Instanced RvR and RvR across servers!

Laalaa

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
Instanced RvR areas, fun fun, where do I get to shoot stragglers then?

Oww , poor scouts nothing to leech on :(.

Yay for instanced, no more stupid adders nor leechers.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Instanced RvR zones should have no or low realm point rewards, only experience points ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Skilgannon said:
You on a different planet?

Cause DaoC certainly hasn't been blown away by anything. US WoW players are returning to DaoC and referring to WoW as "DaoC lite"

Look at it this way... we will get the next patch mid jan, catacombs March/April, the next patch after that in say May/June and this patch, which wont go live in the US for another month or so around Aug/Sept next year... How many people do you think will even still be playing this game by then? Unless GOA get their act sorted out over patching, which will take even longer now that we have Italian and Spanish servers (coming soon afaik) its to much of a wait for many players, DAOC rvr may be a blast on your side of the fence (Alb) but the numbers are dropping daily in Hib and i think its pretty much the same in Mid

Skilgannon said:
Just really wish the whiners would sod off both from DaoC and FH

Thats the problem...they are, and its a problem for albs too, soon you will have very little to fight.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Instanced RvR zones should have no or low realm point rewards btw, only experience points ;)

Dont like the idea of people gaining rp through their own effort/skill rather then f8 ? ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Dont like the idea of people gaining rp through their own effort/skill rather then f8 ? ;)

Sure if they do it in the realm frontiers (thus helping their realm). Doing it in a private bg they shouldn't gain REALM points, only experience points (and perhaps gold). Besides, fg fights are all about the fun of the fight ain't they? ;)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Sounds like a good idea, although have to see how that clustering works. My first question here ofc is, double names? Then next one: What does clustering really mean. Does it mean that there are new servers for RvR only, where you can like copy your char over? Or do you log in your char and play it in RvR on another server? Really need more info on that before we start to whine etc. =))

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
liloe said:
Really need more info on that before we start to whine etc. =))
That wouldnt be in the FH spirit now would it... :twak:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Sure if they do it in the realm frontiers (thus helping their realm). Doing it in a private bg they shouldn't gain REALM points, only experience points (and perhaps gold). Besides, fg fights are all about the fun of the fight ain't they? ;)

Well it is the only way to acheive population balance in rvr, and that alone makes it a good thing - and whats to say it wont help the realms? Wins in instances might very well have some benefical effect on your realm.

But sure, i dont need rp for wins in instanced if there is some other reward (an no not exp, at 50 you dont care much for exp^^) - be it a shared reward for the entire realm or something like unique looking equipment etc. Just something to show for wins, i think everyone wants some reward when they do well :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Well it is the only way to acheive population balance in rvr, and that alone makes it a good thing - and whats to say it wont help the realms? Wins in instances might very well have some benefical effect on your realm.

But sure, i dont need rp for wins in instanced if there is some other reward (an no not exp, at 50 you dont care much for exp^^) - be it a shared reward for the entire realm or something like unique looking equipment etc. Just something to show for wins, i think everyone wants some reward when they do well :)

Hmm maybe a medallion, and get enough medallions and you can exchange them for unique dyes or something. The rewards should be cosmetic though, because if you end up with everyone just doing instanced fg rvr then basically you end up with Dark Age of Counterstrike. The frontiers need to remain the primary focus for rvr, with instanced rvr providing an alternative.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Hmm maybe a medallion, and get enough medallions and you can exchange them for unique dyes or something. The rewards should be cosmetic though, because if you end up with everyone just doing instanced fg rvr then basically you end up with Dark Age of Counterstrike. The frontiers need to remain the primary focus for rvr, with instanced rvr providing an alternative.

Agree on the RPs point. Realm Points should be for Realm Warfare in the frontier. Instanced should perhaps just give the satisfaction of enjoying fg fair fights. Guess how long it would last ;)

Instanced RvR will die a death like the incredibly popular PvP servers. Once players find they aren't earning RPs they'll go back to wanting to farm RR3s.

vintervargen

Banned
im surprised really, first time to see a stroke of 'honesty' (even tho its surely flavoured with selling-spirit)..

and i must say its sounds veeeeeery interesting :)

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
hm a bit more info :m00:
Server Clustering

We have been paying close attention to the community feedback from our different servers. Several servers have populations high enough to support exciting RVR. However, our lower-pop servers often don’t have enough fighting players logged in simultaneously, and gameplay on those servers is suffering.

To alleviate this problem, we've come up with a new solution: we will “cluster” the servers, which uses the new instancing technology we introduced in Catacombs. The intent of this system is to give players lots more friends and enemies in RvR, but not change the home server’s community unless the players seek to do so. The way it works is as follows:

Servers that are clustered will have shared battlegrounds and frontier zones. Thus, all players on the clustered servers will RvR together.
For PvE, players will have a choice of which server’s PvE zones they wish to enter (among the servers in that particular cluster). The current plan is to put an NPC in the capital city that controls which server’s PvE zones you enter – if you want to venture to another server in the cluster, you may do so by talking to that NPC, which will let you zone into other server’s PvE and housing zones. For example, if in a cluster of three servers, players on all three servers can adventure on each of the three server’s PvE zones.
Players will be able to send private messages (/sends and /tells) to each other across the clustered servers, just as if they were physically logged on to that server.
Players from “foreign” servers that are adventuring on another server in their cluster will be identified as “[playername] of [servername]” or something similar.
Some servers will be clustered and some will not, depending on population.

These are just the basics; we’ll announce the full system when it is implemented around the beginning of the new year. At that time, of course, we’ll announce the actual servers that will be clustered together, and when we do so we will take into account which Realms “fit” together best amongst the servers.

Instanced RvR

A common question during Catacombs’ development was whether or not Instanced RvR would be coming. We decided to focus Catacombs on PvE – but now that the expansion has launched, we’re putting together a design and starting to implement Instanced RvR. I don’t have too much to tell you about it, other than it will be a “matching service” that will find groups of like level and power in other Realms on your server (or cluster!) and put you into a dungeon-type area to RvR. We are working on different types of rulesets right now; more information will be forthcoming when Instanced RvR goes into testing.

We will post complete information about each of these new additions when we put them up on Pendragon for testing – expect to see the first patch notes in the first half of January.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Numbers dropping/tougher market = listen to the players.

not like you get any happier when u know the game you play is developed by people who only listen to you when they are getting into the heat..

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
Cool my new name will be Gashemi of Excalibur! Phear! ;)

Minau

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Adding new things that customers want - easy.

Balancing classes? "omg sorcs are overpowered" "omg alb classes suck" "omg albs zerg everywhere" "omg hib and mid groups have too much utility" "omg thanes need a boost" "omg mentalism's a crappy line".
Can't please anyone with balancing ;)
I c ur point, but they arent stopid right ? (can be discussed) Some things are so horribly obvious that it is insane, Dragonfang/early patch savages/hib casters(?) .... u dont have to be a rocket scientist to see that its fucked up. but they have their thumb so far up their asses that they can tickle their nose with it.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Divinia said:
not like you get any happier when u know the game you play is developed by people who only listen to you when they are getting into the heat..
As opposed to not listening at all, you mean? Geez. :rolleyes:

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Matt Frior said:
Server Clustering

We have been paying close attention to the community feedback from our different servers. Several servers have populations high enough to support exciting RVR. However, our lower-pop servers often don’t have enough fighting players logged in simultaneously, and gameplay on those servers is suffering.

To alleviate this problem, we've come up with a new solution: we will “cluster” the servers, which uses the new instancing technology we introduced in Catacombs. The intent of this system is to give players lots more friends and enemies in RvR, but not change the home server’s community unless the players seek to do so. The way it works is as follows:

* Servers that are clustered will have shared battlegrounds and frontier zones. Thus, all players on the clustered servers will RvR together.
* For PvE, players will have a choice of which server’s PvE zones they wish to enter (among the servers in that particular cluster). The current plan is to put an NPC in the capital city that controls which server’s PvE zones you enter – if you want to venture to another server in the cluster, you may do so by talking to that NPC, which will let you zone into other server’s PvE and housing zones. For example, if in a cluster of three servers, players on all three servers can adventure on each of the three server’s PvE zones.
* Players will be able to send private messages (/sends and /tells) to each other across the clustered servers, just as if they were physically logged on to that server.
* Players from “foreign” servers that are adventuring on another server in their cluster will be identified as “[playername] of [servername]” or something similar.
* Some servers will be clustered and some will not, depending on population.

----

Instanced RvR

A common question during Catacombs’ development was whether or not Instanced RvR would be coming. We decided to focus Catacombs on PvE – but now that the expansion has launched, we’re putting together a design and starting to implement Instanced RvR. I don’t have too much to tell you about it, other than it will be a “matching service” that will find groups of like level and power in other Realms on your server (or cluster!) and put you into a dungeon-type area to RvR. We are working on different types of rulesets right now; more information will be forthcoming when Instanced RvR goes into testing.
..and then I wrote some stuff here.. hoping this wasnt already pasted in earlier in the thread :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Minau said:
I c ur point, but they arent stopid right ? (can be discussed) Some things are so horribly obvious that it is insane, Dragonfang/early patch savages/hib casters(?) .... u dont have to be a rocket scientist to see that its fucked up. but they have their thumb so far up their asses that they can tickle their nose with it.

question is - how much do you nerf (say) animists by? remove their Fnf pets? make them specline? cap em at 15?

what's the level that gets something balanced without completely destroying something (and someone will think you've completely destroyed it no matter what you do, someone else will think you haven't gone anywhere near far enough)

Not the sorta thing you wanna just jump in and tweak...

dragonfang's not much different to annihilation or even slam..
savages were only overpowered when in a fully opted gank group - solo their tradeoffs work, and they sucked in pve

stun on primary nukers is evil ;) but just removing it and replacing it with a root is a bad road to go down - everyone ends up the same - not good.

Adding in things like stun turn and making it possible to purge more often, Divine Intervention so you can get healed whilst being stun nuke nuked and your healer is interrupted...

Personally I think more needs to be done ;) but that's just me :) removing it might seem like the easiest and simplest course of action and may well have worked back in daoc classic beta .... would just cause a load of /cancellations these days, and maybe some smug posts on FH ;)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
wow, looks like i might have a reason to renew my subs in 6months time, wonder if anyone will still be playing by then¿

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Looks intresting...they could replace/remove relic things same way.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
"other than it will be a “matching service” that will find groups of like level and power in other Realms on your server (or cluster!) and put you into a dungeon-type area to RvR"

In short... stealthers are fucked.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
"other than it will be a “matching service” that will find groups of like level and power in other Realms on your server (or cluster!) and put you into a dungeon-type area to RvR"

In short... stealthers are fucked.

In Zak we try experimenting with 1 or 2 stealther in a group, typically Lath
playing scouty. Sure we aint yber, sure scout dps lower than a caster and
sure we get whooped by best gankgroups, but a scout do add

1) Protection from enemy stealthers, cleaning a fight area from hostile enemy stealthers. Sure enemy stealthers might think this sucks, but again its rvr and
they wouldnt hesitate to add. Also offers good protection against inc assasins
on healers and casters.

2) Decent ranged attack and damage combined with interrupts.

3) Guard, fz,wb line or bodyguard/grapple.

4) Posibility to ambush enemies, a vital new strategy now radarabusers hopefully will get banned. Information about an enemy zerg or a fight.

Not saying its yber, but seems an ok way.

Laalaa

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
In Zak we try experimenting with 1 or 2 stealther in a group, typically Lath
playing scouty. Sure we aint yber, sure scout dps lower than a caster and
sure we get whooped by best gankgroups, but a scout do add

1) Protection from enemy stealthers, cleaning a fight area from hostile enemy stealthers. Sure enemy stealthers might think this sucks, but again its rvr and
they wouldnt hesitate to add. Also offers good protection against inc assasins
on healers and casters.

2) Decent ranged attack and damage combined with interrupts.

3) Guard, fz,wb line or bodyguard/grapple.

4) Posibility to ambush enemies, a vital new strategy now radarabusers hopefully will get banned. Information about an enemy zerg or a fight.

Not saying its yber, but seems an ok way.

Thank you all i needed to know about scouts, its finally clarified and made as whole.

Good thing at least one of millions admits it.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
As opposed to not listening at all, you mean? Geez. :rolleyes:

No but always listen to the constructive critisism always aimed at them. I did not complain about the change at all, but at the time and situation the did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom