Instance FAQ.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Same, although ive only done 4-5 instance tasks. But no drops from the bosses apart from money.

Got some leather jerkin dropped by Hrundur (sp?) - so guess it's bad luck only :fluffle:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Well, I have to say i'm very impressed with the instances, both walk-in and tasked, lots of fun, and btw, the xp rocks in Walk-ins, esp when you're tearing them up and getting bags of Aurulite. :p

Funkybunny

Banned
the 31-40 taskinstance is EXTREMELY bugged.. about 20-25% chance of bugged cave .. :(

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
been inside the 30-40 instance from lvl 34-40 and havnt once had a bug 0o

guess im luckeh

Funkybunny

Banned
Neffneff said:
been inside the 30-40 instance from lvl 34-40 and havnt once had a bug 0o

guess im luckeh
we play different realms :) im talking bout the mid one on pryd..

several times i get "kill . kill 1 of these".. cave empty... and several times i get a empty cave without warning.. its the cave who has a "alter" at the entrance, wich is bugged ive found...

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
we play different realms :) im talking bout the mid one on pryd..

several times i get "kill . kill 1 of these".. cave empty... and several times i get a empty cave without warning.. its the cave who has a "alter" at the entrance, wich is bugged ive found...
i stand corrected. my wife jsut had that exact bug on the lvl 21+ task instance.

xanir

Fledgling Freddie
is there a better way to reset the walk-in instances other than standing around outside for 5 minutes? ><

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
xanir said:
is there a better way to reset the walk-in instances other than standing around outside for 5 minutes? ><

Does relogging sort it?

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Well, I have to say i'm very impressed with the instances, both walk-in and tasked, lots of fun, and btw, the xp rocks in Walk-ins, esp when you're tearing them up and getting bags of Aurulite. :p

I thought that. Was chaining mobs in an instance (lvl26 vamp) for ~ 600k/mob ... then when i got to the orange con boss who split into 5 and utterly raped me i tried the classic dungeon itself. Was getting 1mil+ / mob for same con (and even same name) mobs. Was like 500k+100k instance bonus in the walk in, and 500k+500k camp xp in the dungeon proper.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
buggered if ill bother with the task dungeons now, as a scout i have sod all chance of even making it past the first few mobs in under an hour since u have 0 range to fire at them. 1.74 fixing this is all well and nice but in the meantime im stuck with lvling the old way Q_Q

i feel even more sorry for Wizzies :/

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
I thought that. Was chaining mobs in an instance (lvl26 vamp) for ~ 600k/mob ... then when i got to the orange con boss who split into 5 and utterly raped me i tried the classic dungeon itself. Was getting 1mil+ / mob for same con (and even same name) mobs. Was like 500k+100k instance bonus in the walk in, and 500k+500k camp xp in the dungeon proper.

We've found dungeon + camp bonus is > instance bonus when you are solo or duo as the instance one seems to increase with the number of people in the group, as a duo full dungeon bonus is ~ 50% while walk-in instance is only 30%

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
buggered if ill bother with the task dungeons now, as a scout i have sod all chance of even making it past the first few mobs in under an hour since u have 0 range to fire at them. 1.74 fixing this is all well and nice but in the meantime im stuck with lvling the old way Q_Q

i feel even more sorry for Wizzies :/

You can level in the new areas and get nice mini quests for xp as well though, better xp than solo'ing instance tasks - done up to 30 this way so far

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
anyone else think that the instances are a tad hard? Every instance I've had is full of high yellows that resist loads... 7/10 times my poisons are resisted :( and I can't get close to em to PA coz the mobs are clustered

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I love this expansion. :) Currently having fun levelling a Vampiir in instanced dungeons, can't wait to go home to continue!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
anyone else think that the instances are a tad hard? Every instance I've had is full of high yellows that resist loads... 7/10 times my poisons are resisted :( and I can't get close to em to PA coz the mobs are clustered

If the server your up on is camlann (guessing from your siggy) then theres a chance theres 2 of so people in there already which sets the con of the mobs higher.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:

So far i haev no probs completing the instas..in fact they have been a bit easy on my NS..just been using a neckie from cata that give a 45 dex/qui charge to help my evades.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
prolly my crap gear... :( and I'm at that level where your spec hasn't evened out yet

Helme

Resident Freddy
Had problems with instances before when I was 2handed savage, now when im hand to hand one miss doesnt mean as much.

Also a good tip is to buy first aid1-2 it speeds up things ALOT.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone make clear in what kind of instances I can get catacombs specific drops...Do they drop in the new zones, in the walk-in instances or do they also have a chance to drop in the task-in instances?

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Can anyone make clear in what kind of instances I can get catacombs specific drops...Do they drop in the new zones, in the walk-in instances or do they also have a chance to drop in the task-in instances?

In catacomb zones and by bosses in walk-in instances afaik...

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
ah k..so no chance of getting a drop in task instances? Cause I'm walking with green 70-85% qua leather armor and blue con piercer on my vamp, he's still uber tho :p. But I do considerably less damage to mobs in cata if I compare it with SI mobs...I do about 25-30 damage on yellow con SI mob while I just do 10-12 damage on yellow con cata mob, using same style...That means I can't get that much power back which gets me in trouble with orange cons :p. But yellows are still easy, damn I love the Vampiir class mythic did really a great job, it's hands down the most enjoying class to play :worthy:

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Krakatau said:
In catacomb zones and by bosses in walk-in instances afaik...

Done about 4 levels on my cabbie now (40-46), without the freelevel. Each time my level was purely gained by clearing a full task dungeon.

Have to say bloody good xp and money. But on those 4 levels so far i ain't seen no drop from a boss at all. Take about 8-10 dungeons for 1 level times 4... that's a hell of alot bosses and still no drop.

Are they that rare or bugged or is it just my lottery win again? :eek7:

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Aadia said:
Done about 4 levels on my cabbie now (40-46), without the freelevel. Each time my level was purely gained by clearing a full task dungeon.

Have to say bloody good xp and money. But on those 4 levels so far i ain't seen no drop from a boss at all. Take about 8-10 dungeons for 1 level times 4... that's a hell of alot bosses and still no drop.

Are they that rare or bugged or is it just my lottery win again? :eek7:
Krakatau was talking about walk-in dungeons, not about task dungeons (and no, you dont get items in task dungeons):cool:

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
As there seems to be a bit of confusion as to how Instances work, I thought I'd whip up a quick guide here.

Firstly there are two kinds of instances; 'Walk-in instances' and 'task instances'.

Walk-in instances are just there, you can go up to them and just walk in. There are no other requirements. All classic dungeons (except DF) have two instance entrances in them and so do most Catacombs zones. Generally speaking the level range for the walk in instances will be the same as for the zone they are in - so for example Muire Tomb instances will be designed for level 10-20 adventurers. One will usually be aimed at the higher end of that range and one to the lower end.
Walk-in instances are really designed for groups of at least 4 people. You can go into them solo, but the XP will not be as good as a task instance solo. The more people in the dungeon, the higher the bonus XP is. Only the people in your group can enter the instance. If someone is not grouped and tries to get in they will enter their own instance. If you leave the instance they will remain for 5 minutes and then despawn, so if someone goes LD for example or you want to train halfway through, you can leave and come back to the same instance as long as you are quick. Otherwise you have to start again with a new instance. Aurulite is only dropped in walk-in dungeons.

Task instances are slightly different. They work in much the same way as the old level 1-20 kill tasks. You talk to a Taskmaster (one next to every bindstone in classic areas and in each capital city) and he gives you a quest in a nearby task dungeon. Each Taskmaster can only give tasks to adventurers between certain levels. If you are too low or too high, he'll tell you which Taskmaster you need to talk to at your level. Only groupleaders can start a task and everyone in the group gets the same task. Once you have the task it's just like the old killtasks, if you die you fail it. Tasks can be 'Kill x number of this monster type', 'Kill the boss in this dungeon' or 'kill everything in this dungeon'. You get a bonus XP award when you complete the task (it's automatic, you don't need to return to the taskmaster) as well as very good XP for each monster you kill.
Task dungeons are only found in classic outdoors zones.

In both types of instance monsters do not repop. There are also bosses in each which drop loot as well as cash.

Saggy read this... unless i and others are reading this wrong when it says both types --- monsters don't repop, there are also bosses in each wich drops loot?

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone besides a GM found some boss in a task dungeon that dropped loot ?

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i basically tasked instanced my way to 50 on shade from lvl 34..not once did the task bosses drop loot.

Carneus

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone tried the Barrows instanced dungeon, the Lost Wing?

Three times I've cleared it now but have never been able to kill the boss, Nitaleg. I don't mean that he kills me, I can target him but necro pet won't attack him and spells and debuffs don't land. There are no resist messages, just a message saying 'you begin to cast such and such' then nothing.

When I click on Nitaleg there are no 'out of view' or 'cannot see target messages'.

Anyone else have the same problem. It's damn annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom