Indian or Chinese?

L

leggy

Originally posted by mank
It probably is but the best ones always come from indian takeaways, so there.

Chicken tikka bhuna is better.

M

mank

I don't think I've tried one. Is that the one with onions or is that a dupiaza?

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by mank
I don't think I've tried one. Is that the one with onions or is that a dupiaza?
Both :) Is why I like either dupiaza or bhuna

T

Tenko

I love both, but it depends on the restaurant and what mood I'm in :)

Luckily I live in Manchester so lots of good restaurants in China town and Rusholme.

But I love all bloody food and right now I fancy mexican!

Y

Yoni

I love both but do prefer Indian if given a choice. although I would eat Thai in preference to both :)

G

GDW

Someone earlier mentioned mexican.

Some authentic mexican food is pure class. I once had this meat kebab which consisted of about a pound of assorted meats roasted on the skewer. When served it was hung vertically from a hanger thingy. The moustachioed waiter proceeded to pour tequilla over it and set it on fire.

It burned for about a minute (bit like a xmas pud). Served with fries, salsa, guacomole, a fiery hot chilli dip, four bottles of Corona with lime, about six tequillas, a beautiful red sunset and a raven haired siniorita sucking my cock..........Bliss

F

Flamin_Squirrel

Imo its easier to get a nice indian than chinese. I think thats because chinese places try too hard to cater for english tastes, which is a shame.

I lived with a chinese girl at uni last year, and got to try some authentic home cooking \o/. Much nicer than a take away... hotter, and not greasy and sweet like the stuff you get served here.

B

Bym

'British-style' curry is ok I suppose........but being brought up in a town with a large indian/pakistani popuklation I prefer the 'real thing'. Used to get recipes off friends at work, and their Mums always made nice food for them to bring in (kind of a competition amongst them).

None of this nancy 'meat in gravy' stuff :p

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Tenko
I love both, but it depends on the restaurant and what mood I'm in :)

Luckily I live in Manchester so lots of good restaurants in China town and Rusholme.

But I love all bloody food and right now I fancy mexican!

Is there a mexican in manchester the last one I knew of (which was very good) was the one on the corner of Portland Road and Princess Street (in the basement). Which is now closed. :(

Also GDW did you know that lime in a corna isn't for taste (or didn't start that way) its to prevent flies getting in you beers. So I was told anyway.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Bym
'British-style' curry is ok I suppose........but being brought up in a town with a large indian/pakistani popuklation I prefer the 'real thing'. Used to get recipes off friends at work, and their Mums always made nice food for them to bring in (kind of a competition amongst them).

None of this nancy 'meat in gravy' stuff :p

I remember being fed 'authentic indian sweets' they were horrid. But we had to eat them to be polite....ugggh :puke:

M

mank

Does anyone know of a good Thai restaurant in the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire area? :)

I cba to start a new thread for this cos it's been touched on in here but what's the best roast?

My Mum does a wikkid roast lamb which is marinated in red wine and thyme. It's teh yum. Served with roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, cauliflower, onion sauce and gravy.

G

GDW

GDW's Roast Recipe

1 leg of lamb
5 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 bunch Rosemary

Rip the leaves off the Rosemary and put them into a pestle & mortar. Add all the of the other ingredients (except lamb of course) and grind into a paste.

Get the lamb and insert a sharp knife down along the length of the bone, from both ends, creating a little tunnel. Stuff this little tunnel with the rosemary paste. Score the fatty tissue on the outside of the lamb and smear it with the rest of your paste. Stick it in the fridge overnight.

Cook next day on 200 centgrade for first 10 mins then 15mins per kg plus 20mins (if you like it med-rare) serve with roasties and fav veg

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by doh_boy
I remember being fed 'authentic indian sweets' they were horrid. But we had to eat them to be polite....ugggh :puke:

You must have had the wrong kind. All the indian sweets Ive eaten have been superb.

M

Munkey-

Arabic food beats them all hands down. Lebanese food really is quite spectatcular.

The arabic sweets are also scrumptious too.

But between the indian and the chinese........its hard really......Chinese for fast food and Indian for proper sit down food i suppose.

Chicken korma is just teh win!!!!11111oneoneone

D

dysfunction

Crispy Duck and pancakes....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread