Info on upcoming patch-roadmap for the next months

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Found this on the IGN Boards:

These were notes a good friend took at the Orlando Roundtable.

"Some notes from Roundtable...

Missy Hatch, Julie and Scott something were there from Mythic.

Anyhow, I tried to take notes of what the Mythic folks had to say and the Q & A grilling.

Their presentation:

February Patch
Trifecta details
-10 castable pet rewards (including pet dragon)
-pets will be charges, not summoned
-Unique dyes
-Unique weapon dyes
-Respecs
Portal Gems
-taking away personal house gems to non-house owners
-no immediate plans to allow all chars on account of house owner to claim the house as a personal house

April Patch
quest re-vamping
-one window to show entire quest details, prior to accepting challenge
-96 new quests
-focus on soloable quests
-maintain role play of quest storyline
-continual updating of older quests

June Patch
craft changes
-crafter only available bonus gems
-possible embue changes
-armour design
-no jewelcrafting for a "long long time"
begin tweaking 3 primary heal classes each realm
-possible changes to manner of healing pets

August Patch
craft changes continued
'small patch as focus will be on fall expansion'

Fall Expansion
available online and in stores
focus on
-new race
-RvR
-new zone with SI-type features

Q & A Session

(The questions I asked are in italics)

Q. Since the portal stones effectively give the same function as Sojourner Gateway spells, plans to revamp the Sojourner portal abilities to something else?

A. That idea is certainly one we will bring up as feedback but no discussion at this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Changes planned for Forceful Zephyr and the LoS issue or just remove the GT function and instead send target to the maximum distance away from player?

A. The issue is that FZ operates from the space from the user's chest region to the target's feet region, which makes it so that LoS is a huge issue. We are aware of the problem and are working on changes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Plans to make the guild banner summon graphic less ridiculous?

A. Design team said for lag purposes to have the banner on a brittle guard type of character alongside is not condusive. To have it as a pole in the backpack or hand does not work. At this time, there are no other means of having the banner graphic except coming out of the players head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Is there a plan to implement a means of offline demotion or promotion of members in a guild, rather than waiting to catch someone online or simply /gc remove?

A. That idea is certainly one we will bring up as feedback but no discussion at this time.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. At the implementation of the clustering of Percival with Nimue and later Guin, it was said it may be a temporary thing that you would later undo, but the guild cross cluster implementation seems a thing of permancy.

A. Nothing is set in stone, but yes it does look to remain a permanent decision at this time. If later we decide to undo the cluster, members from other realms would simply find themselves unguilded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. If a member from another realm joins your guild, will you see their last name?

A. No, you will see NAME of SERVER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Why do you all hate Mordred?

A. We don't hate Mordred. Actually the new patch will allow Mordred players to not kill anyone in their BG groups, which should make events more user friendly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. When a person lags near a tower top, enemies can buff shear the person, without LoS.

A. Stop window dragging then Twizz. No seriously, we are aware and are working on this and for the window dragging issue, we are continuing to try to fix this problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. My dad and I have great systems, but when we port into Camelot it lags us out of game. The other capitol cities do not have this issue.

A. There is a video card that just had an update and we are working to fix the system issues so it works with that card.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. There was a severe nerf to zerker left axes and since then we have never been able to do damage.

A. Zerkers were able to do 200 times the damage with left axe, this was a bug that took a while to fix. It was not a nerf, they were never intended to be able to do that damage and there are no plans to fix it.

Q. Then maybe you should weaken all of the other classes so we can finally be able to kill something.

A. (laughter....lots of laughter)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q. Are there plans to either add a new game UI or to implement the best parts of other player made UIs to the game?

A. We cannot use player made UI ideas obviously. We will continue adding small tweaks and options such as the new patch having delve buttons and /use buttons, but no plans for a new UI a this time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q. Are there plans to update the herald .xml to display CL information?

A. We just got a new web guy 'Mike' and once he gets up and going he will certainly address that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q. Why do many weapons style graphics look the same?

A. At some point we may address this, but the graphics are handled by the same person so obviously after a while it all becomes a blurr.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Are there plans to make it so that a healer can heal a pet from the mini window instead of trying to target it or giving the pet the owner's name...or simply making it so that if you target say the necro that the abom is healed?

A. That was already implemented, if you target the owner the pet is healed.

Q. Nope.

A. Oh well, we plan to do that then.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Last year we won in a guild web site contest you had, are you going to be judging sites again?

A. We had no plans to do it annually but if players liked that then sure.

(Then they gave me a calendar prize after they asked which site it was and I told them we won for most informative and Missy Hatch remembered our class lessons logs.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. What are the chances of making a quest item like an artifact where people can select from a variety of stats to put on it and make it unique to them?

A. Oh that would be the end of the world because someone would put + 0 to casting speed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q. Why is it that some AOE and maybe croc ring shared spells cancel self charges off of Shades of Mist or Trial by Fire.

A. The game is hard coded to allow you one defensive proc and one offensive proc and the last one placed on your character, even if by AOE is the one that overwrites the others. That is a hard coding that we know is not the best but no way to fix it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They also said that they plan to start working more with their Team Leads to get input and make adjustments.

And they asked that people use the herald feedback because there is a guy whose sole purpose is to translate all herald feedback into number reports and they get better addressed based on volume that way."

Hopefully in June we'll see something for crafters

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Oh this is quite cool! Do you have the VN link aswell?

--
Q. When a person lags near a tower top, enemies can buff shear the person, without LoS.

A. Stop window dragging then Twizz. No seriously, we are aware and are working on this and for the window dragging issue, we are continuing to try to fix this problem.
--

Nice to see they're working on window dragging... it's rather ridiculous on the US servers..

To bad about no major UI changes though. For all of us that have played for so long it doesn't really matter, but I can imagine it scares new users away... if you compare it to some other newer games it really is very complicated and generally outdated.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Does anyone else feel disappointed by the planned April patch details? I hope it includes something other than quest changes.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Does anyone else feel disappointed by the planned April patch details? I hope it includes something other than quest changes.

yeh like a cupple of bainshee / vamp nerfs :touch:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
they seem to be going through the feedback from that thread, cant remember when, people wanted class changes (done, or being done) people wanted some more quests (being done) and people wanted a crafting boost (being done) looking good.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
no, but archers arent actually all that broken, or at least there isnt much they can do to change them without making them very OP in some situations, cant really increase thier damage as the damage isnt the problem, what they have done though is nerf the amount of brittles which is a start, wardens, friars and thanes have had a boost, and i read somewhere that they will be looking into reavers soon. at least they are listening at last..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
arent both thanes and valks getting that pve buff soon? the one where it increases the to-hit or something? dunno about thier rvr effectiveness, only met 2 before, they didnt do too badly though. ofc they wouldnt fit in a opted mid group, but not all that many mid classes do as they have such well tested, effective set ups anyway.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
only 4 months till clerics "hopefully" get fixed,and i mean HOPEFULLY :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, valkyries needs something. Same with valewalkers. Both are very underplayed classes. Reavers seems perfectly fine really.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Ozilia said:
Oh this is quite cool! Do you have the VN link aswell?

--

--

Nice to see they're working on window dragging... it's rather ridiculous on the US servers..

To bad about no major UI changes though. For all of us that have played for so long it doesn't really matter, but I can imagine it scares new users away... if you compare it to some other newer games it really is very complicated and generally outdated.

does everyone in the US cheat?

:twak:

:m00:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Crafting love in the summer :clap:

edit: then the new expansion ofc will add stat caps or bonuses that can't be crafted and we'll be fucked again but hey :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
they cant commit to any class changes cause if they change their minds people will cry "oh but you said that and mummy told me you should always keep a promise"

its better to say nothing untill you have facts...not assumptions/ideas

Bahumat

FH is my second home
dont you think thats a little vague? hence the point i made, its not like they said "ok the healing classes may be getting a bigger heal or change in their stats".

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they can't do nothing but class changes ;)

1.82 was the cross-cluster guilds patch (and class changes)

1.83 will be quests I guess (and class changes)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
This kind of shoots all the " the game is dying" people in the foot imo. Nice to see some sort of road map for the future.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it is good - darkness rising was a bit of a letdown* for me as far as "things changing" and "new things to do", was a little worried they didn't have any ideas left. This patch schedule reassures me that things are still being done :)

* - Just compare the amount of content compared to ToA - toa may be a lot of people's biggest hate but there is a staggering amount of content in it - the game wouldn't have lasted as long as it has without something like ToA - though if we'd got it in its current state first time around it'd probably have been received a little bit better.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
No paladin changes, we are now useless. Great.

Still new shit frontiers.

How players con needs to switched back to how it was.

Oh and I would like to see Epic mobs which you need planning and good tanks for. not just mobs which you can focus or duo, or just go and wank over. Honestly, The dragon requires plans, but it's getting boring :p

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
no, but archers arent actually all that broken

Except scouts, they need a serious revamp imo, nothing much we can do beside leeching and tower hugging. Scouts can only spec to snipe, melee is not an option.

Grimnna

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
its better to say nothing untill you have facts...not assumptions/ideas

And yet you keep posting here.... tsssssk... tsssssk..... ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
SoulFly said:
Oh and I would like to see Epic mobs which you need planning and good tanks for. not just mobs which you can focus or duo, or just go and wank over. Honestly, The dragon requires plans, but it's getting boring :p

try fishing, megalodon/kraken/leviathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom