iPhone headphone socket question

Tom

I am a FH squatter
We're doing Facebook live stuff on a job of mine, and I need a device to do a specific thing. We're plugging a microphone into an iRig Pre (XLR in), and then taking the iRig's output (4-pin minijack) to the headphone socket on the iPhone. It works well, the trouble is that the Facebook app doesn't allow simultaneous audio monitoring, so there's no way for the person holding the phone to know if the audio is ok or distorted (the Filmic Pro app does, but it has to be Facebook live). The iRig has a headphone socket, but it's just a passthrough from the phone and is therefore useless for this purpose (it doesn't monitor the iRig output).

So I need a device to put between the iRig and the iPhone. It needs to keep feeding the iRig's output into the phone, but it also needs to take a feed from the iRig straight into some headphones, so the operator can monitor the iRig.

Any ideas?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Gotta have something to stream it to fb live. A pc with a camera. Or a android phone. Either way gonna need a feed off to hear the audio

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Close, but it needs to take the audio input and feed it straight through to the phone. I'm not sure what the input impedance is on an iPhone but I bet it's orders of magnitude greater than the headphone output, so simply rewiring and connecting one of the headphone sockets to the iPhone (hoping it'd be treated as an input) probably would be distorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom