Incoming... In game Ads

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Advertisers are actively looking towards games as a new means of plugging their goods the New York Times reports. There article includes discussions with CEO Mitchell Davis whose company is partnered with corporations including Intel and Coca Cola. The article looks into the prospect of in game ads and why EA is currently rebuking Massive's offers.

"I don't want to pick up a sword and have it read Nike on the side," said Jeff Evertt, a video game player and programmer. But less intrusive product ads would not necessarily bother him, he said. Brian Fisher, another gamer and programmer, agreed. "If the character drinks a Pepsi to get health points, it doesn't bug me," Mr. Fisher said.

More details about Massives plans can be found here.

Source: Shacknews

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I wonder if my nike boots of swiftness will be +5? Perhaps the adidas ones will be +5 and hasted :p

Do your think your coca-cola health pickup will restore more or less points than the pepsi-powerup?

:(

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Meh. If they want to waste their money they can go ahead as long as the money goes towards making better games. Don't think I've ever consciously bought anything because of an advert since I hit puberty so I doubt they'll be making much profit out of me unless they happen to be advertising a really good product at a reasonable price that is going to be beneficial to me at that precise period in time. If it's just soft drinks it won't work, I could have coca-cola wallpaper and it wouldn't make me want to drink the stuff.

PS.
15936b.jpg

nath

Fledgling Freddie
But like - there's been ads in games for ages? From things like crazy taxi with it's endless plugs to need for speed underground with loads of burger kings dotted around. I'm sure there's more, but it's not a new thing. Dunno why it's being treated like it is :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom