iPod accessory

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, they're damned clever.

However, they're also illegal in the UK, last time I checked - any FM transmitters must be licensed from the government.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They've been available for cd changers for years.

Seriously, how long before they stick bluetooth in car entertainment systems? Would solve a lot of problems.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Not hugely likely - Bluetooth has never really taken off that much, and may well get superceded entirely by WiFi.

Wireless networking in your car - now there's an interesting concept...

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
My mates got one. I doubt something with the power to transmit about 10 feet is not really breaking the law imo.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It matters not what power it outputs, but what band it uses, and its bandwidth requirements. I think the JFMG regulate the frequencies, but they're about as much use as a fart in a high wind.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
The iTrip ISN'T permitted for sale in the UK, as tom says because it uses reserved bands.

To transmit to your FM stereo it has the ability to broadcast over a wide range of FM frequencies and this can interfere with other transmissions - as a result the radio authority blocked Griffins application to sell them in the UK.

Only way to get them is import, though to be honest you'd be safer just asking a friend to bring one back for you or something. Even customs can get a little antsy about things like that.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
SawTooTH said:
Can you buy it in the UK or do I have to import one?

Also, the quality will be shite. Much companding = poor quality. Trust me on this, I have radio gear in my kit bag, considered to be the best, and it still sounds iffy on some material.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
http://kryton.clickandbuild.com/cnb...=51&op=catalogue-product_info&prodCategoryID=

hehe

Quite interesting how they quote the legislation as being 'archaic'. They might not be saying that if there was no regulation at all, how would you like it if you pulled up to a set of lights, only to find that your radio was suddenly tuning into the next car's transmissions? We have the world's best broadcasting system in this country, from technical basics to creative output.

Idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom