Indian or Chinese?

M

mank

So, which is best? Take on the assumption both the chinese and curry house are of very good quality and you must provide evidence!

Frankly, nothing can beat chicken tikka massala with special pullao rice, naan bread, poppadum and shikh kebab. Win.

Chinese however, it's a bit crap. I like noodles and only like chow mein.

DISCUSS OR I'LL CREATE MORE SHIT TOPICS!

C

Cdr

Sweet and Sour Chicken - HONGKONGSTYLE! with egg fried rice is definately the win.

No more discussion is needed.

End of.

Go home.

Go on.

Now.

M

mank

don't make me close this thread too, ya fucking commy bastids!

T

throdgrain

I would have to say Indian , but only by say 55% to 45%. A while ago roundhere there was no good chinese food, all that same ol stuff they used to server up in the seventies and eighties, but lately it has really improved :)

C

Clowneh!

Depends on the mood I'm in. I like Chinese and Indian equally. Almost as much as McDonalds...

M

mank

I went to a reet proper bo chinese restaurant in Ireland. It were nangarang! I had to eat my soup with chopsticks.

It was very nice actually, and I'm not that keen on chinese food usually. I forgot what my parents had, but it was nice. I think it depends on the region of China or something though, doesn't it?

B

Big G

Totally depends on the mood and the current beer stock in the house.

I'm either chinese chicken szechuan and egg fried rice with prawn crackers, or:

Chicken bhoona (or vindaloo) with pilau rice and naan bread.

I prefer the chinese option: i like nice chilli chicken dishes with a real spicy bite as opposed to the medium rich "thick" sauce of Indian food. I like the sheer burning of the chinese and the ability to douse the flames with a really cold beer - such satisfaction.

However, too much of it and you can start to tire of it. That is the time i switch to Indian and appreciate the differences of the flavours.

Chinese tho, every time.

G

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Clowneh!
What do you like Embattle?

Watching mank get himself banned, repeatedly.....oh and Checkers Burgers/Chips, although travelling 3000 miles to get one is out of the question :rolleyes:

C

Clowneh!

Yeh burgers and chips are good, but I was kinda thinking of more 'ethnic' foods :)

E

Embattle

My sister and dad love all that shit but I don't really like any of that so called 'ethnic' food, esp with my stomach.

J

Jonaldo

Indian
Chicken Tikka Dupiaza or Bhuna with 1 naan, pilau rice, bombay alou, 2 pupodam.
Add 2-3 pints of Cobra and we're away! :)

Chinese
Shredded chicken Chow Mein, with Sweet n Sour chicken.

Overall I prefer Indian, if I had to split them like Throd did then I would say 65% Indian 35% Chinese.

Buddabing

C

Cdr

A shuttle is not a PC, its like saying a mini is a 'car'.

Yeah, think about it.

D

djpringle

Indian food as I have to eat real oriental food every day....not that I'm complaining mind, it's just that chicken skin and small bits of bone are really starting to grate....:(

B

bigfoot

I used to love curries but I find most of them a bit samey these days. If I had a choice I'd have a chinese, although Thai might get the nod over chinese.

J

Jonaldo

Even though it's not mentioned in the title I thought I'd add that I REALLY don't like anything Italian other than pizza and Mexican don't really float my boat either.

Thai is like a mix of Indian and Chinese right? lots of rice and spices but in individual dishes and not a big blob of mixed stuff like a curry ;)

M

mank

I've never been to a Thai restaurant but my Mum's made a few Thai curries and they're fucking nice. I wish there was a Thai place round here.

btw clown/cdr. You're the best comedy-duo this forum has seen since tdc and wij :D

D

djpringle

Thai is more Chinese than Indian since the dishes don't tend to be as heavy or rich as Indian stuff.

M

mank

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Even though it's not mentioned in the title I thought I'd add that I REALLY don't like anything Italian other than pizza and Mexican don't really float my boat either.

I love Italian food, pasta, pizza, spaghetti and metaballs, lasagne and all that bollocks. As for Mexican, I like fajitas but that's about it :/

(Fajita's are Mexician right?)

btw I like food.

C

Clowneh!

Apparently my mum makes a mean Thai curry... Everyone likes it except for me. Thai is shiittt. Does roast dinner count as ethnic? English ethnicity... sounds odd :eek:

C

Cdr

I think you made up the word 'ethnicity'

dictionary.com man. Use it!

Anyways, roast dinners rox! As do bangers and mash, and toad in the hole, and umm Christmas dinner, and them apple things you get at Halloween.

M

mank

Roast dinner owns us all, but this is about chinese and indian ffs, we've diverted away enough already :eek:

D

djpringle

Originally posted by Clowneh!
Does roast dinner count as ethnic? English ethnicity... sounds odd :eek:

I'll say yes to that since most other places in the world haven't a clue how to make a proper roast dinner, especially the gravy.

Users who are viewing this thread