Instanced RvR and RvR across servers!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Disapointment after disapointment i learnt to not hold my breath untill i try it, good ideas indeed tho this might become gold in EU sumwhere near christmas 2005 :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
i'll believe it when I see it.

And if they are so listening to their customers, how come there hasn't been any balancing changes for months?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
"omfg we have just been blown away by the competion and must rush out a patch/expansion to desperatly try and keep some of our player base"

Far to little, far to late.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds great, but I wonder how those rvr-instas will work for stealthers...

What fg wants leechers in their insta?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
Sounds great, but I wonder how those rvr-instas will work for stealthers...

What fg wants leechers in their insta?

Yeah but all the details arent out, there could also easily be a 1vs 1 or something similar instance, like a 'small arena' where two characters could duke it out.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Right, so now let's watch the whine continue rolling in. Damned if they do, damned if they don't? ;) Have fun in WoW, friends!

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
"omfg we have just been blown away by the competion and must rush out a patch/expansion to desperatly try and keep some of our player base"

Far to little, far to late.

You on a different planet?

Cause DaoC certainly hasn't been blown away by anything. US WoW players are returning to DaoC and referring to WoW as "DaoC lite"

Just really wish the whiners would sod off both from DaoC and FH

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
well the information is very vague atm

but if they make radical innovations (for instance server vs server RvR where all realm players from one server can group up) it could be quite fun

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kagato said:
And if they are so listening to their customers, how come there hasn't been any balancing changes for months?

Adding new things that customers want - easy.

Balancing classes? "omg sorcs are overpowered" "omg alb classes suck" "omg albs zerg everywhere" "omg hib and mid groups have too much utility" "omg thanes need a boost" "omg mentalism's a crappy line".

Can't please anyone with balancing ;)

Sounds interesting - wonder if the clustered RvR will affect us, or if it's meant just for the 500 person servers?

iRvR could be interesting - there's your fg vs fg action ;) now quit whining....

(and what do some of you mean by "no easy RP in there it sucks?" :))

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, worst thing that could happen to some people would be if it is soo good that they want to return but can't cause they sold their chars on ebay! ;)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Looking at the "powers" of the new classes (that Warlock video where ppl get wtfpwnd in 3 instas springs to my mind) guess they wont be rly worried, reroll 4th3w1n!! :)

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Ilienwyn said:
Well, worst thing that could happen to some people would be if it is soo good that they want to return but can't cause they sold their chars on ebay! ;)
ROFL !!!1

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:

ROFL!! shuoldnt have sold an account ilegally then should they!?

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Yes and they can always reroll. But some will miss their old,high rr char! :)

As for me, I would prefer rolling bainshee, warlock and vampiir before thinking of heretics. Maybe I should sell too, now my main is fotm?! :D

Edit:
Neffneff said:
ROFL!! shuoldnt have sold an account ilegally then should they!?
Think in US it is ok now? Only in Europe it is still grey teritory?

PS: Sorry, no. Never going to sell, even when I quit! ;)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
dont think RvR clusters is going to make any differance to excalibur and prydwen's declining population, in fact it may even make it even more unbalanced

RvR clusters would really need careful thought.

If, for example, Excal and Pryd were clustered then alot of people, like me, would find themselves able to play in all 3 realms on both servers.

I would be worried that we would end up with a Gorre type scenario where one night everyone plays Alb and gets all 6 relics. The next night everyone plays Mid and grabs the relics and so on. Would make the Realm War pointless.

Still, I guess we have to wait and see. My opinion is that this will be next freebie expansion around Oct/Nov.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
RvR clusters would really need careful thought.

If, for example, Excal and Pryd were clustered then alot of people, like me, would find themselves able to play in all 3 realms on both servers.

I would be worried that we would end up with a Gorre type scenario where one night everyone plays Alb and gets all 6 relics. The next night everyone plays Mid and grabs the relics and so on. Would make the Realm War pointless.

Still, I guess we have to wait and see. My opinion is that this will be next freebie expansion around Oct/Nov.

cluster things in a way that it caps population (2 alb clusters, 3-4 mid, 6-7 hib etc:p)

that would be something kewl, but i guess alot of alb m8s would find themselves in a ghosttown :p

Xplo

Banned
It would be wicked to play on 1 server on ib / alb, ittin players of your own realm is wicked

Claudius

Fledgling Freddie
Server clustering to help on population in RvR sounds like a really good idea. Lets hope they get it implemented right.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
yes, getting albsheeps rolling chanters with 10x PB icons/QB in hibernia would be a good thing.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
yes, getting albsheeps rolling chanters with 10x PB icons/QB in hibernia would be a good thing.

Bah, and I thought that only by rolling mid/hib you became skilled and 1337?! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom