insects, why?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
this post is inspired by a recent event

i was sitting reading fh peacefully when suddenly a spider apeared to the side of me, it was asking for abuse as once i noticed it it stayed still, so, i got my spider killer box out and squashed the bugger, leaving its remains on my wall, but i ran out of tissues to clean it off... it wasn't one of those mundane boring, none threatning ones, it was about the 4inch's long, including legs...

so i went to the loo before getting a new box of tissues, i spotted a moth, ill explane why i hate moths the most in a bit, i went to get the spider catcher and lost it... so i went about my buisness and grabbed a new box of tissues cleared off the remains of the ex-spider

end of story, now for the funny bit

a couple of years ago when i was playing ps2 a moth flew into my ear, my ear tickled so i started to dig around in my ear only to find the remains of an ex-moth in my ear, what are the chance's?

this is not the only reason why i hate moths so much, i used to have wars with them after they flew into my room at around 3am... because of their dexterity it took me atleast 30 mins to actully kill it, after it making attempts to kill me(this happend around the time i smoked alot of cannibis, probbly hence the reason why i felt they were atacking me and why i thought they were so fast)

also, they make alot of noise when hitting my light... now a little history lesson about moths, moths are essentually butterflys but desided to be nocturnal, now considering this, why do they want to go into my light contantly untill i intervene

this is why i hate moths so much there the most useless/stupid thing on the universe

oh, and another thing i have 3 spiders, quite large ones nesting in my window, INSIDE!!! and due to the size/awekward angles i cannot bring my self to kill/catch them, and i dont know how to lure them out, as spiders just stay there if your looking at them

so this brings me to my question i stated in my title.... insects, why?

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
All have a purpose of being in the spot they are every second of the day for years

even you! so dont complain so much you have a purpose to be there as much as that insects do ^^

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
>.< Pooned said:
All have a purpose of being in the spot they are every second of the day for years

even you! so dont complain so much you have a purpose to be there as much as that insects do ^^

i realize that...

spiders eat fly's witch help in the eating of animal remains, human's do that... also many small reptiles eat fly's...
moth's.... ermmm.... get eaten by bats? and be killed by me?:p what a forfilling job they do...

thats a good idea, im gonna get a bat>.<

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Spiders are lovely! ( just if they arent size of your head )

But what I hate more are mosquitos. This summer there was very little of them becouse of the dryness.. I loved this summer. :)

Ye, they comes to your ear swinging their annoying wings and suck your blood. If you dont wake to the buzz then you gotta scratch those lovely little abscesses.

Mosquitos are the most annoying insects in world, not spiders! Spiders eats mosquitos!

Everz

FH is my second home
why, cos they were on the earth before us ;c?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
why, cos they were on the earth before us ;c?

thus obsolete?

also they only live for like 4 days, if... just like a period, why?:p

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Spiders lives for weeks.. months.. ^^

And btw.. Spider isnt insect :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
arn't arachneds(SP?) part of the insect family?

Outlander

Part of the furniture
spiders and moths are Gods that control the night, thats why they only appear when its dark :E

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:
spiders and moths are Gods that control the night, thats why they only appear when its dark :E

except the one's you see in the garden, on the spider webs>.<

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Had a quite similar incident with a fly 4 years ago when I had my shocking bad year of mishaps. This one pretty much sums up what being 18 was like for me though...

I was sitting down in my front room enjoying a wubbly fried breakfast (In the evening :D) and was starting to save all the nice bits on my plate til last like you do. Just before I was about to put the last bits onto my fork I noticed a fly fall down in front of me onto the table. After noting its stillness for just a couple of seconds, it jumped at me. It first bounced off my forehead, then off my temple and then went straight into my ear.

Instinct reaction, I yelled, pulled my little finger up and jammed it in my ear violently. Unfortunately, not only did it NOT kill the lil bastard but it just pushed it deeper into my ear. So there I was with a fly in my ear, twitching violently everytime it flapped its wings not knowing what to do. I can't even begin to describe how strange it is having a live insect in your ear, trying to crawl its way about, flap its wings and scratching away at your sensitive inners.

Luckily I wasn't at home alone at the time and the mother was there to lend a hand and she went straight for the cooking oil. Running towards the sink to try and flush it out, she stopped me, I tilted my head and we drowned the bastard! HAR!

Out came the tweezers but it was too deep in my ear so off we went to the hospital. With all the stupid injuries I had that year the woman at reception even know my name and when I mentioned the problem, I could tell she just wanted to laugh at me :p

I was seen to quickly and using a miniture sucktion (sp?) pump the doctor pulled out a large deep ball of wax and the twisted sodden remains of the fly and I'll tell you what; I've never had better hearing after that moment in my entire life :D

Insects why you asked? I have no idea :(

Zakoraya

Fledgling Freddie
There are other ways to deal with Moths. I got loads and loads this summer, but luckily I also have my Moth Destroying Machine... my cat. I called her Crocodile when i was 5, she enjoys destroying all insects and then eating them (mice too, but mainly insects cos they are more common.)

Instead of a bat i recommend a cat, they seriously farm insects (at least mine does) ^^

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Insects why you asked? I have no idea :(

that story is the shit

Zakoraya said:
Instead of a bat i recommend a cat, they seriously farm insects (at least mine does) ^^

dont cats stay out all the time, and just come back for food, some what like buying a teenager...

Tinneth said:
Man thats disturbing

it was a disturbing story:p insects arn't pritty:p

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Moths - Pointless , randomly bat into your head for no reason, and they eat clothes in dusty old wardrobes ^^

Spiders - Here to eat flys ? , but then without fly's u dont need spiders, flys eat shit ? but shit is biodegradable anyway , and tbh i dunno how much shit flys eat, i thought they laid thier eggs in it and made maggots , which = more flies, so erm, pointless insect. Birds eat spiders (well some do, lol even a spider that eats birds iirc somewhere) but birds also eat other crap so spider = pointless.

Bees, bees i can understand as they carry pollen from flower to flower etc and help more grow, tho i can live without honey.

Wasps - Pointless Evul annoying bastards, same as soddin Hornets, and Gnats, and Dragonflys and Craneflyies... i mean ffs what pointless creatures.

Humans are ofc worse in every way tho :p

But aye.. insects.. why ?

Oh dont forget Catterpillers/Silverfish/Crickets/Slugs/Snails.. etc..

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Had a spider living next to the toilet for 3 months, had its little home there. Nothing realy happen other than he took a run and eat some microscopic creatures eye cant see.
Thats what good with spiders and alot of other insect. You know how much small things that live in your beds or anywhere realy. Its totaly crawling with little buggers. If you let a few harmless spiders live in your house they will eat up alot of the things that might not be that harmless if they get to many.

kvalster.jpg

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
iirc camel spider is not actuallya spider

correct they only have 6 legs, nasty buggers though as they jump at you! Few years back I walked into a washroom on a Golf Course in Oman saw one on the sink. I froze and started to move back when it raised its front legs acting all hard then jumped straight on my chest. Managed to beat it off then ran out. At least I was in the right place to shit myself ;)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I've had a tarantula that was around 15 years, she was pretty big. Used to keep her walking around on my head and face just so I could cuddle with her when I wanted. Then I traded her for 3 babysnakes that were insane, God I regret that trade but what's traded is traded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom