ive bought her the nano 6th gen one or something .. suppose it will keep her happy for a bit ;p

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
How come its so shit nowadays?

Probably hasn't improved in 8 years. It seems every time I plug in there is a full software update recommended (not simply a patch). The infernal software needs authorising, pairing to your iPoD and asks to make syncs so its best to to use your iPoD with only one pc. It sometime crashes and hangs and the interface seems superunintuitive. It goes on.

This stufff is pretty important because all my media is though my pc.

I guess I am used to media centre

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom