Ipod scratches

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Is there any way to get rid of scratches on ur ipod (video)? Ive got a nasty scratch on the screen and its really annoying. I thought you might be able to get a scratch remover because you can for CD's.

Thanks in advance

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently brasso works. I tried it on my ipod photo scratch, it helped *a bit*.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Depends on the severity of the scratch, but yes, Brasso is known to work. this might help.

I've forgotten the brand name, but I once had some thin rubber film covers for my iPod screen for scratch protection. Held in place with static 'leccy and generally very good at what they do. It might be worth getting some kind of protective cover and then tucking it away as soon as you've removed the current scratches.

I'd recommend one of the plastic screen covers for any brand of MP3 player, to be honest.

Weever

Banned
theres a kid at my school who bought a black ipod video who had the same problem, cant remember the product but he sed some1 who stays in the spare room under his stairs has some cool stuff thats gd for getting rid of scratches.
if u have trouble getting rid of the scratches just pm me and ill ask the guy for the brand name :>

xane

Fledgling Freddie
dr_jo said:
It's very good for protecting without standing out. You can hardly tell it's there.

On the off-chance you don't like the fact it isn't noticeable enough, you can always get one of these

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Definitely protect the screen - I bought the translucent silicon case for my Sony NW-A3000 (partly because I liked the look of it but mostly because I was horrified at the size of the leather 'book' case) but it had a square hole where the screen is. It needs this hole so you can get the player in and out of the case but I cut the corner off one of the clear gels from a par can at work and slid it under the cover.

It does the job but can be a pain, only because I need to take the player out of the case to put it in the desktop cradle (although it sits in the desktop speaker dock thingy no problems with the case on). It not only protects the screen from scratches, it keeps it clean - I was noticing a line of dust and grime around the outside of the screen whenever I took it out of the case before I put the gel in.

On a sidenote, have they fix0red the software yet? I still see the same link on sony.co.uk (which, from the mighty familiar look of the "2 options currently available", doesn't look like it's been updated since I bought the player - at least 2 months). Google informs me that there's no third-party software or workaround.

It's pathetic enough that they ever took this software out of beta, let alone bundle it with a highend mp3 player, LET ALONE not have it fixed and working after a good 5-6 months of shelf-time. Sonicstage isn't exactly a fantastic alternative, but it does the job (because it has to, there is no other alternative that I know of). :eek:

I'd be more annoyed if I hadn't persevered in that first week to get the tunes I wanted onto it - now I don't use the software that much the player itself is freakin' great.

But yeah, um... protect the screen... :)

edit - Proporta, the company that made the silicon case, make them for most of the ipods as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom