In this situation.. i must choose savage or warrior?

C

cha0tic

Lo, i want to know what class i must choose if i want to duel against tanks like armsmans, paladins, mercenaris, heros, champions, etc...

Savages does more damage than a warrior , are more fast and are hard to hit, but a warrior can block a lot, and they have more hitpoints. I`ve read savages will be nerfed to do less damage, to equilibrate the damage with other classes of midgard. Then im a bit confused about what class i must chose, i love warriors (troll with sword) but savages (kobold h2h) do a lot of damage :\ and have risk to be nerfeds :_ dont know what i must choose.

thnx for help

S

succi

Stressedoutscout LvL49 Inconnu Invader (but not the impressive kind)

I thought only chars under lvl 20 are invaders/defenders ?

As you get your first RR at level 20 you then become guardian etc.

L

loxleyhood

Quite right, but hes never been RvR so I wasn't sure. :p

B

BidAccount

Originally posted by Lumikki
Choose Warrior.

xx

Say all wise mids, because they know a bigger savage nerf is in the wind.

T

Tasans

Originally posted by donttouchpoopy
Say all wise mids, because they know a bigger savage nerf is in the wind.

Says the whingebag.

B

BidAccount

Originally posted by Tasans
Says the whingebag.

Find me a whinge that I've made.

Its an observation based on the US visit to Mythics HQ and Mackey's comments on Savages.

L

Lumikki

Yes, savages are bound to get nerfed, warrior is a steady and a nice class. Better to be safe than sorry I think.

xx

B

BidAccount

Originally posted by Tasans
Are you for real mr glottis wannabe?

Like I said - find me a whinge I've made.

Go on - get searching.

A

aonn_elfclomper

well roll an savage and u will get wtfpwned by real tanks thats for sure ,, trust me i got bouth classes

P

parzi

yeh to fight tanks roll a warrior.

while hybrid weapskill of savages doesnt matter that much vs soft targets face to face vs a tank you notice it cause a lot of hits will be parried/blocked etc, especially unbuffed

C

cha0tic

Thnx for your help guys, ill try a warrior then. :)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Zerkers are still a nice class to play, and won't be touched in the near future from what I read.
Savages will most likely be brought into line more, but will still be a fine class to play (Mythic is now preaching a less rough approach to nerfing, as was done with zerkers/sb's).
Did not know Warriors got rvr groups?
Regards, Glottis

B

bloodclot

if a zerker uses the right styles in a duel vs savages, and the savage doesn't quad. the savage has a very very hard time winning.

i lvled a 2h savage to lvl45. but i stopped lvling him, cause the zerker is a damn nice class to play in rvr with the right RA's the right styles.

B

BidAccount

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Zerkers are still a nice class to play, and won't be touched in the near future from what I read.
Savages will most likely be brought into line more, but will still be a fine class to play (Mythic is now preaching a less rough approach to nerfing, as was done with zerkers/sb's).
Regards, Glottis

The brighter mid groups use warriors. Best rvr group tank imo - very versatile with both popular spec options (50weapon/50shield/28 parry or 50/42/39) providing defense and offense without compromise. Its just that the savages damage output outstrips anything the warrior can do (hell any class can do) at the moment - plus they are just a little dull to level....

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Regards, Glottis

A SENSIBLE POST! wow glottis, all teh whine fuel gone on the RR today? :(

L

Lumikki

Yes warriors still get groups, I'll happily take a warrior or 2 in my group. Great class in whole :)

And yes, Zerks are still worth playing :)

xx

B

behatch

Originally posted by Lumikki
Choose Warrior.

xx

yes,savages are very cool , not only because they are overpowered but because self buffs,360degree evade etcetc is nice nd makes playing a start bit more fun

But warriors are great with there blocking,not sure damage wise but i think paladin wtfpwn them,but pala's are OP ^^

choose warrior and do a savage for bg1,there fun!

M

marczje

Hehe i saw a rr3 valkyn savage lossing to somberlain some while ago.. think somberlain rr8 or smth.. and he had like 5-10% hp left (kobold warrior) .. so i think a even rr savage will stand a fair chance against real tanks..

Anyways go warrior, dont be another fotm :p

B

BidAccount

Originally posted by marczje
Anyways go warrior, dont be another fotm :p

Why not - isn't that Midgards motto: 'FOTM and proud of it!'

B

behatch

er,dont you have a VERY fotm infil? er yes you do so shut up mr donttouchmyfotmzergingass

you are the biggest fotm'er

B

BidAccount

Originally posted by behatch
er,dont you have a VERY fotm infil? er yes you do so shut up mr donttouchmyfotmzergingass

you are the biggest fotm'er

Isn't that a SB (pre 1.62 FOTM kings > year) and a savage (the new FOTM king) I spy in you sig?

Hello pot, meet kettle.

L

lorric

if that was true why are the mids here saying to make a Warrior?

B

behatch

Isn't that a SB (pre 1.62 FOTM kings > year) and a savage (the new FOTM king) I spy in you sig?

Hello pot, meet kettle.

you carnt comment on anyones sig as you too scared to show yours

prober consists of

prydwen-50zerk,50savage,50healer ba bla until u can get the bollox to admit our chars dont comment on anone else's

lvl 35 savage such fotm not even do decent damage yet

B

BidAccount

Originally posted by lorric
if that was true why are the mids here saying to make a Warrior?

Because:

A) They're sick of all the savages.
B) They have a fair idea that the nerfbat is going to swing on savages again.

B

behatch

carnt wait till it swings on infils and ns's take over the fotm title

Users who are viewing this thread