iphone 5 user reviews.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Having used my Note for a few weeks, I can now safely say HTC make the best phones out there.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I got a good play with the HTC One X over the weekend - loved it, much nicer in build and experience than the SGS3.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Hopefully when my Sensation contract expires early next year the next Android HTC will be out/around the corner which should be awesome.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I agree the build is better on the HTC one X, but no removable battery and no expandable memory let it down. Also the interface on android can so easily be changed that it's a moot point.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Either that or something else, that looks pretty good tbh. 64gig kills the need for expandable IMO.

old.user4556

That looks awesome; I really like the feel of the material that HTC use, always have since my HTC Hero.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The One X+ looks like a decent enough device. 64 Gig is fecking loads. I got 32 on my S2 and I've not even remotely touched the sides of that yet. If 4G is really that fast, you could use cloud storage and just stream what you need? Subject to having a signal, obviously. If you're on unlimited data, so much the better.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Job said:
Having used my Note for a few weeks, I can now safely say HTC make the best phones out there.

Hardware wise and for ease of replacement or repair Apple win hands down (glass shattering aside they don't have many hardware issues). Then for me it is Nokias 6 months ago an Android Nokia would of been my wet dream Nokia make superb hardware.

old.user4556

As a side note, my iPhone 5 battery is normal after a few full discharge / recharge cycles.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I now have Cyanogenmod 10 on my One X. Very fast, the only annoying bug so far is a random signal loss (solved by rebooting).

Was piss easy to unlock the bootloader and install a new rom.

Poag

m00?
"Many iPhone 5 users are complaining that its camera is adding a purple flare to their photos. Speculation is that it's caused by the new sapphire lens cover that Apple touted as 'thinner and more durable than standard glass with the ability to provide crystal clear images.' Apple's response to those who've complained? 'The purple flare in the image provided is considered normal behavior for iPhone 5's camera.'"

From slashdot
http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/Slashdot/slashdot/~3/PApwiZENKKY/apple-acknowledges-iphone-5-camera-flaw

I lold

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Customer: "There's a purple flare in my pictures!"
Apple: "We know, it's a feature."
Customer: "Ok then, more teet please!"

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Camera on the Note is hopeless, over exposes everything and even on a bright day people clapping had blurred hands, also video has bleedin timer for 5 secs before you can shoot!
Oh and the video format can't be played even by media player classic..wtf!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The Note2 is the phone closest to the one I want next, but there still isn't one Android phone that stands head and shoulders above everything.

Always something that spoils it. How hard would it really have been for Samsung to put a retina display killer in the S3 or Note2? Full HD and 400 dpi? Why don't the ppl who design & make phones listen to the ppl who use them on a daily basis?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It sounds like you know more than all these multi-billion dollar companies. Perhaps you should start designing and making phones.

There's probably very good reasons for not. Whether the tech isn't ready, the battery life would be impacted too much, overheating etc etc. Who cares about retina displays anyway? Nobody gave a toss about DPI in the mobile sector before Apple and millions of Android users get by every day with a pathetic ~250dpi.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I absolutely cannot see individual pixels on my One X. Everything is lovely and smooth, it's just like a backlit advertisement at a bus stop.

Callous is right, who cares?

old.user4556

It sounds like you know more than all these multi-billion dollar companies. Perhaps you should start designing and making phones.

There's probably very good reasons for not. Whether the tech isn't ready, the battery life would be impacted too much, overheating etc etc. Who cares about retina displays anyway? Nobody gave a toss about DPI in the mobile sector before Apple and millions of Android users get by every day with a pathetic ~250dpi.

I absolutely cannot see individual pixels on my One X. Everything is lovely and smooth, it's just like a backlit advertisement at a bus stop.

Callous is right, who cares?

Personally, as gorgeous as the One X is, I prefer the high DPI; I always have. The iPhone 5 screen is also very accurate regarding colour gamut which satisfies my inner photographer.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
But did you think "ZOMG I WANT MORE DPI" before Apple starting pimping the Retina display or are you now content with it simply because it exists?

old.user4556

I can confirm the existence of the purple flaring, it's discussed and detailed by DPreview here - this is not a new issue, it's there on the 4 and 4S as well but not as bad. For Apple to say "it's normal" is a load of utter shit, it shouldn't be that bad however I can see this from the photography angle - purple flaring and fringing is a problem with digital photography and is worse in some cases than others depending on the lens, the aperture and the sensor. I remember reading the review of the Pentax DA* 200mm and how it was plagued by purple flare / fringing when shot into harsh light, as is the great and eye wateringly expensive Leica M9. I do see Apple's point though; if you take a shite shot straight into the sun then you do risk it. The output from the camera itself (see my post on the camera nerd thread) has shown that it's capable of very good printable results.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't notice any difference between the display on my iphone 4 and my galaxy. Except the screen on the galaxy is bigger.

If you have bionic eyes that can see the extra dpi then good for you tbh. Not saying the retina display is no good, but it would still be as good with a lower dpi.

old.user4556

But did you think "ZOMG I WANT MORE DPI" before Apple starting pimping the Retina display or are you now content with it simply because it exists?

When I first saw a 1080p screen on a 17" widescreen laptop screen I thought "that DPI makes the screen look tremendous", so when it appeared on a phone I naturally really liked it. I wouldn't say the iPhone 4 spurred me into it.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
That One X+ looks incredible, definitely be getting one of them to replace my Desire HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom