Information for hibs! Animalists!!

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
I can't believe some people still find it "fair" that Animists can put shrooms up there that are unkillable.
If the shrooms where killable people wouldn't mind as 1 PB clears them as fast as 1 PB clears theurgist pets but you can't kill them, sometimes you can't even target them and if you can it will still say target not in view or something like that.
I seriously wouldn't mind hibs spamming shrooms all over the keep/tower if only they were killable which they are not.
What if theurgists pets would become unkillable would you think Hibs/Mids wouldn't care about that?

Most people dont seem to have any problems killing my FnFs with 1 specnuke, ae-dot, pbae or an arrow (though most archers try to stay hidden until they can get to shoot at me instead. Dont know why you should have any problems with them? Shrooms are not "unkillable", that is unless you try to run into a shroomfield and melee them down, 1 by 1, with your cleric? Then i could see why you think they are as tough as you say. Would guess healers, shamans, druids, wardens and bards would have the same problems with any pets, be it controllable or FnFs. FnFs seems to have no resistances whatsoever. And thats why they usually go down in 1 hit (by a class that can cause any damage that is). Best thing would ofc be to mezz them, if you can.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Good point about the difference between Mythics stance and GOAs stance, iirc GOA said they wouldn't do anything or rule against something in a different way that Mythic would rule, meaning that if Mythic are saying this isn't bug abuse, then GOA can't say it.

Luz: according to the GOA rule it's not acceptable to cast them onto a keep/tower you are attacking, but you can cast them on a keep you are defending... bit silly.

Ofc, there are some towers where it does seem that it's legal to cast the shrooms onto the walls when attacking. Towers with hills beside them, like Crim 3 for example which has a hill to the north of it that is within the 1000 range of the tower and well within the 250 units height, mean that you can cast onto the walls from there...

Treeeebeard

Fledgling Freddie
Casting shrooms on oil 'inside' a keep is fine as far as i know, Not above the height limit And they are killable when you actualy try to kill them as ive seen them be killed a few times by pbaoe ect. The only time you carnt kill them is when you get a message like this.

'You may not cast a spell while you are dead!'

But yeh, Anis are overpowerd, Shrooms are ott ect ect. Same old..

They are an independant company and as such can make independant decisions maybe?

If you dont like GoA and prefer mythic why not go play the US servers instead and stop whining about GoA?

If you dont like Animist and prefer a game without them why not go play the WoW servers and stop whining about Animist?

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
Why do ppl have to cast the shrooms that exact spot???
My guess would be that if they are lucky they get unkillable
shrooms ....

What we can do is wait and see what goa will do.
Might not be illegal but still lame.. Try to see it from the other
side...

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Leleith said:
Most people dont seem to have any problems killing my FnFs with 1 specnuke, ae-dot, pbae or an arrow (though most archers try to stay hidden until they can get to shoot at me instead. Dont know why you should have any problems with them? Shrooms are not "unkillable", that is unless you try to run into a shroomfield and melee them down, 1 by 1, with your cleric? Then i could see why you think they are as tough as you say. Would guess healers, shamans, druids, wardens and bards would have the same problems with any pets, be it controllable or FnFs. FnFs seems to have no resistances whatsoever. And thats why they usually go down in 1 hit (by a class that can cause any damage that is). Best thing would ofc be to mezz them, if you can.

Obviously you only play Hibernia so I shall explain it a bit more.
Even if you stand ontop of a shroom you cannot hit/nuke/mez/attack it in any way, this has nothing to do with me trying to take down shrooms with my Cleric as I wont even try that this has to do with people being unable to nuke them because they are not in view even when you are standing really really close with no objects between you and the shroom.
This doesn't apply to all spots where Animists place shrooms but around 75% in and around keep/tower area's.
Shrooms in an open field act normal and can be killed when you have LoS, shrooms in certain area's of a keep/tower cannot be killed even if you have LoS and stand extremely close, hope this will make a few things more clear for you.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I guess he hasnt seen my little vid I did when I tried to pbae a bunch of shrooms standing right on top of them hitting noone.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I think I spend a good minute trying to melee a shroom at Surs T2 the other night before I realized I couldn't hit it. :( Had to make myself scarce though, Jamie was coming for me.. :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
VidX said:
Don't start arguing about semantics with me, you won't win.
Hah, such ego. The fact remains that it is impossible to kill shrooms inside the oil, and you still think it is okay to do it? Disappointing attitude.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Hah, such ego. The fact remains that it is impossible to kill shrooms inside the oil, and you still think it is okay to do it? Disappointing attitude.

You see Belomar, Hibs convinicently ignore the fact that it seems there is a high chance shrooms become unkillable when they do that. They then tell band-camp stories of how they once saw a friends borrowed animists little brother, who also had an animist, cast some shrooms there and they got killed.

But guess what? Chances are, that they become unkillable! You know this, GoA know this and the Albs and Mids that get shroomed to death with -no means of retaliation- know this. So, please keep on doing it, and Hib/Pry may keep their welfare underpopulated bonus a little longer.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Treeeebeard said:
If you dont like Animist and prefer a game without them why not go play the WoW servers and stop whining about Animist?

Never played wow, not going too. So why would i go play WoW servers? They got DAoC as well now?

And i didn't say i would prefer a game without animalists, just that they shouldnt abuse things such as this.. <shrug> Guess you cant see the difference but then not surprised because who you are.

Belomar said:

Aye i agree with you there Belo... it why i didn't even take the bait. Let him think he better then the rest of us so that he can sleep easy at night :p

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Corran said:
Never played wow, not going too. So why would i go play WoW servers? They got DAoC as well now?

And i didn't say i would prefer a game without animalists, just that they shouldnt abuse things such as this.. <shrug> Guess you cant see the difference but then not surprised because who you are.

Aye i agree with you there Belo... it why i didn't even take the bait. Let him think he better then the rest of us so that he can sleep easy at night :p
Ok, so point out where exactly I said it wasn't bug abuse to cast the shrooms on the exact spot the oil is, making it virtually impossible to kill them with anything except gtaoe, agro pets or a lucky pbaoe? I didn't, infact I said that I agree they should be reported, multiple times.

What I did say, however, is that you cannot possibly argue that casting shrooms as above is not the same (i.e.: bug abuse) as theur/chanter/necro/cabbie/whatever pets casting through keep walls or archers killing targets seconds after they actually went out of view.

I wasn't baiting you, I was pointing out the fact that what I said cannot be disputed.

Once again, incase you are really as stupid as you are letting on, I AGREE THAT THEY NEED TO BE REPORTED, AS DO ALL BUG ABUSERS UNTIL THE BUGS ARE FIXED. You understand?

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Why do ppl have to cast the shrooms that exact spot???

Probably because its near the oil!?

if enemy are so fed up with getting "pwnd" by shrooms, Today for example was about 4-5 of us (2 anis / mana ment / support) that held a tower when gates went, about 2-3 FG's albs rushed & got ganked by the shroom field. If you have the RIGHT classes shrooms are not a prob, *cough*AE doT*cough*

Maybe if some albs notice theres more than just "scouts" that can be rolled to help your realm you would find situations with shrooms alot easier ;)

Those that abuse the los bug with shrooms & if they know they are abusing it then yup, they should be dealt with.. but most ppl QQ when they get ganked by shroom field becuase they rush inside right into it where they are clearly in los...amusing tbh :)

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Obviously you only play Hibernia so I shall explain it a bit more

I´ve got 4 level 50s on mid/excal, tyvm

Obviously you only play albion. You should try to play an animist once? :)

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
bugabusingretardednoobidiotstupidfucker animist, short form.

Such a harsh language for the poor gimps ;<

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:
How comes GOA takes independent decisions when they want?
If i check camelotherald "Crap" Bags i can't see mentioned, nor in any part of site, that this feature of Animists it's a bug abuse.
Even the Animist TL (who actually speaks with dev teams in Usa) described it as a perfectly legal tactic during Keep Sieges.
Wierd to say the least.
I invite any folk who eventually will get a warning from GOA to send an email to Mythic and ask em what they think about their European Counterpart Contractor considering a "feature" of their game as a bug abuse.

Let the Animist TL be a stupid hypocrite and the developer teams be noob programmers.

Shroomers and all the LOS bugs mentioned here so far are just a pain in the ass for ages and everyone exploiting that stuff on purpose deserves a good spank including those people who are responsible for the code enabling such behaviour.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Never mind the spiteful Hibs, as always jealously defending their favorite pet spammer; I encourage every Mid and Alb who sees this happen to report the incident via RightNow. It seems that the only language some Hibs will recognize is by getting a number of them banned before they get the message.

Septina

Part of the furniture
boppas said:
If you have the RIGHT classes shrooms are not a prob, *cough*AE doT*cough*

Have you ever actually played against shrooms?
The fact is that shrooms in keeps, placed almost anywhere gets 99% unkillable.
Meaning you cant cc, melee or cast any type of spells on them.

It's easy to put the blame on albs 'bad tictacs' but if you actually had to deal with shroom farms in keeps yourself, your attitude would be quite different tbh. :)

Just 2 nights ago at Eras, hibs are sieging the keep, walls down and they have like 3 animists spamming shrooms at the main gate.
Try to mezz the shrooms from the hole 'Not in View Not in View Not in View' etc.
Make a run for it, port in at 70% hp or so and still die inside ~3 secs later.
Quite fun tbh :)

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
So shrooms get unkillable 99% of the times in keeps/towers?
And you wonder why I place them where you cant hit them?
Well suposedly I only have 1% chance of getting the shrooms where you want them and where you can hit them!

If you play an animist what would you do? Stop shrooming at all?

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
VidX said:
Ok, so point out where exactly I said it wasn't bug abuse to cast the shrooms on the exact spot the oil is, making it virtually impossible to kill them with anything except gtaoe, agro pets or a lucky pbaoe? I didn't, infact I said that I agree they should be reported, multiple times.

What I did say, however, is that you cannot possibly argue that casting shrooms as above is not the same (i.e.: bug abuse) as theur/chanter/necro/cabbie/whatever pets casting through keep walls or archers killing targets seconds after they actually went out of view.

I wasn't baiting you, I was pointing out the fact that what I said cannot be disputed.

Once again, incase you are really as stupid as you are letting on, I AGREE THAT THEY NEED TO BE REPORTED, AS DO ALL BUG ABUSERS UNTIL THE BUGS ARE FIXED. You understand?

social skillz ftw m8, if u cant understand the msg that everyone read between the lines in your post, then its not corran being stupid tbh

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Manisch Depressiv said:
Let the Animist TL be a stupid hypocrite and the developer teams be noob programmers.

Shroomers and all the LOS bugs mentioned here so far are just a pain in the ass for ages and everyone exploiting that stuff on purpose deserves a good spank including those people who are responsible for the code enabling such behaviour.

My point wasn't aimed at justify coding lacks of Animist from Mythic, but entirely aimed at pointing out that problem must be ackwnoledged by Mythic to change something, as long as Mythic states that Animists work that way i see absolutely NO reason y European Animists should be banned while US ones can happily carry on playing.

If GOA thinks that placing controllabe pet shroom on oil spot from an hill (i think that this is the point, didn't played my animist on new version so i dunno if they can still raise GT to place shrooms on oil from ground, and anyway if they can it CAN'T be bug abuse, else Mythic would have simplied coded GT to not be raisable on 1st instance) it's a bug abuse then i expect Mythic to state the same; or GOA to bugger Mythic to fix the problem before banning players. Anyway as long as Mythic doesn't state it as a bug abuse my point stands.

And i can feel the pain of LOS problems from other players, but u can't blame animists players for a Mythic shame, period.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Luz said:
If you play an animist what would you do? Stop shrooming at all?
No, but maybe refrain from placing them in spots where they have been verified to be bugged, i.e. inside the oil. If not, prepare to be served a few days of suspension.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
I am not worried, I hardly use shrooms when defending because they die to fast. Atleast mine does, but I guess others are unkillable.

Anyhow, please let my bombers out of doors!

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Funny, hot topic about GoA politics and still no official answer.

Even more funny there is still people thinking that animists place their shrooms in oil without knowing they will be unkillable thus shutting down door defense.

All them realm mates defending bug abusers is just hilarious, wtg, blame theurgs and savages more please.

Not that I really think something will happen, it's not that shrooms show a tag with their owners on screenshots, and I somewhat doubt it's the sort of information that it's saved on logs unless requested.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Never mind the spiteful Hibs, as always jealously defending their favorite pet spammer; I encourage every Mid and Alb who sees this happen to report the incident via RightNow. It seems that the only language some Hibs will recognize is by getting a number of them banned before they get the message.

If you had verified the story with Xalin you would have seen the entire thread is mixing up two different things. Coran verified with Xalin if it was against the rules to place shrooms somewhere where the animist (godsake, not animalist) can KNOW it will be unkillable. THAT is against the rules. The animist, if he has the knowledge that his shrooms are unkillable, should remove those shrooms at once. Intentionally placing shrooms somewhere which cant be killed is a bug-abuse and thus can be treated as offense etc.

However in alot of keepfights the animist has no idea his shrooms arent killable. You dont get any feedback as animist saying 'Congratulations; this shroom is here to stay for 2minutes megam8'.

So if your intentions are wrong ---> bug-abuse. Xalin confirmed the same could be said about controlled-pet users chainhealing their buffed pet inside a tower/keep of the enemy with the intention to kill people who they normally couldnt kill. I think Im gonna start make screenies of every cabalist chainhealing his pet hugging the tower-wall in an attempt to kill me inside a tower :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Yma said:
Even more funny there is still people thinking that animists place their shrooms in oil without knowing they will be unkillable thus shutting down door defense.

First of all: Animist normally can ONLY summon the controlled pet onto the oil. NOT the FnF ones. Second of all: The animist will in 999/1000 cases summon the verdant controlled pet on the oil in an attempt to kill the cauldron of oil. This verdant pet has no ranged damage-attack; it can only melee and do a 'taunt shout' every 3 secs which does NO damage. Depending on the spec of the animist he can channel a weak or medium PBAE through the pet (my animist who has the strongest PBAE for the pet caps out at 675)

Third, and most important of all, the controlled shroom can be killed on the oil unless it has a bad snap-on point. The game decides where it snaps-on EXACTLY, the animist only can set it 'roughly' to a GT. Ive seen my shroom die in seconds after I put it on the oil, and Ive seen shrooms like in the movie of Virrfast/Mani/xxManiacxx who appear perfectly normal on the ground and be unkillable.

Stop spreading the misinformation please; you make it sound like every animist is a bug-abuser. There's probably a handful animist who summon turrets willingly on places with the attemp to make it unkillable. Report those; I fully agree. But saying all animist are bug-abusing wankers goes way too far.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Old.Ilum said:
social skillz ftw m8, if u cant understand the msg that everyone read between the lines in your post, then its not corran being stupid tbh
Yeah, my posts actually contain top-secret code saying "haha silly-ass Albs and Mids, keep abusing those shrooms guys, 'tis well funneh!".

Or maybe they actually say what they say....

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Stop spreading the misinformation please; you make it sound like every animist is a bug-abuser.

Saying all animist are bug-abusing wankers goes way too far.

They're not? You mean all Hibs and Mids aren't? Damn, there goes my entire belief system :p

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
A shroom that destroy the oil still make a diffrece in the fight.
I play animist on excal and still have no problem seeing this is wrong.

Mostly this is Mythics fault coz of bad coding making it possible in the 1st place.

But hopefully some animists read this and have good judgment.
Coz there is bug abusing animists out there.
Even if u hibs dont want to admit it...Not all of them but still

Zede

Part of the furniture
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.79c Release Notes
Animists Hotfix
May 23, 2006

===================================

Animist Mushrooms
------------------

Of couse we at Mythic have know about all the various Line of Sight issues surrounding the placement of Animist Mushrooms for the last 3 years. Fact is, if we had been bothered to fix this when we should of years ago, we are pretty sure half the population of all Hibernian realms would leave the game.

We know unkillable mushrooms give Hibernia a substantial advantage, especially in keep defence. It is a an unquestionable fact now that on 90% of the DaoC servers worldwide Hibernia controls 4 or more relics, and has done for 6 months or more.

With this "hotfix" we will absolutely guarantee that mushrooms will now be killable 50% of the time, even if you have direct close up Line of Sight - shit you didnt think we would sort out all the bugs do you ?????? Give us another 3 years, we should have it fixed by then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom