iPod / iTunes synch'ing

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Is it possible to connect your iPod to you PC without it automatcically synch'ing with iTunes - I don't mind it so much on my home PC, but when I get into work and attach the iPod it deletes everything on the HD and uploads whatever crap I have on the work PC and quite frankly it's pissing me off.

Surely there must be a way of getting it to work like a PDA - i.e. chosing what you want synch'ed when you connect?

leggy

Probably Scottish
There is a process that runs called ipodservice.exe

I believe if you stop that from running it won't sync with itunes*

*I may be lying.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi itcheh

I sadly don't run iTunes nor own an iPod, so don't take this as gospel, but have you tried switching to 'manual mode'? Apparently you "connect the iPod to your Mac or PC, click on the iPod Options button and select 'Manually manage songs and playlists'" (from Apple). This should allow you to manage your music directly without auto-syncing being a problem (I think :)).

Kind Regards

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Jonty speaks the truth. Sadly I don't have an iPod either, but according to the iTunes help, "additional options for the iPod appear in the lower-right section of the iTunes window". These allow you to tell iTunes not to synchronise automatically (or just to synchronise certain parts of your library, I believe).

leggy

Probably Scottish
Those suggestions are blatantly better than mine.

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Thanks for your help guys - problem solved!

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
The-Don said:
It's worth giving ephpod a try. I prefer it over itunes :)

www.ephpod.com

Hey I was gonna tell him to try Ephpod!! grrr :p

I told you about ephpod!

Ephpod makes the iPod elite.. itunes is rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom