Information for hibs! Animalists!!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ok, before i start this is not a whine. It does annoy me yes because like today the hibs only got Eras due to abusing this.

PLACING SHROOMS ON OIL INSIDE A KEEP IS DEEMED ILLEGAL AND AS SUCH ACTION CAN AND WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU.

The action of placing shrooms on oil is deemed as Geometry exploit as was described a while back in a friday news. I had a conversation with Xalin today after this happened again at Eras and he confirmed that it is not a legal thing to do.

The animalists involved today were mentioned to them in rightnow reports sent by a few people, so if action taken against them accounts then hopefully it will make others think twice. Wether they know it or not is not an issue as you should read the friday news.

Hibs. I would advice that when raiding keeps you make people aware of this because i will report it everytime i see it happening because it becoming to regular an occurance again and it makes a keep undefendable.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
It's really annoying I must agree, had an Ice wiz PBAE'ing next to the oil when Hibs put 10+ shrooms up there but not even that would hit them though the shrooms were perfectly able to hit everyone inside.
Hope Mythic will make a fix soon about shrooms because it's a pain to all realms also Hibs not knowing exactly where you can and cannot place your shrooms.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
It's really annoying I must agree, had an Ice wiz PBAE'ing next to the oil when Hibs put 10+ shrooms up there but not even that would hit them though the shrooms were perfectly able to hit everyone inside.
Hope Mythic will make a fix soon about shrooms because it's a pain to all realms also Hibs not knowing exactly where you can and cannot place your shrooms.

One would think, that people going to the trouble of placing the shrooms on the oil knows they can't be killed, thus exploiting by intention.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
One would think, that people going to the trouble of placing the shrooms on the oil knows they can't be killed, thus exploiting by intention.
You dirty mind, how you even dare to imagine they're doing it by purpose ?!

They're innocent, I tell you ... it's all bad luck, you're placing your shrooms mindlessy and BAM! you mistakenly stack em on oil, even if you really hate the smell of fried shrooms.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Azathrim said:

Word :cool:

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Guess it's time to start chain-reporting theurgists then if I get hit by their pets while inside a keep...

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Guess it's time to start chain-reporting theurgists then if I get hit by their pets while inside a keep...

Heh, that wasn't the issue now, was it?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
VidX said:

If it has been acknowledged as bug abusing go ahead.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
VidX said:
Don't think that's quite the same thing -.-

Corran

Part of the furniture
VidX said:

Go ahead but you be wasting your time i am guessing. This is not about the fact you get nuked by shrooms when you already inside the keep, that isnt even got anything to do with this but it is the equivelent of what you are talking about. That isnt abusing geometry or a bug. That is just a coding issue that isnt fixed. Every pet class with a nuking pet (theurg, animalist, chanter, sm etc) has that issue but it isnt about that now is it? That a totally different issue.

Would you rather me not remind people of this issue Vidx and just straight report them all? To be honest i thought i being far here to warn your realm that they would be in threat of suspensions if they continue this. But with reactions like yours i dont know why i bother.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home

Don't forget Necro's standing in wall's, while there pet's safe (inside some tower) and nuking the crap out of ya.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
The summoning of the Turrets of the animists - also known as "mushrooms" - is normally limited in height at a distance of 250 units when attacking a keep owned by an enemy. This represents about the height of three normal characters from the place where the caster stands. Players who have animists are then warned that the summoning of their turrets to a place higher during RvR attacks than that is thus a bug exploitation, that might be punished

This is the exact info taken from the GOA-website. If for example you put up the controlled shroom from verdant spec on the oil; is that an exploit? Its not a real turret and EVEN on the ground at the door it can touch the oil.

I would like to hear a specific about this issue from GOA personally; seeing as on US this is *NOT* considered an exploit (its a feature from the animist-class; and also stated by the TL) oO.

Kinda weird in the end : An animist cant use bombers in tower-fights, the lifetap is sub-par (give DD179 level 50 lifetap kkthnx) and now its suddenly bannable to use shrooms on the oil?

What about disallowing wizards to use bolts in towerfights oO And all the cabalists chainhealing their bugged pet inside a tower (even ML9'ing it) know too well they are bugabusing but then suddenly its different :O

Merino

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
... the hibs only got Eras due to abusing this.
PLACING SHROOMS ON OIL INSIDE A KEEP IS DEEMED ILLEGAL AND AS SUCH ACTION CAN AND WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU.
The action of placing shrooms on oil is deemed as Geometry exploit as was described a while back in a friday news. ...

Are you referring to this? (Copied and pasted from Friday news)

"Warning about bug exploitations of Animists
The summoning of the Turrets of the animists - also known as "mushrooms" - is normally limited in height at a distance of 250 units when attacking a keep owned by an enemy. This represents about the height of three normal characters from the place where the caster stands. Players who have animists are then warned that the summoning of their turrets to a place higher during RvR attacks than that is thus a bug exploitation, that might be punished."

As I understand from this quote, placing shrooms 250 units above yourself is considered abusive.
Alas you are speaking about the inside of the keep and we all know that the oil hookpoints are actually below the rooftop of the towers and the CK. Lots of nukers and archers climb the to the top of a tower to kill oilers from there. If an animist places his shrooms from the tower down onto the oil hookpoint/alcove, he places his shrooms below, not above himself.
If the animists placed their shrooms from the groundfloor up, then yes, you are correctly speaking about a violation of rules. Make sure the evidence you sent to Rightnow is conclusive.

I don't have an animist toon myself, nor was I at Eras. I'm not defending anyone, just want to point out that bug abuse claims should be properly documented and made on a solid base, no one likes to be called a cheater.

Merino, Champion
Yeyi, Mentalist

Edit: Nerf Puppets' typing skills while I was still skillfully drafting my contribution to the discussion....

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Corran said:
Go ahead but you be wasting your time i am guessing. This is not about the fact you get nuked by shrooms when you already inside the keep, that isnt even got anything to do with this but it is the equivelent of what you are talking about. That isnt abusing geometry or a bug. That is just a coding issue that isnt fixed. Every pet class with a nuking pet (theurg, animalist, chanter, sm etc) has that issue but it isnt about that now is it? That a totally different issue.

Would you rather me not remind people of this issue Vidx and just straight report them all? To be honest i thought i being far here to warn your realm that they would be in threat of suspensions if they continue this. But with reactions like yours i dont know why i bother.
I have no problem with them being reported, just as I will also have no problems reporting any archers who hit me while I'm in cover due to the 'coding problem' that causes their arrows to somehow go through solid walls when I duck out of sight before they fire the arrow, only to die 2-3 seconds later with a 30cm thick solid stone wall between me and where the arrow is coming from.

That is, if you're talking about coding issues, since that is what bugs are, coding issues. Placing 'shrooms on keep walls is only able to happen due to the fact it's a bug, therefore a coding issue. Getting hit by an arrow when you are clearly on the other side of a frickin' wall can only happen due to the fact it's a bug, therefore a coding issue. Getting hit by a pets spell through solid objects, like the aforementioned wall, can only happen due to the fact it's a bug, therefore a coding issue.

Don't start arguing about semantics with me, you won't win.

The only reason GOA have made 'shrooming the oil etc. a punishable offense is because enough people complained about it, otherwise nothing would have been done about it. If more people complain about getting hit by pets through walls, or by arrows, then you will find that the same thing will be applied until it's actually fixed by proper coding. Also, reporting it has the effect of giving a time for anyone who is bothered to be able to look at the incident, see what piece of code or what combination of events were able to allow the 'bug abuse' to happen, therefore resulting in it being fixed faster. Nothing stopping Mythic applying a 'can the pet see the target?' code to each cast, bit like the one that's applied to me that asks 'can the tall elf see the 200ft tall mob over that tiny rock?' resulting in a 'target not in view' message. It's another example of poor coding and a 'we can't be arsed' excuse by Mythic.

Yes, I agree that they should be reported, but I also think that you are wrong saying that it's a completely different thing from getting hit by pet spells while inside a keep, since they are both bug abuse, coding issues, whatever way you want to put it. Deliberate or not, should still have the same consequences for the offender, as it usually has the same consequences for those who are on the receiving end of the abusive action.

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
IMO report every1 for everything then u will maybe be happy :twak:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
How comes GOA takes independent decisions when they want?
If i check camelotherald "Crap" Bags i can't see mentioned, nor in any part of site, that this feature of Animists it's a bug abuse.
Even the Animist TL (who actually speaks with dev teams in Usa) described it as a perfectly legal tactic during Keep Sieges.
Wierd to say the least.
I invite any folk who eventually will get a warning from GOA to send an email to Mythic and ask em what they think about their European Counterpart Contractor considering a "feature" of their game as a bug abuse.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
I am confused, is it illegal to put my lv5 melee shroom on oil when ATTACKING a tower/keep? (and when done so it has been killed several times so whats the bug?)

Or is it illegal to put my shrooms on the oil when DEFENDING a keep/tower? (Also my shrooms been killed here so whats the bug again?)

And fyi I can only put my ONE controllable pet on the oil from below (when attacking tower), not FnF ones. I tought that was the way it was meant to be?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Luz said:
And fyi I can only put my ONE controllable pet on the oil from below (when attacking tower), not FnF ones. I tought that was the way it was meant to be?

According to Mythic and the Animist-TL its exactly right how it works now. The controlled pet you can put up; the FnF shrooms you cant.

I tried on my animist to get FnF shrooms up; I cant; while its perfectly fine working for controllable pet. Same GT etc. With the FnF I get a message you cant cast above you etc.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, exactly. so is that what I will get reported for? :eek7:

I dont understand ;O

givf my bombers AI to exit doors instead please.

A

Aoln

Well if the people who don't have to fight it think it's fair, then i think it should be fair aswell!!!

A

Aoln

VidX said:
I have no problem with them being reported, just as I will also have no problems reporting any archers who hit me while I'm in cover due to the 'coding problem' that causes their arrows to somehow go through solid walls when I duck out of sight before they fire the arrow, only to die 2-3 seconds later with a 30cm thick solid stone wall between me and where the arrow is coming from.
I take it you don't play your ranger, that bug was fixed several patches ago in old frontiers. Unless you mean when the arrow is already in the air, and then in that case, lets ban all the bolters and all the casters who are half way through their nukes while you port inside aswell :m00:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:
How comes GOA takes independent decisions when they want?
If i check camelotherald "Crap" Bags i can't see mentioned, nor in any part of site, that this feature of Animists it's a bug abuse.
Even the Animist TL (who actually speaks with dev teams in Usa) described it as a perfectly legal tactic during Keep Sieges.
Wierd to say the least.
I invite any folk who eventually will get a warning from GOA to send an email to Mythic and ask em what they think about their European Counterpart Contractor considering a "feature" of their game as a bug abuse.

They are an independant company and as such can make independant decisions maybe?

If you dont like GoA and prefer mythic why not go play the US servers instead and stop whining about GoA?

Gamah

Banned
Corran said:
They are an independant company and as such can make independant decisions maybe?

If you dont like GoA and prefer mythic why not go play the US servers instead and stop whining about GoA?

He doesn't play doac...hes a wow gimp.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I can't believe some people still find it "fair" that Animists can put shrooms up there that are unkillable.
If the shrooms where killable people wouldn't mind as 1 PB clears them as fast as 1 PB clears theurgist pets but you can't kill them, sometimes you can't even target them and if you can it will still say target not in view or something like that.
I seriously wouldn't mind hibs spamming shrooms all over the keep/tower if only they were killable which they are not.
What if theurgists pets would become unkillable would you think Hibs/Mids wouldn't care about that?

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Animalists fortehwin!!onepnepne!

You know if they put the shrooms on oil cauldron from the ground, or from a battlement. Seems mythic made it so you cant cast shrooms higher up than a characters height (or length, wahtever you prefer to call it), ie, about 250 units up, i think. Ive experimented some with my animist on one of our own tower and keep. Have tried to cast shrooms on oil-spot from the ground, but it seems to be impossible now. So they probably cast the shrooms from a battlement. Then it isnt illegal, as far as i understand. Lame maybe, but not illegal. As they arent casting the shrooms higher up than their char is standing. If they WERE casting from ground, up to oil, then it would be an exploit.

Peace!

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Didn't see any albs whining about "fair" when reaverbombs could wipe a whole zerg. But then again, most albs are retarded :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Rami said:
Didn't see any albs whining about "fair" when reaverbombs could wipe a whole zerg. But then again, most albs are retarded :p

I could say the same about most hibs or mids.. Would be an uneducated comment like yours though because dont know most of their population :p

And yes it wasnt fair, just like bugged savage quads werent fair, just like asd spamming wasnt fair etc.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Corran said:

Cause provided i can play what and where the fuck i prefer without having to give u reasons, in other circumstances they said they couldn't act independently from Mythic decisions?

Move along ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom