Infil vs. SB after relics got lost.

O

old.Sepiritz

Any other infil besides myself that feels its slightly useless trying to fight an SB in 1on1?
Approximate dmg log:

You hit sb for 70 (-45)
You crit for an additional 35
SB hits you for 200
SB hits you for 50

;repeat until dead.

I will give it a few more goes until I move back to playing cleric or cabbie but atm it feels fruitless to even out into rvr nowadays.
I can solo red mobs unbuffed with hardly any hp loss, but one SB and im cut in half in a couple of swings..

Yes, someone got PWNZD.. But what do other infils think, do we still stand a chance?

O

old.Xanthian

Try playing a NS...
THEN you can moan :)

The dmg output on shades is pooh!

R

rure

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
Try playing a NS...
THEN you can moan :)

The dmg output on shades is pooh!

but... lurikeens NS are at least cute. ;)

H

hercules-df

had similar experience in mid against a mid caster, somethings not right when the highest slash style using a VERY GOOD sword does about half the dmg on a kobold caster than it does on say a BIG MOFO TELEMON, Ive killed lesser telemons quicker than this guy went down, and every shot hit him btw. Maybe its all the relics etc.. but still, a tank should beable to take out a lone caster a bit easier than they take out a giant plate wearing mob.

M

Moodyard^_^

Originally posted by old.Sepiritz
Any other infil besides myself that feels its slightly useless trying to fight an SB in 1on1?
Approximate dmg log:

You hit sb for 70 (-45)
You crit for an additional 35
SB hits you for 200
SB hits you for 50

;repeat until dead.

I will give it a few more goes until I move back to playing cleric or cabbie but atm it feels fruitless to even out into rvr nowadays.
I can solo red mobs unbuffed with hardly any hp loss, but one SB and im cut in half in a couple of swings..

Yes, someone got PWNZD.. But what do other infils think, do we still stand a chance?

I always feels this way when i fight remi ;/

O

old.Xarr

sooooo what bright said.. remi owns me so much and it's sad :'<

M

MesS°

will give it a few more goes until I move back to playing cleric or cabbie but atm it feels fruitless to even out into rvr nowadays.

Nooooooo dont go back to playing Cleric.... we are so many support chars, what good would it be to albion.... :p

B

Belomar

Originally posted by hercules-df
Maybe its all the relics etc.. but still, a tank should beable to take out a lone caster a bit easier than they take out a giant plate wearing mob.
Telamons may wear plate helmets, but they have studded armor on the rest of their body (they also drop studded armor). Besides, lesser telamons are at most level 46 and just stupid old mobs, whereas the caster most likely is level 50 and a champion of his realm with SC/epic armor, capped stats, buffs, heals, and pbt, so your argument doesn't hold.

Besides, no offense, but paladins are not exactly high-damage dealers.

S

Soromaaar

are u talking buffed or unbuffed when soloing red whitout hp loss? and the life of a SB aint glorious either... spd 1,5 says alot and still 200 dam/blow...

F

Flimgoblin

Now you know how a mercenary feels when it meets a zerker ;)

D

doneagle

tbh The relics DO make a differnece in dmg output but don't decide a fight.

I have met 4 shadowblades yesterday in Odin's ( unbuffed ) and i won 3 and lost 1 battle. Not 1 close battle. Either i won with over half a bar left or i lost with him over a half bar left.

To be short the one that strikes first, wins in those battles.
Relics only would have had an influence on the outcome of the fight if it was very close imo.

remember :
- SB with capped thrust resist will get your dmg almost halfed
- SB with +11 in weapon and +11 in LA will get his dmg doubled if you aren't capped on slashresist.

Buy af102, Max your resists and skills and i think you'll see a big difference already.

Also possible the sb was buffed offcourse and you weren't

just my 2c

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Soromaaar
are u talking buffed or unbuffed when soloing red whitout hp loss? and the life of a SB aint glorious either... spd 1,5 says alot and still 200 dam/blow...

Read above.

MAKE BUFFS RANGED

Then no more assassins will be buffz0red, and you can all fight fair, and be sure that your opponent is not 'paying to beat you'.

C

cplcarrot

Re: Re: Infil vs. SB after relics got lost.

I soooo Much agree, but I remember when I quit the game (about 6 months ago) only a few had buffbots and we were screaming for this already.

At the end of the day Accounts == Money.

However, I seriously think this is a shortsighted view.

For example, lets say this product has a shelf life of 3 years.

the same "uber" chaps will buy their buffbots (christ u seen Jox's post about multiple bots?) And push new players out of the game.

It does not create a good impression to people new to MMORPG like me, when u see that cheating is allowed as long as it brings in guaranteed revenue.

What makes me laugh is that Mythic and GOA must be laughing all the way to the bank. 3 players buy buffbots, others realise they need one too , to compete, so all of a sudden 30% of the gamers have multiple accounts.

This has evened up the play ( i have no trouble finding a buff bot with spare conc nowadays) and now all of you "Uber " types are paying twice as much to play, with no advantage :)

I read future patches allow multiple instances in windows now, so wont be long (as im sure GOA hope) that some of u cheats will start having 3 accounts, for buffs, haste, bt etc :)

When that happens I for one am gonna relegate carrot to the recycle bin and fight the addiction for another 6 months.

<breathes out> essay done :)

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
Read above.

MAKE BUFFS RANGED

Then no more assassins will be buffz0red, and you can all fight fair, and be sure that your opponent is not 'paying to beat you'.

O

old.Sepiritz

Originally posted by doneagle
Buy af102, Max your resists and skills and i think you'll see a big difference already.

I have full af 102 99% set overcharged to bursting.
All four infil stats capped.
Every resist capped, short of spirit thats 1% short.
RR4L4 with aug con II, aug dex II, aug qui II, dodger II, mop II, dr II, toughness II.
I have been fully buffed by a 42 enhance bot, gone out into emain, met Kick three times, every time he killed me with about 50% hp to spare, even after i got DF in.. And I got the jump on him 2 times I think because of his 'crappy' stealth compared to my 51 total.

O

old.LandShark

Bring back the days when all shadowblades were critblades apart from like Agaton and some others that I've forgotten, maybe. :p
29% slash, MP AF102 chain, lvl44 cleric enhance buffs. SB anytime hits for 250.
That = sick, relics or no relics. Thrust polearmsmen hit me in duels for only 150 more than that with more than twice the delay - aren't you SBs ever ashamed of being so goddamn uber? :p

btw Vile, weren't you a slash-DW spec inf at one point?

O

old.Demeter

Remi without relics hits just as hard as me with relics but faster....

also all infis PA/CD dmg output is 1.5 times higher due to gimpy way LA works....

and FFS stop zerging !

u see Infi, u engage infi... Infi tryes to run while snared, u get 4 other infis jumped on u, u finish running Infi with back positional styles, u die, u release
typical scenario nowadays....

also i liked Kaza attitude....

me fighting with Ozrique + Tomatera and loosing
then Kaaz PAs me and instantly dies to hibs...

K

K0nah

yeah always remember: given the choice kill a hib first ;)

O

old.Ramas

but still, a tank should beable to take out a lone caster a bit easier than they take out a giant plate wearing mob.

I imagine the caster feels the same about the number of nukes required to take down a tank. (must be 8-10 without IP or 16-20 with IP these days?)

Probably just as well almost nobody (except zerkers and enchanters, naturally) can kill enemy level 50s in 2 shots anymore ;) .

S

skile

Some SB's manage to do as much as 400 dmg on me (not critblade nah, Not PA). With debuffs this hurts alot. Got 26% slash resists, RR5, AF102 Studded armor. And i recently hit a SB for 580 with critshot (100% Quality 16.5 dps H-Longbow and 61 in total LB). Just doesn't make sence, with buffs i might hit for 700.

But compare 700 dmg (with buffs), no debuffs to a buffed SB hitting for 400 non PA with crit and he has debuff. With or without Str-relics there's something not right here.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by old.Ramas
I imagine the caster feels the same about the number of nukes required to take down a tank. (must be 8-10 without IP or 16-20 with IP these days?)
Nah, 2 times 2 DoTs stacked (once for the health bar and then once again for after IP) and some random nukes usually does it pretty nicely on any tank. ;) Oh, and of course a lot of sprinting! (And that still doesn't save me 90% of the time.)

P

Pin

Originally posted by adari
id like to read pins opinion on this,

pin?

Huh? I haven't been RvR since SI came out (except the odd relic raid) - the zerging and counter-zerging between SBs and Infs just isn't very enjoyable for me.... 8 levels left on my Necro, 12 on my Reaver, 2 on my Theurg and 3 on my Cleric then I might go back to RvR. Or I might level up an Ice Wiz, Friar, Cabalist and Sorcerer or I might go back tonight... Dunno :p

Did run into Jox twice in Odin's after one raid. I died each time (by ~10% and ~30%). His actives up (Purge), mine not.

Then again, I ran into 3 RR3-5 SBs together in Emain while waiting to start another raid and killed them all (admittedly only 1 was buffed).

TBH, if you're gonna lose, go after different targets. Not very hard to understand.

Q

quinthar

Re: Re: Re: Infil vs. SB after relics got lost.

Originally posted by cplcarrot
Edited through boredom
I soooo Much agree, but I remember when I quit the game (about 6 months ago) only a few had buffbots and we were screaming for this already.
-
This has evened up the play ( i have no trouble finding a buff bot with spare conc nowadays) and now all of you "Uber " types are paying twice as much to play, with no advantage :)

I read future patches allow multiple instances in windows now, so wont be long (as im sure GOA hope) that some of u cheats will start having 3 accounts, for buffs, haste, bt etc :)

When that happens I for one am gonna relegate carrot to the recycle bin and fight the addiction for another 6 months.
-

Sigh, youre against buff bots but use them, ummmm so what does that make you??

A buff bot abusing cheat??

Bah surely not, because its not cheating

C

cplcarrot

no simply if u cant beat em join em.

In the past I used to be constantly unbuffed, but if u dont like chewing grass within 5 feet of alb tk then a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

If u read a history of cplcarrot related posts im sure u will see many posts about respect for being unbuffed in the early days. It used to be only a few key names (mainly sbs) that used buffbots , so i would simply avoid combat with em. now I would say that 70% of stealth classes are buffed and im sure for many of them its a case of survival, not a need to get an unfair advantage.

As most stealthers are now buffed , its no longer an advantage to be buffed, mearly a disadvantage not to be. If you know what i mean, but no doubt there will be flames that dont.

O

old.Sepiritz

Me and Ichor did a few tests today..
It turns out that I can PA him for as high as an SB hits him with their anytime style, ie, 250dmg.. Great hope for future infil playing seeing as I hit him harder then I hit an SB..

P

Pin

Me and Ichor did a few tests today..
It turns out that I can PA him for as high as an SB hits him with their anytime style, ie, 250dmg.. Great hope for future infil playing seeing as I hit him harder then I hit an SB..

What sort of test is that? Basically says nothing. Were you buffed? Was he buffed? What's your CS level? What weapon? What weaponskill? What's his Thrust resist? etc...

Unbuffed I still PA a pally in plate with full AF and capped thrust resist for more than 250.

D

doneagle

Never met a sb yet who hitted me for 250 dmg.

Most i had was 160 on main hand + around 50 on left axe. Maybe they were all non left axe specced. Don't know a sb, just know that i have never seen the 250+ dmg you guys talk about.

My hits are also for 120+ around 60 on second hand + criticals + procs... So i think its close in dmg.

K

kinadold

Think sb with purge up >> infil, but without....
Infils and scouts rely on stun to win, and against opponent
with purge its huge disadvantage.

O

old.Sepiritz

Originally posted by Pin
What sort of test is that? Basically says nothing. Were you buffed? Was he buffed? What's your CS level? What weapon? What weaponskill? What's his Thrust resist? etc...

Unbuffed I still PA a pally in plate with full AF and capped thrust resist for more than 250.

I thought id leave out all the boring crap but sure, if you want it.

We were both clean, honest and unbuffed.. (For testing purposes and what not) I had 39+14 CS and thrust at 50+14, and hit with a guarded rapier. Damage was around 250 (-130) or something in those lines, he had 23% thrust resist and AF102 crafted armor IIRC. My Weaponskill is at about 950-980 unbuffed.

I tried the same with my own crafted set with long dirk, 50+6 thrust and 39+3 CS and the damage was approximately the same. Cap on greys was alot lower though but the avg. PA damage was the same on the other L50 infil.

Later on today I have been hit twice by an SB for 280 damage.. With my 41r 35e cleric.. That is: epic armor, AF100 chain, 29% slash resist and him using an anytime style, hitting a chain-wearer with 29% resist, fully buffed, for more then I can PA a rogue for.

A

Arthwyr

Never met a sb yet who hitted me for 250 dmg.

tbh The relics DO make a differnece in dmg output but don't decide a fight.

Then I assume you haven't met many SB's Cordell, a shadowzerker of the same or about the same Realmrank would hit me for 200 240 ish mainhand and 60ish offhand BEFORE we lost the strenght rellics wich is a boost for them by 20% and a loss for us by 20% so a theoretical 40% in netto damage difference. Ofcourse what does 40% of a health bar mean in a one on one. Now 5 spec shadowblades are in the 200 240 area anytime while szerker can top it. And I am or better used to be buffed by a lvl 50 enhance bot and in spellcrafted af102 leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom