In this situation.. i must choose savage or warrior?

L

lorric

Originally posted by donttouchpoopy
Because:

A) They're sick of all the savages.
B) They have a fair idea that the nerfbat is going to swing on savages again.

So i made my SB fully knowing about the nerf and it didnt stop me and my Zerk, some people will play there savages for the enjoyment of the class, not many maybe but some.

Your flame baiting skill really has become dull btw you have just become glottis 2.0 .

B

BidAccount

Originally posted by behatch
carnt wait till it swings on infils and ns's take over the fotm title

Got a long long wait.

Somewhere round Christmas 2023 I think.

B

behatch

Got a long long wait.

Somewhere round Christmas 2023 I think.

yes,well :) i think i'll be long gone by the time infil gets nerfed

G

Garnet

Originally posted by cha0tic
Lo, i want to know what class i must choose if i want to duel against tanks like armsmans, paladins, mercenaris, heros, champions, etc...

Savages does more damage than a warrior , are more fast and are hard to hit, but a warrior can block a lot, and they have more hitpoints. I`ve read savages will be nerfed to do less damage, to equilibrate the damage with other classes of midgard. Then im a bit confused about what class i must chose, i love warriors (troll with sword) but savages (kobold h2h) do a lot of damage :\ and have risk to be nerfeds :_ dont know what i must choose.

thnx for help

If you want to be a overpowered fotm character who will be flamed endlessly and will get nothing but fo in their Grats threads from the other realms then play a savage. ;)

If you want to play one of the most balanced characters in the game who can play good at defence and offense then play a warrior :)

D

dawn-

savages isnt a class. its a cheat. its a maphack in starcraft and an ogc for cs. roll a warrior and play the fucking game imo

D

dawn-

Re: Re: In this situation.. i must choose savage or warrior?

Originally posted by Garnet
If you want to be a overpowered fotm character who will be flamed endlessly and will get nothing but fo in their Grats threads from the other realms then play a savage. ;)

ahhahhahha wot he said : )

M

Meeks

i love warriors (troll with sword) but savages (kobold h2h) do a lot of damage :\

thnx for help

If you love warriors, why even think about making a savage ? ;)

We have enough of them already

B

BlitheringIdiot

Why not - isn't that Midgards motto: 'FOTM and proud of it!'

Half the FoTM's are people who also happen to have accounts on alb/hib excal aswell... :p

The sane mids dont deny that savages are overpowered and that we have it easiest to set up incredibly effective groups. Yet what you seem blissfully unaware of, is that a lot of mids cant and wont level another char to 50 just to be effective again and so we've got a lot of pissed of thanes/zerks/casters and even warriors.

O

old.krane

I wud do a warrior for sure....

Great class

R

Rg.Roller

Warrior will win 95% of all duels. unbuffed savages arent too hot, tend to do more damage to themselves than the other person if they have shield spec. A buffed assisting savage........well a few sorcerers could prolly fill u in on that

K

kinag

You really are weird... :eek:

E

Eggy

A savage will take you what - 2 days to get 50?

Make both

U

Urme the Legend

Warrior for the win!

Depends what you like most.. do you like PvE etc I would go for a warrior, they are also a very nice char in RvR, at least to guard healers etc, but if you only want to "wtfpwn" in RvR go for a savage.

If you don't want to be afraid what the next patch will do to savages... choose warrior ;)

Savages = Wtfpwn everything
Warrior = Wtfguards everything

Two completly different characters.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Eggy

Make both

Savages arent that great in PvE, especially solo.

Savages arent that great below lvl40.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by lorric
So i made my SB fully knowing about the nerf and it didnt stop me and my Zerk, some people will play there savages for the enjoyment of the class, not many maybe but some.

Your flame baiting skill really has become dull btw you have just become glottis 2.0 .

He fecking fotm retard.
Where did I flame in this thread.
Get you head examined and stop your parents from breading any more rejects.
Regards, Glottis

L

lorric

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
He fecking fotm retard.
Where did I flame in this thread.
Get you head examined and stop your parents from breading any more rejects.
Regards, Glottis

Comparison between u and Donttouch u fool and my CB was very fotm im sure just like your zerg spec inf and scout. Always so angry about a stupid game i bet u have ulcers from all the stress u seem to be under.

L

Lumikki

No. Stop generalising.

xx

A

aonn_elfclomper

Originally posted by Eggy

Make both

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
Savages arent that great in PvE, especially solo.

Savages arent that great below lvl40.

Eggy:made mine in /played 3days got to rr2 same day as 50ding :)

BlitheringIdiot:comon who lvl chars the oldway anymore ? a few SM's at yar and kaching u are 50 :)

O

orbin

I think the only reason there are so many Savages is because there is really no other good damage dealing char left to play in Midgard. The growth rates on Berserkers now are a joke and mythic has clearly stated that there will not ever be an plain %-tual increase in damage for the Berserkers. Maybe and increase in damage through style reviews... but that will take a long time.

So if the nerf on Savages stays as it is after 1.65 (i think the last word hasent been said in that question) as stated by mythic... 8 nerfs in one patch never seen anything like it. Then we only have warriors left.

Warriors.... ok warriors for me is a defensive tank that wears a shield to be able to block and and lieve as long as possible in combat. The warrior got and nice little extra touch to their WS and has loads of HP. Plus they have chain, heaviest armor in mid.

Imo midgard will not be able to deal the heavy amount of damage needed to keep up with for example RA's like BOF. Savages is not very good at killing tanks... its just that we can handle the tank train better then the other realms, apparently. Cause its that that makes all the difference. Savages its plain support thrashers and since the other realms has more light armor wearers than mid the "Savage effect" has been hard for them.

Midgard is a dying realm we all know it and its only a matter of time when Mythic will understand that it is not our light tanks that is the problem. If u ppl think u will be able to keep a good fight with albs and hibs just using warriors u might aswell remowe the portal at svas and barricade the door.

/Cheers

M

Meeks

Savages really deserves a nerf, dont understand how people can say they are fine atm :rolleyes:

But, the changes in 1.65 is just too much :(

O

orbin

Totally agree Meeks, they needed to be toned down abit not destroyed. Just fixing the d/t/q rate would have made a great different. Saw a pastnerf log 4 quads in 800 hits. They could have removed taunt entirely too as it is pastnerf now is just lame a 2 sec cast without animation... u must belooking like a friggin idiot just standing there.

The overnerf is the 30 sec that became 15 and takes up too much hp... without our buffs we are utterly useless. You must use h2h otherwise your WS i gimped etc.

As i said destroyed....

R

Rollie

depends on if you have a guild group to what you should roll, if you roll a warrior expect to sit at MTK ALOT yelling "lfg" my record is 11 ports while watching a dvd.

Imho if you dont have guild who have regular rvr groups make a savage just for the time saved yelling warrior lfg.

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by orbin
Totally agree Meeks, they needed to be toned down abit not destroyed. Just fixing the d/t/q rate would have made a great different. Saw a pastnerf log 4 quads in 800 hits. They could have removed taunt entirely too as it is pastnerf now is just lame a 2 sec cast without animation... u must belooking like a friggin idiot just standing there.

The overnerf is the 30 sec that became 15 and takes up too much hp... without our buffs we are utterly useless. You must use h2h otherwise your WS i gimped etc.

As i said destroyed....
have read posts from savages on us server saying that the nerf was not that much and they are still kicking ass
anyways why u care about 15 sec or 30 sec on yout timer buffs ?
u got 3 healers and 1 backup healing class to take care of u
also dont tell me that the damage output of savages is caused ONLY by the quad hits..
ps this is not a whine .Just saying my opinion etc

O

orbin

the savages that run in fixed guildgrps with good healers wont have that much of a problem. Thing is there is alot of savages not having a stable guild behind that they can run with and have to get random pickup grps or the PvE ppl... the road to 50 is pretty long. Without a buffbot or healer class in the back u will die when popping buffs so solo will be a death sentence.

Cost for buffs increased 140 % that is outrageous!

I

indeed

Originally posted by infernalwrath
have read posts from savages on us server saying that the nerf was not that much and they are still kicking ass
anyways why u care about 15 sec or 30 sec on yout timer buffs ?
u got 3 healers and 1 backup healing class to take care of u
also dont tell me that the damage output of savages is caused ONLY by the quad hits..
ps this is not a whine .Just saying my opinion etc

Just so you know, not every rvr group in midgard has 3 healers. Also just so you know, thats not always by choice.

L

Lumikki

I've never been in a group with 3 healers, maybe I'm just special?

But then again, who would take my characters into a gank group, which you can see from my signerature.

xx

A

aonn_elfclomper

Originally posted by orbin

As i said destroyed....

have seen 600 hits and 2 quads BUT that and prolly the 800/4 are from savages with no DR at all ... been asking US savages about that and they just LOL with DR4 (all h2h have that) they still quad alot ... 1.65 nerf are hitting 2h and pve savages h2h wont notice much from the nerfs besides the buff part ... but u forget that the HP cost will be halfed aswell not just the duration on the buff ,,, ok buffs will now be based on full HP wish will hurt abit when on low hp guess we have to trust ouer healers to help us on that part :)

P

Powahhh

Lo, i want to know what class i must choose if i want to duel against tanks like armsmans, paladins, mercenaris, heros, champions, etc...

Savages does more damage than a warrior , are more fast and are hard to hit, but a warrior can block a lot, and they have more hitpoints. I`ve read savages will be nerfed to do less damage, to equilibrate the damage with other classes of midgard. Then im a bit confused about what class i must chose, i love warriors (troll with sword) but savages (kobold h2h) do a lot of damage :\ and have risk to be nerfeds :_ dont know what i must choose.

thnx for help

as you say
playing savage you KNOW that will get nerfed and will come here on BW to cry for
playing warrior you know that you will never get nerfed (well noone knows:p) and thus you will enjoy-play-learn this class

i wait to see the savage nerf and to postfarm the whines ... i bet will be millions :p

A

Aybabtu

Re: Re: In this situation.. i must choose savage or warrior?

Originally posted by Powahhh
as you say
playing savage you KNOW that will get nerfed and will come here on BW to cry for
playing warrior you know that you will never get nerfed (well noone knows:p) and thus you will enjoy-play-learn this class

i wait to see the savage nerf and to postfarm the whines ... i bet will be millions :p

I'd take that bet :p

B

BidAccount

Re: Re: Re: In this situation.. i must choose savage or warrior?

Originally posted by Aybabtu
I'd take that bet :p

When the savages get it, it'll make the great shadowhine of 1.62 look like a ripple.

Users who are viewing this thread