Information on RvR Group

Poox

Loyal Freddie
At the moment in the group i've got

Cleric <These are definatly already in group>
Theurgist
Mercenary
Sorcerer

I need some advice for what to put into free spot, this is for RvR gank group.

I myself was thinking Cabalist - damage, mercenary - damage, friar - heal, damage, BG

Thanks.

Poox

Loyal Freddie
But if we have friar both the Sorc AND Theurg don't die...

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

aye, ive had to BG 3 casters sometimes on my friar, it works well if your any good:)

Zede

Part of the furniture
2nd merc, you always need 2 mercs on fg vs fg fights.

Martok

Part of the furniture
secound merc or maybe minstrel am3 + sos 1 both are invunrable!

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
friar for resists +gra/bg

caba for disease to stop kiting the assist train, nearsight, and nasty dmg

one of those two.. but then you've got a "RVR tank grp" with 1 merc Oo

Zede

Part of the furniture
unfortunately, it just boils down to one thing - the Charge ability.

With the silly amount of interupts these days, you absolutely need to have at least 2 tanks with charge2 ability. unless the casters have MoC, against any decent group interupts are gonna happen, casters are pretty usless if they cannot cast !

my set up :

cleric
cleric
merc
merc
pally
friar
sorc

theurgist/cabbie/reaver/mini for the last spot interupt spot - be it nearsight, pb pulse, twf, pets, disease, stun etc..

The first 7 listed would be mandatory in my book. Albs are gimped m8s, we just cannot fit into 8 what the other realms can, but heck we all know that :)

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Think thats the best alb setup zede.

Personally Id go with a tri spec cabby to get some NS, AoE disease, AoE snare to interupt and a body debuff for the sorc to assist on.

Poox

Loyal Freddie
Well guys, I need a final answer.. the 3 i've got and i already knew it was one of the three was merc, friar, caba

the group is this

Paladin
Reaver
Cleric
Cleric
Theurgist
Mercenary
Sorcerer

there is one space, please just say which one of merc,friar,caba would fit the BEST into the group, making us more able to win our gank group battles.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Hmm

Isnt Evita's group a gank group?

But they use a fire wiz :eek7: :puke:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Take an Armsman... FFS.

Doesn't really matter what you take as long as the people play together as a team and the players are not some kind of no-brainers.

Playing together as a team will take a bit...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
Doesn't really matter what you take as long as the people play together as a team and the players are not some kind of no-brainers.

Point taken

Armsmen arnt 1337 enough for some people :puke:

You could have the 1337est group setup on server and still get wiped everytime, usually happens when people get pled all the way to 50.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Graendel said:
We tend to think of it as charity rps..

..for Maelstrom :(

Actually Thadius was not right. We don't use a Fire Wizzard, the Fire Wizzard uses us to get ARPEES!

Evil Graendel!

;-)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
Actually Thadius was not right. We don't use a Fire Wizzard, the Fire Wizzard uses us to get ARPEES!

Evil Graendel!

;-)

Granny gets abused by Inconnu's? :eek:

Glerina

Fledgling Freddie
I'd probably prefer a merc too, though you can argue about wether your reaver plays more offensive or defensive...
and then again my opinion isn't worth really much as I don't know very much about it...just that I'd prefer a merc ;)
(oh and friar is good for bg and all the other things yes, but in fg fights friars most of the time don't do too much damage as they have other things to do and hang back with the casters...at least that's what I do and that doesn't mean that it's good of course :))

to sum it up: I'd take a merc.

Martok

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:
Hmm

Isnt Evita's group a gank group?

But they use a fire wiz :eek7: :puke:

we are a gank group now <looks confused> i thought we were just a buntch out m8s who play together lots have lots of fun and kill stuff occasionaly :fluffle:

and tbh either merc or tri spec cabby for your group (id go for the cabby personaly)

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
With the setup you've listed and all things being equal (ie a reasonable player available to play the final spot ) then I'd have to day a Caba as well...

Mercs with charge are nice but Caba just brings more toys to the fight...

Martok

Part of the furniture
and according to zade our group

1x mincer
1x merc
1x reaver
1x fire wiz
1x sorc
2x cleric

should loose alot but tbh we dont anymore we used to when we started but you learn adapt and become better the only way you can learn is by loosing tbh!

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Armsmen arnt 1337 enough for some people :puke:
That's not really it. Just how many 'leet' armsmen are there about atm? Cormac used to be my personal favorite, but how many toa'ed (not just a temp, but something comparable to maxed-out other classes) ml10 high-rr armsmen are there out now, who've actually played the class for a long time and play them well? I'd say, zero.
Caba could be nice, especially in a tank-heavy group, for disease/ns, as it's a LOT easier for the tanks to keep up with the perma-sprinting enemies without going ooe all the time.
A reaver could be an option, tho they lack dmg compared to mercs/armsmen/caba's (imo) and for some silly reason most of them tend to forget they have slam :rolleyes: A reaver who actually knows how to play instead of just dropping twf and joins ma train slamming targets can be nice tho.

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
Straef said:
That's not really it. Just how many 'leet' armsmen are there about atm? Cormac used to be my personal favorite, but how many toa'ed (not just a temp, but something comparable to maxed-out other classes) ml10 high-rr armsmen are there out now, who've actually played the class for a long time and play them well? I'd say, zero.
Caba could be nice, especially in a tank-heavy group, for disease/ns, as it's a LOT easier for the tanks to keep up with the perma-sprinting enemies without going ooe all the time.
A reaver could be an option, tho they lack dmg compared to mercs/armsmen/caba's (imo) and for some silly reason most of them tend to forget they have slam :rolleyes: A reaver who actually knows how to play instead of just dropping twf and joins ma train slamming targets can be nice tho.

COUGH Mactavish :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom