Infernal merchants are up!

Aada

Part of the furniture
The problem is that those are the benchmarks that have been set for any PvP game. You'd expect them to be better then your DAoC/UO/AC but no game has yet to come close to matching that.

I find GW2 combat to be boring and stale, WoW-esque in its mash a few button and win scenario.

In AC I had to time my spell perfectly, learn which is best per opponent, movement, use of environment, gear etc
In DAoC I had to learn reactions, strafe, panning, or 8v8 for movement/positioning etc.

PvP these days seems stale in comparision, more a de-evolution.

Yep in DAOC you had to learn the strafe exploit or you got smashed up, hardly great was it? if the guy in front of you was better at strafe exploiting you died due to poor mechanics.

Again you still dodge my buffbot question :D

Everz

FH is my second home
It was great, how was 'lets stand here and press our button' ever going to stay interesting. That was the beauty of DAoC was that the mechanics were quite open to allow. Strafing was part of the game, and if you couldn't counter it or do it yourself then you were some form of godawful player.

At work so writing slow. The buffbot question is open to whatever you take, you have your view that they are a must have and I dont. No point debating as we shall never agree.

Logi

Part of the furniture
do people still consider strafing to be bug abusing or abusing mechanics? come on.....

Aada

Part of the furniture
do people still consider strafing to be bug abusing or abusing mechanics? come on.....

Call it what you like abusing mechanics or just plain bad design on the developer's part it's something which should not be in the game.

Everz

FH is my second home
Call it what you like abusing mechanics or just plain bad design on the developer's part it's something which should not be in the game.

I bet you still click ;).

That said, yes it was part of the design as that's why strafe is adding into the game as a control option. It was genius and adding another dimension to a fight. If you couldn't counter it or do it yourself then that is a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom