Ipod help!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Does anyone know how to make all the songs on an Ipod play at the same bloody volume? It drives me mad :eek:

They are all at different bit rates btw :(

Anyone know?

Kryten

Old Cow.
* holds himself back *

But you already know what I'm going to suggest.

No, it doesn't involve a new power supply ;)

Kryten

Old Cow.
I'm going to hazard a probably accurate guess that you can't do that on an iPod - you can with a fair few other mp3 players and phones.

Meaning you're probably only real option is to normalise them via your PC, if you can spare the time to copy everything to and from the ipod. Nero has a normaliser built in you can use, otherwise plenty of 3rd party apps that will do it. I've got a little app in my miscellaneous junk folder called Mp3Gain - however I'm not sure it'll work with iPod tracks - might be worth a look though.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Another vote for MP3Gain, though it only works with mp3s not other formats.

RB

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure you can do it in itunes with rightclick.

Theres a volume slider.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Best bet is using the dustbin technique.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
There's an option in iTunes under Edit > Preferences > Playback called "Sound Check" that is supposed to ensure this happens on all new songs added to the library.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
There's an option in iTunes under Edit > Preferences > Playback called "Sound Check" that is supposed to ensure this happens on all new songs added to the library.

Splendid answer thank you :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
iTunes can write the normalisation data to the MP3s, not sure if the iPod will notice it. Or just use foobar to normalise and change the MP3 audio data (instead of adding tags which the iPod probably ignores).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom