Information for hibs! Animalists!!

Treeeebeard

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Never played wow, not going too. So why would i go play WoW servers? They got DAoC as well now?

And i didn't say i would prefer a game without animalists, just that they shouldnt abuse things such as this.. <shrug> Guess you cant see the difference but then not surprised because who you are.

Plase explain in more detail about 'Who I am' ? Or was you ment to be implying on who my charcters are.

But on the subject of reporting anis who stick pets in a unkillible postion, Do it, Dosnt effect me, If anything its getting rid of the leechers who make my RP's less :D . Like Players like puppet I prefer to only use PBAOE verd pet and my level 39 Pbaoe on oil, And I dont put it IN the oil I stick it just in melee range so i can get a better coverage on pbaoe in 'Keep' takes, If it becomes invincible theres not much way I can tell as i havnt seen one invincible before but althoguh I will take your word and others for it as i woudlnt be supprised with the amount of bugs there is in the game, And i dont bother with shrooms no more in tower takes accept to cover door and attack gate on main.
I would give up all FnF dmg turrets just for mythic to Fix Orbs, Raise LT damage and give us a good CC abality or atleast Fix root so it actualy hit people before they run away from it.

P.S this beter work, tried to post ti last gnith but internet crashed on post ><

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
just for info the rule was "placing a turret over a certain hight above you (roughly 2-3 avarage toons high" now if its a tower yes your point is valid, but a ck your wrong WHY? easy stand on a wall = your not casting above you your casting same hight, if lower :p

ps: no such class as animalists!!!

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Have you ever actually played against shrooms?

Yup :)

I have a BD on mid/exc \o/ dont play him much mind, but same problem on exc wth shrooms, but a few times ive seen shammys kill shroom fields wit ae-dot :)

AE-DoT it covers a 350 rad. Surely if u landed a dot on 1shroom thats in los & kept spamming it, it would hit the others that you cant cast directly on ? 20 sec later shrooms dead.

As i said, i know sometimes *some* probably know where to put them where they are out of los...but alot of times ive been on defences & shrooms are clearly in sight & albs/mids try to run right through them & this is when alot of ppl QQ :eek: , when all it takes is for someone to spam AE-DoT on them! ..tbh i only remember 1 alb who was dot specd think the name was "Dotter" or summit like that, but not seen him/her lately? but thats the only alb i know of that ive been hit by an Ae-DoT! its probably the same on all realms for AE-DoT spec.. on hib Light ment is fotm, but i already had a nuker (my chanter) so went for summit different & liked the sound of mana ment able to crak5/HoT/mini heals etc & dot powa!.. AE-DoT is a very useful/annoying tool especially as i can stack it with my base dot \o/ ...low RR dots were nothing more than an annoyance, i might have got 1 or 2 kills now & then, but i rolled my mana ment knowing im not gunna be a ganking machine :p insaying that, now im rr5+ & have WP/MoM at reasonably high level my dots hit alot harder & land on average 250+crit, as long i keep spamming them they keep critting :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
boppas said:
AE-DoT it covers a 350 rad. Surely if u landed a dot on 1shroom thats in los & kept spamming it, it would hit the others that you cant cast directly on ? 20 sec later shrooms dead.

Ever seen Grymligasts vid?

And, most obviously you have never tried to PB in the middle of a shroom-field and never hit a thing. Nor tried to target a shroom you stand in the middle of, trying to cast on it, but being told it's out of view.

That's the problem with shrooms. Nothing else, nothing more, ok?

And yeah Puppet, let's not put this out of perspective. We know that a majority of Hibs are saints that would never even consider abusing a class like the Animist this way. However, it just so happens that they do, unknowingly ofcourse, quite often. I don't give a flying fish if they know about it, care one bit or have had their breakfast. I care about a bug that greatly imbalances the game and in some situations makes it unplayable for one side, the non-hib side.

Blame the hib players then? Well, not on a general principle ofcourse. But, now you have a situation where you are told that there is a high chance it will bug, and you defend repeated use of it? Well, hell the hib players should be blamed then!

Jjuraa

Banned
Gahn said:
Even the Animist TL (who actually speaks with dev teams in Usa) described it as a perfectly legal tactic during Keep Sieges.

well he would? i imagine any bug that allowed animist pets to be indestructable while nuking the shit out of defenders, animists would want to hold on to..

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
Ever seen Grymligasts vid?

And, most obviously you have never tried to PB in the middle of a shroom-field and never hit a thing. Nor tried to target a shroom you stand in the middle of, trying to cast on it, but being told it's out of view.

That's the problem with shrooms. Nothing else, nothing more, ok?

And yeah Puppet, let's not put this out of perspective. We know that a majority of Hibs are saints that would never even consider abusing a class like the Animist this way. However, it just so happens that they do, unknowingly ofcourse, quite often. I don't give a flying fish if they know about it, care one bit or have had their breakfast. I care about a bug that greatly imbalances the game and in some situations makes it unplayable for one side, the non-hib side.

Blame the hib players then? Well, not on a general principle ofcourse. But, now you have a situation where you are told that there is a high chance it will bug, and you defend repeated use of it? Well, hell the hib players should be blamed then!

So basically because the bug happens alot Hib players should be blamed?

a) Only a very small minority of Hib players actually play the animist class in RvR. There's only 10 players of the animist-classwho have more then 15k RP's this week.

b) The animist has ZERO control over the fact if a shroom becomes 'bugged' or not. One GT can be perfectly fine, one next to it be bugged. You set an approximate location with your groundtarget and your shroom comes where the game decides is the nearest snap-on.

c) The animist gets ZERO feedback that the shroom is placed in a bugged location. He/She doesnt know until an enemy players says so.

So its quite clear to me personally that despite the fact YOU think its highly likely that the animist does it on purpose, I think its very plausible he does NOT. IF it happens alot it must be a bug which is happening alot. That should be fixed; not some work-around / band-aid solution.

Also animist has been nerfed severly in keeps already. Cant make FnF's inside structures which are above you, Shrooms hp been dropped by 70%, cant use bombers in keeps (know any other class who cant use spec-nukes in a keep? Thought so); has no WORKING form of CC in keeps (cant root due to the fact its a bomber who wont go past objects inside a keep) and on top of that: An inferior lifetap (level 45; DD164 iirc) who gets resisted alot.

Just fix the damn class instead. And fix the frigging bugs with the shrooms and its lack of LoS. So enemies can atleast try and kill em or smth :X

Lcea

Fledgling Freddie
I think its safe to assume when you step out to the oil and theres 50 of those bastard shrooms there its 'on purpose' ;p

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
As mentioned before, the _only_ shroom that can be placed on a wall by an animist when attacking a tower is their controllable pets. The ones they spam can only be placed on a level upto 250 units high (or summit silly). As such placing the uncontrolled pets on the oil when attacking a tower is strictly speaking not possible. Ofcourse, id be more than happy to fraps you a movie proving this, but only if Aoln promises to do a voice over :worthy:

Alternatively, if your whining about an animist defending a tower, and placing shrooms on the same area that the oil can be positioned, then your attempting to get a player banned for putting a shroom in a perfectly plausable place.

*raises both thumbs, gives a cheesy grin and says "nice one meight"*

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
ha ha ha ha Treeee your an animalist!!!! rofl - animalist.....

Treeeebeard

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
ha ha ha ha Treeee your an animalist!!!! rofl - animalist.....

Tbh i wish i was a Animalist, they seem to do everything i can but have invunrable pets which makes my class, the Animist, Obsoulet(sp?)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
TBFH, while were on the subject, I think giving a caster a 9 or 12 sec stun (never played hib so I don't know !!!!) and then the ability to DD for an average of 500dmg(fully ToA'd ofc) every... what... 2-3seconds? thats like 1500 during the duration of the stun, such Hax tbh!! :m00:

KKmegameightsomgwtfprawnedIRtehr0xers, KTHXBUBI :flame:

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
9 seconds, affected by heat resistance. So no mid should stay more than 5 secs stunned, albs well... you'd have to take friars with you.... btw I don't even have a baseline stun on my bainshee neither has an animist. Givf CAoE stun. ;)

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
Somehow mythic actually noticed a caster with baseline stun is to powerfull and didnt give the new classes baseline stun (animist and banshee).

Septina

Part of the furniture
Lokir said:
Somehow mythic actually noticed a caster with baseline stun is to powerfull and didnt give the new classes baseline stun (animist and banshee).

But somehow the whole warlock class slipped right through :p

Asysh_pryd

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
Don't forget Necro's standing in wall's...and nuking the crap out of ya.

They can do that?

Not the walls part, its the "nuking the crap out of you" part that boggles me :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom