Rant Insomnia FFS!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
thorwyn;

You could try a lil trick also, go to bed about 30minutes before. I'm still betting it's simply a bad timing on sleep cycles.

That or you just don't need that much sleep anymore :p

it was the noises waking him up a minute ago you plank

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
how would that work? so it's just this one particular cycle that has a vendetta against him? what about the other 2 or 3?

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Maybe it's Aliens anal probing him?

Or can i join the retard arguement you two are having when neither of you know the answer? :(

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
but i like arguing with old.tohtori cos he's always wrong. i might be wrong but at least i know i'm less wrong :D

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I'm having similair problems ish.

I go to bed at 12, wake up at 5 but my body almost anticipates it has to get up and is protesting, because I'm awake now at about 4:00 instead. Then I find it hard to drift off knowing in an hour or less I have to be up!

I'm trying to go to bed before 12 but I'm a sucker for a good film on film4 etc. at 9-10pm.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
some relaxation techniques would probably sort you out bugz

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
You still doing the 2 hour yoga sessions before bed aoami?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
how would that work? so it's just this one particular cycle that has a vendetta against him? what about the other 2 or 3?

*sigh*

Sleep cycle interrupted mid-way = tired = easy to sleep again.
Sleep cycle interrupted at end = not tired = hard to fall asleep.

If it is due to sleep cycle being interrupted at same time by sounds at same time, taking a 30min step back could shift the sleep cycle.

Doesn't mean that things can't wake you up at different times.

Doesn't mean i'm right either, it's what i think might be wrong.

Original what i said;

The fact is, from what i've read, that sounds wake him up.

Remove sounds = no wakey uppy.

If wakey uppy = different problem = no loss trying.

But hey, you keep shifting what you argue about(when you don't even need to as it's not your problem) so, i guess next i'll be defending what i ate for breakfast.

FYI; i could put a hole in your theory, but can't be arsed.

No wait, yes i can;

they're not, his brain is waking him up due to i'd suggest one or more of - stress, body clock out of sync, nightmares/dreams, possibly even something like sleep apnea

he's hearing the noises because he's not in deep sleep when he should be, which is the brains fault. ear plugs aren't going to solve that.

Nightmares/dreams are in deep sleep.
Body clock out of sync = move sleep time(like i said)
Sleep apnea = different can of worms.

So you agree with me, but don't. Way to go *two thumbs up*

Can i stop replying you now?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
sleep cycles don't work like that, once you're in deep sleep, you're in deep sleep until you wake up

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
sleep cycles don't work like that, once you're in deep sleep, you're in deep sleep until you wake up

Ok, wiki time, even if it's not the most accurate book out there;

In humans, each sleep cycle lasts from 90 to 110 minutes on average and each stage may have a distinct physiological function. Drugs such as sleeping pills and alcoholic beverages can suppress certain stages of sleep, leading to sleep deprivation. This can result in sleep that exhibits loss of consciousness but does not fulfill its physiological functions (i.e., one may still feel tired after apparently sufficient sleep).

Sleep cycles work exactly like i said :eek:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
proper sleep cycles only really occur until REM hits afaik, theres hardly any non REM after that

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
proper sleep cycles only really occur until REM hits afaik, theres hardly any non REM after that

Again, source is wiki, but it's been studied and can be found from more reliable sources;

REM sleep in adult humans typically occupies 20-25% of total sleep, about 90-120 minutes of a night's sleep. During a normal night of sleep, humans usually experience about 4 or 5 periods of REM sleep; they are quite short at the beginning of the night and longer toward the end.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
I find it cool how when you feel like shit (sick, headache, generally fucked from booze or whatever), a quick sleep in the afternoon kills it. And does seem to last only for about 1.5 hrs before youre wide awake.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I never had any problems with sleeping. Never ever! Until a couple of weeks ago that is.

At the moment, it goes something like this:
I go to bed (mildly or REALLY tired, doesn´t matter which) at some random time and fall asleep. 2-3 hours later, I wake up from some noise (cat, cars outside, music from the neighbours.. whatever) and then I`m unable to find sleep for another 2-3 hours. When it´s getting close to dawn, I finally sleep for another hour until the alarm clock buzzes, leaving me like a zombie for the rest of the day. WTF is this?

It's also old age good chap, we sleep less as we get older. Less need for it.

Calo

Part of the furniture
I find it cool how when you feel like shit (sick, headache, generally fucked from booze or whatever), a quick sleep in the afternoon kills it. And does seem to last only for about 1.5 hrs before youre wide awake.

It all depends on how fast you sleep and how far you are in the cycle's, if you go to sleep for 40 mins, its great when you wake up cause you haven't been in 3-4th fase. If you get awake during that 3-4th fase, you feel tired like hell.. Its also quite hard to wake someone up when he is in that fase and if you do, don't be suprised if he's really pissed off :ninja:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
I thought it wasnt until REM that the body repaird its self?

I wonder what is happening inside when I sleep as above and wake up feeling better (most of the time). Sometimes the relief is only temporary, like this time actually. I woke up 2 hours ago feeling good again, but gradually getting worse as before :(

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I wouldnt do pills. Something is wrong and that something will still be there even with pills, just lowered effect. Try to see what the problem lies in, instead of ignoring it, pillstyle. Could be anything from stress or something esp. in your mind, annoying you.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
In the middle of a bout of insomnia again myself, 2 nights without sleep so far so I am on the diazepam tonight, it has worked in the past so fingers crossed. It annoys the fuck out of me though, 3-4 times a year I have these bouts of insomnia and it takes me about a week to get myself right again.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In the middle of a bout of insomnia again myself, 2 nights without sleep so far so I am on the diazepam tonight, it has worked in the past so fingers crossed. It annoys the fuck out of me though, 3-4 times a year I have these bouts of insomnia and it takes me about a week to get myself right again.

B*tch ain't it?

Worse i had was a four day spin on a work week, no sleep before i crashed for a good 20+ hours.

Can say that the 2->3 days at work weren't really productive :lol:

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else have the problem that they sleep fine once they get to sleep but cant ever get to sleep early?

I know it sounds like my body clock thinks it is supposed to sleep late but since my early teens about 10 years ago i have very very rarely been able to get to sleep before midnight. Since i started college its a rare night i get to sleep before 2 or 3 am. Ive tried going to bed early...ended up just lying there for hours....ive tried going to bed late but getting up ealry...same thing happens next night...so i tried it again that night...did it for about 4 day straight of going to be early but every night i still couldnt sleep until about 4 am....anyone else get this?

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Well I like to smoke weed when I can't sleep - it is also said to help you get more/longer/better? REM sleep. The body repairs it self in the REM sleep so I smoke weed instead of taking vitamins :)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I don't find wanking particularly helpful before going to sleep - it only elevates my heart rhytm, driving me away from the "Close your eyes, you feel sleepy" mood.

However, and this might be equally weird or absolutely normal to some people, after sex (yes, with a female), I go out stone cold. Especially if the gf shares the sleepy mood. Just cuddle and put my arms around her, then Zzzzzzz.

Stress related sleep disorders? Yeah, happens every so often -- when I'm worried about some work project or something like that, brain can't stop thinking, no matter how hard I try to blank my mind.
I hate those nights, being awake until 2-3 AM, finally going to sleep, then waking up at 5 AM. Alarm clock set at 6:30 AM, and me being a zombie for the rest of the day = not win.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Slowly getting back on track, 14 hours sleep in the last 5 days so there is an improvement but I feel like shit and I am constantly tired now, I expect a total burnout in the next couple of days followed by a 14 hour sleeping marathon. It really does piss me off when I get in this state, I am on the verge of asking my doctor for some Amitriptyline in advance for the next time it starts.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Anyone else have the problem that they sleep fine once they get to sleep but cant ever get to sleep early?

I know it sounds like my body clock thinks it is supposed to sleep late but since my early teens about 10 years ago i have very very rarely been able to get to sleep before midnight. Since i started college its a rare night i get to sleep before 2 or 3 am. Ive tried going to bed early...ended up just lying there for hours....ive tried going to bed late but getting up ealry...same thing happens next night...so i tried it again that night...did it for about 4 day straight of going to be early but every night i still couldnt sleep until about 4 am....anyone else get this?

Got something similar. Haveing summer vacation now but as I'm starting uni again soon I've tried to get up earlier but I always stay up late until 2 am-ish, which makes me unable to get up again until 10-11am... Maybe has something to do with that I'm still really on vacation. Probably have the "no-duties-I'm-free"-mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom