Indian call centres

Gamah

Banned
A while a go I got so fucked off with these Indian call centres I refused to do business with any company that thought it would be a good idea to stick a load of people who can't speak English in a room and let them deal with complex financial information or other stuff where I can't be arsed to repeat my name 400 times.

Victims of my policy are Abbey Fucking National and Orange.

BT are fucking next on my list.

I invite you to join me to boycott the stupid ***** who try and save a quick buck.

Can anyone actually say they haven't had to repeat themselves at least twice to one of these bastards??

They are also so fucking scared of being bummed with a cattle prod or something that they NEVER, EVER deviate from the red tape.

Phoned Abbey Fucking National up to get an old account number that had been closed a while.

Drone1343 told me that I needed to go to the branch as they can't give that info over the phone. I did feel the need to ask why anyone would want a terminated account number but alas I got no where.

Asking for the twats name and fucking department should be simple enough I foolishly thought.

Asking for Vishals name = 3 Minutes of my life
Asking for Vishals Department = 3 minutes of my life
Getting a extension for Vishal = Fucking Impossible

Somethings in life don't infuriate you, for everything else theres Indian fucking call centres.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I had months of BTs random call centres getting my broadband sorted, ended up phoning the general number and demanding to speak to someone English, did do and it was sorted within a few days.

However, most of them speak better English than the spackers you see wandering about shopping centres these days

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Barclaycard, ugh.

Phoned up as I couldn't access my account. Yes I've already phoned, yes I've already had my pass code changed, yes I've already changed my secret word, no - waiting half an hour for a temporary problem isn't going to work if I've had the problem for 2 fucking months.

ARGH! :twak:

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
mmm it's not the staff that are to blame, its the companies that hire them to do a job they are either incapable of doing or receive insufficient training to do.

I assisted in setting up an overseas call centre (albeit not in India) and to be honest they're perfectly understandable and I encouraged them to think for themselves, and to think outside the box if you will.

Can see how it is annoying though, particularly for important things such as banks, small things like sales lines and such aren't quite so bad.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
What's with all the companies trying to outsource their support these days? I don't phone support lines that often, however when I do I'd like to speak to someone who I can understand and who might be able to deviate from the script slightly.

Apparently Netflix are going back to local call centres as an example. Good support is something worth paying for.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
orange are the worst.

tried changing the debit card my phone was linked to recently, whilst i was on the train.
fucking mistake that was

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Phoned Abbey Fucking National up to get an old account number that had been closed a while.

Drone1343 told me that I needed to go to the branch as they can't give that info over the phone. I did feel the need to ask why anyone would want a terminated account number but alas I got no where.

Customer confidentiality really... There is some info you just cant give out over the phone. And if something fucks up, its their job on the line, not yours.
I work with customer support, it can be just as frustraiting for us sometimes... you got the info right infront of you on the screen but it would be against company rules (and sometimes country laws) to give it out, and if you do you could get fired.

Outsourcing sucks, but with some patience and understanding you could get a long way... and if it doesnt work, scream and shout untill they connect you to someone who do understand :p

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Had the electric company phone me about an unpaid bill recently.

After (I kid you not) 5 minutes the woman on the other end of the phone managed to get out what her name was and actually ask if I was the owner of the house. She then asked if I would like to make a payment and that she could take my details now if I wanted.

Safe to say I didn't give her my bank details, realised it would be a complete waste of 10 minutes trying to explain what a supervisor was to her and hung up..

Still not as good as the sales person who called my landline and after I spent 5 minutes faining interest called me back when I complained that I was suffering from a dodgy line having just entered a tunnel and hung up on her.. Not just once, but 3 times!!

I actually don't care if the call center is in India or Croydon.. Just hire people that can actually string an English sentance together from the piece of paper in front of them.. If it takes you 3 tries to get out, Hi i'm Sarah.. then your not a suitable employee for tele-sales!!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Generally, if you get harassment calls (From the ones that keep calling) have a go at one of them over the phone (one who understand english) then they tend to stop for a while. Mention taking them to court/speaking to supervisors etc. :D

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
i got a call a while back and what a bloody commotion in the background.. jesus..anyway.. this guy in a very thick asian accent then proceeded to tell me he was calling on behalf of some company or other.. and that his name was <pause as he read it of his card> REEEEKY JONES!!!

phone down.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, to be honest i'd have a scandic person answer the phone sometimes rather then a "accent" type English person.(luckily i don't deal with english(language) that much these days)

Can't understand f*ck all sometimes of you lot, and you're supposed to be the English country. Atleast from the name :D

When i did deal with outside calls, you should feel lucky with Indian peeps, try talking to a Frenchman, or rather yet, explain your design to one! :eek7:

About outsourcing, there was an interesting 30 days documentary about it. It may not fit all, but should watch it before making "quick" judgments. To be honest, they appreciate the jobs more too.

Gamah

Banned
Couldn't honestly give a fuck if they care about the job, I've NEVER had a good service from one of these chicken huts.

You go on about not speaking to English support, well that's how we feel about speaking to foreign call centres.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Ah!

so basicly what you've got is....

A forin owned company thats outsorcing it's support to the asian market ?
thats a bad recipe for any customer, and for the british market and workforce.
but then again maybe I'm just biest, but i really really dislike those types of companys.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i don't "go on" about it, just mentioned that english peeps got their own "problem" people aswell :D

But i can understand how you feel as I've had to deal with...wait for it...a Frenchman trying to explain in Finnish to me a design he wrote for a game code in English. And i understand f*ck all about code-stuff as it is :D

But, when talking about the issue of outsourcing, how you feel they are handling the english department is rather, irrelevant in the subject. Point was that outsourcing, in some ways, has it's good and it's bad points, but it's not as bad as it's repped out to be.

Gamah

Banned
Well i don't "go on" about it, just mentioned that english peeps got their own "problem" people aswell :D

Yes, we call them Scousers.

old.Tohtori said:
But, when talking about the issue of outsourcing, how you feel they are handling the english department is rather, irrelevant in the subject. Point was that outsourcing, in some ways, has it's good and it's bad points, but it's not as bad as it's repped out to be.

I fail to see how English communication is irreverent in a customer service telephone call, that to me seems to be the main issue of outsourcing, if they could actually understand my problem I am sure they could fix it.

In the UK a lot of the companies promised that the level of service wouldn't degrade and it has, now I am talking to them with my money (taking it elsewhere)

Good Points - Company makes more profit for shareholders.
Bad Points - Customer gets a poor level of service.

Olgaline

FH is my second home

I agree with you, but it's also "the consumers falt" to a large extent.
And altho you do have a little handfull of companys doing this souly for profit, you'll also find a much larger group of smaller compays in thier wakestream doing the same mearly to be able to compete on price. And tbh if the consumers were more critical on what the individual company had to offer instead of always focusing on the bottom line "Price" they wouldnt get away with it. But hey! it's all well and dandy as long as everything is working. but as soon as something goes wrong people whine and complain, tbh you get what you pay for. :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes, we call them Scousers.

I fail to see how English communication is irreverent in a customer service telephone call, that to me seems to be the main issue of outsourcing, if they could actually understand my problem I am sure they could fix it.

In the UK a lot of the companies promised that the level of service wouldn't degrade and it has, now I am talking to them with my money (taking it elsewhere)

And usually the scousers work the phones 'cause noone else won't? :D

That aside though, I meant that if we're talking about outsourcing as an issue, it's a different issue then customer service.

Hard to explain i think.

In the customers side of view, yes, outsourcing does cause problems because of language barriers, and this is probably a main reason to keep FROM outsourcing as it might repel the client base.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Barclays have theres based in Glasgow! Think calling India is bad?
Try talking to a polish imagrant with a Glaswegen (sp?) twang to his accent, and then if they do put you through to someone who is fluent in english.... there obvioulsy from Glasgow so you cant understand a fooking word there saying anyhow! :m00:

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
Gotta agree with this. I get very frustrated especially recently when trying to get a sensible response from a person in Abbeys call centre. It has happened quite a few times in teh last few weeks and goes along the lines of:

"can you do A for me?"
"no i am sorry we cant do A"
"OK well can you do B then"
"no i am sorry sir we cant do A"
" I didnt ask if you could do A i asked if you could do B . You already told me you cant do A thats why i asked. Can you do B for me please?"
"HELLO are you listening to me ........" [this goes on for a while and results in me knowing they cant apparently do A]

At between 4 and 7.8p per minute the amount of calls i have had to make over the last 6 weeks must have cost me a fair bit too.

The problem has been that I havent received my new debit card for my current account. They normally arrive about 2 weeks before the previous one expires. they say they have sent it and confirmed the address etc on several occasions. With the cards for my savings acct as well it appears they have managed to not deliver 5 cards to my address in the last 6 weeks. I cant use the cashpoint as i havent got a valid card. they have stopped my access to my internet banking also for the same reason so i cant even transfer money to pay my credit card that i have had to use in the last month.
I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone to them yesterday alone and they told me I can go to the branch and get money from there but as i am disabled that isnt so easy for me. My wife finished early and picked me up to go to the bank we got there at 3 minutes after 5 and they were closed :( ..with about 9 people in a queue inside we tried explaining to the lady on the door the situation but she was more interested in telling us that she finishes at 5 and wanted to go home. She wouldnt even get the manager for us. I guess you can say we were pretty fed up I was sitting there outside in my wheelchair asking for some help and there wasnt any offered. [she was probably the companys best customer service person between 9-5 but now it was after 5 ;)]. I am not suggesting that because I am disabled i should have received better service but because of the situation. The main reason we were a little late was because of the times i was put on hold by their call centre.

Bloodyheck i do go on a bit dont I :/

Anyway here i am with plenty of money in my accounts i cant get access to. So the wife is finishing early again today [if her boss allows it] and we are going to a different branch and after being with Abbey for over 20 years we will be closing our 4 accounts.

:eek7:

/rant off

pikeh

Resident Freddy
"can you do A for me?"
" I didnt ask if you could do A i asked if you could do B . You already told me you cant do A thats why i asked. Can you do B for me please?"
"HELLO are you listening to me ........" [this goes on for a while and results in me knowing they cant apparently do A]

man, i was going to make a witty comment about your alphabet not working properly but im writing my dissertation so ive used up my brain for today.

Gamah

Banned
Gotta agree with this. I get very frustrated especially recently when trying to get a sensible response from a person in Abbeys call centre. It has happened quite a few times in teh last few weeks and goes along the lines of:

"can you do A for me?"

At between 4 and 7.8p per minute the amount of calls i have had to make over the last 6 weeks must have cost me a fair bit too.

The problem has been that I havent received my new debit card for my current account. They normally arrive about 2 weeks before the previous one expires. they say they have sent it and confirmed the address etc on several occasions. With the cards for my savings acct as well it appears they have managed to not deliver 5 cards to my address in the last 6 weeks. I cant use the cashpoint as i havent got a valid card. they have stopped my access to my internet banking also for the same reason so i cant even transfer money to pay my credit card that i have had to use in the last month.
I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone to them yesterday alone and they told me I can go to the branch and get money from there but as i am disabled that isnt so easy for me. My wife finished early and picked me up to go to the bank we got there at 3 minutes after 5 and they were closed :( ..with about 9 people in a queue inside we tried explaining to the lady on the door the situation but she was more interested in telling us that she finishes at 5 and wanted to go home. She wouldnt even get the manager for us. I guess you can say we were pretty fed up I was sitting there outside in my wheelchair asking for some help and there wasnt any offered. [she was probably the companys best customer service person between 9-5 but now it was after 5 ;)]. I am not suggesting that because I am disabled i should have received better service but because of the situation. The main reason we were a little late was because of the times i was put on hold by their call centre.

Bloodyheck i do go on a bit dont I :/

Anyway here i am with plenty of money in my accounts i cant get access to. So the wife is finishing early again today [if her boss allows it] and we are going to a different branch and after being with Abbey for over 20 years we will be closing our 4 accounts.

:eek7:

/rant off

Good, make sure on the form you tell them 1 reason is due to the incompetence of the call centre staff.

Oh and if you want a good bank Nationwide is the best I have had.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Collegien i was gonna tell you to get off your lazy arse and get to the bank and solve the issue in regular hours, but then noticed the tiny bit 'bout the wheelchair, and i'm guessing you can't roll there, so it's kinda acceptable anger :D

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
Good, make sure on the form you tell them 1 reason is due to the incompetence of the call centre staff.

Oh and if you want a good bank Nationwide is the best I have had.

Oh you can be assured they will be getting a phat letter of complaint asking for compensation etc or at least an apology.

Thanks for the tip about Nationwide. I have a Nationwide credit card and the service has been quite good with them. I like the fact that they dont charge for currecy conversion on transactions saved me a fair bit in the last few years when on holiday etc.

I may go with RBS though. The wife has had accounts there too for about 10 years and they have always been very good.

:)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Thre problem I find speaking to foreign call centres is that often they are taught how to speak english but not taught and to have a conversation in english.

I'm only fluent in english (know a tiny bit of welsh and some french ) but to explain to non english readers, english as a language is more than knowing what words to use. You need to be able to understand english concepts and regional dialects of which there are many. English has some of the most varied dialects of any country in the world especially considering how small our country is.

Outsourcing to another country can work if those people are exceptional at understanding english and not just speaking it, the problem is every person I have ever spoken to in a foreign call centre has had problems understanding me and vice versa. I admit I have an averagely strong Yorkshire accent and dialect but even still they should be able to deal with that and if not they shouldn`t be doing the job.

And don`t even get me started on spelling my surname to someone from bangladesh who understands every third letter after the 5th attempt ^^

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
"are you happy with your internet service providings?"

"I'm calling from your bank, we need your bank account number and sort code so we can get into your bank account and rescue the man who irons out your monies so you can get them nice and flat"

Gamah

Banned
"are you happy with your internet service providings?"

"I'm calling from your bank, we need your bank account number and sort code so we can get into your bank account and rescue the man who irons out your monies so you can get them nice and flat"

Class show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom