Internet issues

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Basically I woke up at 10am, Monday morning and the internet was not working on my computer. I tried my dads, and brothers computer (we're plugged into this router. We've had no problems in months of use, and years of using Telewest.

A few hours later, and the internet came back up. Now though, we're being disconnected randomly every 1-20 minutes. I spent yesterday trying to find out the problem, but had no luck. I rang Telewest, who advised me to try connecting the pcs directly into the modem to see if it it works, and also to try turning the modem off for 30 seconds and then switching it back on (obviously I'd tried both before calling...neither worked)

So I woke up this morning, and lo! it was working. I gamed for 2 hours, before I went linkdead. I thought perhaps it was a one off, but I was wrong. I have the same issues as yesterday. This is infuriating. :( We are 3 computers plugged into the router I linked above, using a motorola surfboard modem, with a 4mb Telewest connection. I phoned them again today to ask whats going on, and I was told there are no network issues in my area, so it must be a problem on my side, but I haven't altered any settings. It was working fine Sunday night, and come Monday morning its ballsed up. Here is the email I sent to Telewest as well, which they replied to say they were looking into it.

"We have 4 computers connected to a router. The internet wasn't working on any of them. A few hours later and it was working, although we were being disconnected randomly every 5-30 minutes, sometimes shorter. I have tried cyling the modem, and switching it off. I have tried connecting pcs directly to the modem to see if its a router problem and that doesn't work either. This has been going on from 10am, to 6pm. I rang your helpline and was just told to turn the modem off for 30 seconds which I'd obviously tried before calling."

Any help is appreciated. If you need more info just ask.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Is it the surfboard modem that is dying (You can tell from the lights on it) or the router (Again, lights).

If it's the surfboard then I'd say it's either developed a fault, the line has a fault or it's something at Telewests end.

When you tried plugging a machine directly into the surfboard modem, how long did you leave it plugged in? Did you just plug it in and test it for connectivity or did you game for a few hours to see if it died again.

just a few questions you may want to pose to yourself.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Well I sorted it. Basically after trial and error, I realized the router was the problem. I went out and bought a new one, and everythings fine now. I guess the router was just knackered. :(

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
my d-link router has no end of problems

needs reseting every otherday usually :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom