interforum gaming challange! aka US vs THEM #1

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
interforum gaming challenge! aka US vs THEM #1

[highlight]Are you up for some carnage? Gamesday is friday 10th March![/highlight]

You there! Listen up! Do you feel like showing your fellow forum goers what's what? Prefer letting your shiny .50cal hand cannon negotiate the finer points of life? For some odd reason known only to himself and best left unsaid, TdC has become inspired to organise a friendly interforum bash known only as US vs. THEM.

GAMES
Since not everyone plays DAoC or even the game of games, UT, we have decided to narrow the field a bit to games where we can potentially have direct control over the servers we're playing on. This means making choices that may not appeal to everyone, but such is life, and nobody ever said that getting to lay the smack down on your fellow forumers was easy!

Confirmed games:
  • CS:S
    • KEA CS:S server
    • IP: 87.117.194.89:27015
  • ET
  • BF2
    • Freddyfield BF2 server
    • more details follow

All games are now confirmed including servers:

CS:S the redoubtable Throdgrain, of clan KEA, has generously offered me their server to use on gamesday which is like totally cool dudes.

ET Ash, of the Adrenelan Gaming Network has donated an Adrenelan server set up for ET on Gamesday which is cooler than Angelina Jolie phoning you to demand you come play with her jubblies right now. Ash also mentioned that you can download Wolfenstein: Enemy territory from the Adrenelan Gaming Network. Enemy Territory is a free (!) stand-alone game based on the RTCW, or rather, the Q3 engine.

BF2 Gale of the Freddyfield BF2 servers has donated a server slot in the Freddyfield towards a BF2 server for Gamesday!

[highlight]All games are now confirmed! Great work everyone![/highlight]

Babs has taken some time to put together a quick startup guide for ET:
Babs said:
Right, let's get going! Before we can play Wolf:ET we need something - the game! Nip over to here (or your favourite download site) and download the full v2.55 release of Enemy Territory. It weighs in at around 258MB. Then patch it up to v2.60 with This patch (~5MB). The next thing to do once downloaded and installed, is to READ some stuff. For anyone who's played something similar, this quick guide should be enough to get you going, but it is also worth reading the Official Manual.

Now jump on a server somewhere courtesy of your favourite game browser, and have a run around. If you're feeling a little self-concious start your own game and run about in that. Get used to the movement, familiarize yourself with the map layout. Especially Fuel Dump, what a map :)

If you need help with disconnect issues, punkbuster issues, resolutions, cfgs, FuNkY l33t NaM35 etc, you could do a lot worse than to have a look at the ET Resource Site FAQs.

Potential Mods and intracacies will come to light a little closer to the time, but that ought to be enough to get you going.

GAMESDAY
Gamesday is now known: [highlight]Friday 10th March[/highlight] Gametime will be 19:00 UK time. Comments or abuse? Please post and let me know!

ROSTERS
Right now Dommers and Throdgrain are working out gaming rosters for the CS:S 5v5 games

TEAMS
You can sign up in this thread. Yes, it really is that easy! All I need is your forum nic and what team your preference lies. As US vs. THEM means bugger all to anyone I propose that US means General forum and THEM means DAoC forum. There, TdC proves a point by breaking his own law. Shock!

Please clearly state if you want to be a reserve player, meaning you're up if someone has to bail for whatever reason.

FLEXIBILITY
Mostly due to me messing things up US vs. THEM may occur on a date you dislike and with games you don't have. More so, it may be that the teams will have to be swapped around a bit in order for us to balance the sides. I ask that you be good sports about this. We're doing our best! Plus, if there's a double swap involving me, you may get to kill me twice! How cool is that?

AWARDS
Right, this is a new thought. You photoshop savvy people out there, if you're up for it, I'd like some awards drawn. You gain: immortality and the gratitude and admiration of all Freddys. Here's what I had in mind:
Winning Team (there will have to be two ofc)
Overall best player of each team (best deployment of madskillz, luck and bribery)
Best Screenshot (how did his head go there?)
Most Creative Fragging of TdC (MCFT)

Feel free to contact me with any questions. Reply to this thread if you want a go!

EXTRA GAMES
While we now have three games in place for US vs. THEM, if [highlight]you[/highlight] feel like organizing some fun to be had by yourself and fellow Freddies then do feel free to see if you can find a server for your game. If you have one, contact me via PM or to post in this thread and I'll see it gets posted for all to see.
  • If you own [highlight]CS(Classic)[/highlight] and want to play it, make yourself known to Dommers on Gamesday. He has a server in place for some games.
  • If you own [highlight]Q4[/highlight] and want to play it, make yourself known to ECA on Gamesday. He has a server in place.

COMMUNICATIONS
The font of coolness that is Ash has once again come through for his fellow Freddies with a 32slot Teamspeak server in the Adrenelan Gaming network for use on Gamesday! I shan't be mentioning Angelina Jolie's jubblies again though, because caLLous' blood pressure is high enough already. Big thanks go out to Ash once more!
There will be a room in Quakenet's IRC network for everyone to gather in on Gameday, but I'm not letting on what it's called because I don't know yet :)

So if you feel like taking a swipe at the other mob, sign up and have a go. TdC asks for fair play, but if playing fair means you can hit the canny foe from behind with a big stick and then carve your name on his arse cheeks with a large hunting knife then so be it ;) If you have suggestions please post them, and please note we are on the lookout for servers, admins and games to play!

Like I mentioned in the DAoC forums: Remember peeps, it's not that you're "good" at anything, it's the having fun while giving it a go that counts most. I promise you, I've never played a minute of CounterStrike in my life, ever, (you'll prolly notice this ahem) but I'm going to be up there to get fragged for the team!

A note of my own:

you DAoC people who frequent the General forum for whatever reason (you like watching us don't you, you dirty buggers), do tell your mates about this. I'll post a link to it in the DAoC/Offtopic Forum, but that's about it. Go go word of mouth!

[highlight]please note that people who have not let me know they will be playing on Gamesday by posting their name and team preference in this thread will be subtracted from the polls tally!!![/highlight]

Cheers, TdC

[highlight]
TEAM US
[/highlight]
  • Dommers
  • Wij
  • Tom
  • Wilier
  • Babs
  • ECA (reserve) ;)
  • Sir Frizz
  • SAS
  • DaGaffer
  • Chilly
  • Throdgrain
  • Lazarus
  • Mank
  • Sockstuff
  • Shovel (reserve)
  • BigBB
  • dysfunction
  • Ch3tan
  • Brooky
  • caLLous
  • Gale (reserve)
  • Insane
  • Ash
  • ManDevil
  • MYstIC G
  • Xane (reserve)
  • Yaka
  • Trem
  • ~Yuckfou~
  • tRoG
  • Weevil
  • darkman[X]
  • Trancor

[highlight]
TEAM THEM
[/highlight]
  • Raven
  • Earl
  • Megarevs
  • Tilda
  • Jimmae
  • Bubble
  • Calaen
  • Himse
  • Dukat
  • tris-
  • Gamah
  • Litmus
  • `mongoose
  • Gale (reserve)
  • (invisibletank)
  • Roalith
  • rana
  • Tilda's n00b housemate
  • Morphius
  • Ranapoid
  • Dakkath
  • Kaun_IA
  • Zephyd
  • Gorbachioo
  • Xoxarle
  • adorf

things I've found out:
  • fix a date before getting everyone all enthused
  • talk to people before having everything out in the open
much thanks go out to:

Ash, Babs, caLLous, Dommers, Gale, Lazarus, SAS, Tilda, Throdgrain and Trancor

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
Ill join team us and you can use my low ping, high reg cs 1.6 server if you want :)

Teeds contact me via a PM and we can talk about match rules and such. I manage a team in a couple of leagues.

I also have a Ventrilo server we can use.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I haven't played DAOC in about a year so I'm back on team us. Also, since I got married, I'm no longer good at games, so I'm willing to help lose if the timing is convenient to my better half.

*bow*

TdC

Dommers said:
Teeds contact me via a PM and we can talk about match rules and such. I manage a team in a couple of leagues.

I also have a Ventrilo server we can use.

I will! atm I've only got a vague idea of a "friendly" match like we used to do back in the day. Adding some more rules will certainly add to the challange :)

I may take you up on that Ventrillo server, but I'm actually kinda hoping that FH services will spring to my aid, like a graceful fawn. Yes, I'm looking at you Deebs!

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to play but prefer to know some sort of date, as I might have to reformat to get any sort of FPS :p oh and it might clash with my hugly active social life! ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I will go on general, I hate those DaoC twats. :D

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Do I still count as US?

If so, sign me up Dutch-boy, although I will need a date and time about a week in advance, and it needs to be after 8.30pm......and preferably on a Tues or Thurs night........and involve GTR..........but other than that, great ;)

Tilda

Sign me up for the "them", and tom, you are so dead! :eek:

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
if you lot do a bf2 event, i'll sign up as "them" .. i suck at CS:S

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'd sign up but it would be so unfair no meaningful game could be held.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Count me in TdC! Recently found me a newish PC so can now play CS:S. Naturally, I'd be part of US. :)

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
I am in if it's BF2. Could reinstall CS, but not played in over 2 years :/

Chilly

Balls of steel
I'd be temped to play for 'them' but 'they' are all a bunch of cocks, so sign me up for 'us'.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
tbh, whith the amount of people signing up, BF2 might be a better bet than CSS, except for the fact of course than BF2 is undoubedly gay :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
16v16 de_dust! What a skillfest that would be!

:/

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
im in for US

CS
CZ
CS:S
BF:2

although I suck more on the last 2***

**** I also suck on the first 2 too.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I think there should be something a bit different too, what about competitive iSketch!

TdC

tbh I think that's a good idea Babs, inasmuch as I'd also prefer two different games, though I don't know if we can work it. I'll edit the main post to reflect some more ideas that have arisen atm.

mank!

Part of the furniture
i'll play cs:s, i'm fucking nifty with that cheap sniper rifle thing

it shoul also be noticed that my other skills lie in swearing lots, abusing the opposition and doing kamikaze runs.

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Yea baby!!!

Sign me up for THEM please! (only have access to CS 1.6, if you only gonna run CS:S, please delete me)

edit: hm considering i haven't played cs for like 2 years i would probably help "them" more by signing up for "us" :D But who cares, i'm on! ( AND GO SWEDEN!!! COME AAAAN!!!)

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be up for some CS:S or bf2 with US.

Also can i chuck DoD:S into the mix?

TdC

I don't know. Do you have a server with admin access available? I was also thinking of some Enemy Territory because I seem to remember that you could download that for free.

Right now I really need to talk to Gale regarding the FreddyField server. Gale!!

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
TdC said:
thinking of some Enemy Territory because I seem to remember that you could download that for free.

That was the Wolfenstein spinoff wasn't it? I rather enjoyed that, but my PC sucked too much. Not any more, though. If you decide to play that (or something else that's freely obtainable), it may just lure me of retirement (for us obviously).

Of course, if you wanna play Quake 2, that would give me marginally more hope of remembering how to play. Although if memory serves, I was terrible even when I did know how to play. Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom